Login

russian armor

Storm trooper rework is awful

20 Apr 2019, 05:44 AM

They are CQC unit but 4 man squad

there is no reason to use one panzershrek and Mp40 is useless weapon

also flamenade is not useful for him

I don't know who asked the balance team to give him a flame nade, but he's definitely a stupid guy

The problem with the Encirclement doctrine still hasn't been fixed, but rather weakened the Stormtrooper

in now, no one use this unit

<My suggestion>

storm trooper now equip 2 mp44 and 2 kar 98k basically

flame nade is....ok, this skill also have scarcity in Weh units

so lets add another usefull skill......

delete mp40 upgrade and add MP44 upgrade(2 mp44, 60muni) -> unlock bundle grenade and tactical advance

add 2 panzershrek upgrade(120muni) -> 1 panershrek is useless, at least he should get 2 panzershrek and camo + 2 shrek makes a reason to use a storm trooper, unlock bundle grenade

rework G43 upgrade (doctrinal, 75 muni) -> increase squad size(4->5), equip 2 G43(total : 2 mp44, 2 G43 1 kar98), replace flame nade with normal M24 grenade, delete camo

P.S) encirclement doctrine need rework too so i will post about encirclement rework later

20 Apr 2019, 05:54 AM

If you want STGs, you can go PGs, you can even give them cammo with some Commanders.
20 Apr 2019, 05:59 AM

If you want STGs, you can go PGs, you can even give them cammo with some Commanders.

yes, u a right

but STGs storm trooper also have flame nade, smoke and booby trap, sprint(doctrinal), stun nade(doctrinal)

i think that is enough
20 Apr 2019, 07:28 AM

They are not CQC troops, they are ambush troops.

Stop using them like shocks and start using them like commandos.
20 Apr 2019, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 07:28 AMKatitof
They are not CQC troops, they are ambush troops.

Stop using them like shocks and start using them like commandos.

Except Commandos have 5 men and a strong grenade which makes them infinitely better than Shock Troopers.
20 Apr 2019, 07:57 AM

Except Commandos have 5 men and a strong grenade which makes them infinitely better than Shock Troopers.

Commandos also have one of THE shittiest vet bonuses in the game.
25% accuracy is their ONLY combat vet bonus, while storms get proper vet.
20 Apr 2019, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 07:57 AMKatitof

auto smoke at retreat is really shitty. they need some proper vet!
20 Apr 2019, 08:11 AM

That information is inaccurate:
Commandos get:
+30% accuracy at vet 2
0.9 received accuracy at vet 3

In addition passive heal at vet 1 when others units get it later
20 Apr 2019, 08:13 AM

nobody using them like shocks because 4 man with smg cant anything

That's why ass engi received buffs with 5 squad sizes

So, do you use Stormtrooper?

4 man CQC unit is very weak even with camo

Except for squad size, the utilization of storm troopers is very limited

Commando is best CQC unit because they are 5 and have camo and can use strong grenade(It's worth more than stupid Ranger)

also they can use bren LMG

Storm troopers have weak firepower and very low durability compared to Commando

nobody says Commando is trash unit

20 Apr 2019, 13:03 PM

Anyone got received accuracy comparisons on these two? coh2db is only accurate to the Spring Balance Patch of 2018.
20 Apr 2019, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:03 PMLago
Anyone got received accuracy comparisons on these two? coh2db is only accurate to the Spring Balance Patch of 2018.

Commando

-27% received accuracy bonus in basic stat

vet 3 : -10% received accuracy bonus

Storm trooper

-25% received accuracy bonus in basic stat

vet 3 : -29% received accuracy bonus
20 Apr 2019, 18:56 PM

they are awesome at ambushing (which is their intended role, not to throw them at enemy rangers on open) and not weak, they just need more microing to be effective

with 2 rifles and 2 stg 44s you would turn them to absolute shit. Into a unit that is not strong at long or short range and has very limited combat range.
20 Apr 2019, 19:11 PM

they are awesome at ambushing (which is their intended role, not to throw them at enemy rangers on open) and not weak, they just need more microing to be effective

with 2 rifles and 2 stg 44s you would turn them to absolute shit. Into a unit that is not strong at long or short range and has very limited combat range.

what? and they cant ambush with stg44's? they are far more effective with stg44's and would have been used alot more if they hadn't replaced the mp44 with mp40s. Alot of the recent additions to them already make them unique from PzGrenadiers.

Honestly who ever thought of the mp40's upgrade needs a slap on the head. made a unit trash, all because they wanted it to be unique
20 Apr 2019, 19:12 PM

I like the SMG Stormtroopers...
20 Apr 2019, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 19:11 PMAlphrum

what? and they cant ambush with stg44's? they are far more effective with stg44's and would have been used alot more if they hadn't replaced the mp44 with mp40s. Alot of the recent additions to them already make them unique from PzGrenadiers.

Honestly who ever thought of the mp40's upgrade needs a slap on the head. made a unit trash, all because they wanted it to be unique

and overlapping with panzergrens and being very cheesy with the wiping power that was ambush boost + tactical assault and stgs. Mp 40s are much less likely to just wipe unit for you like stg did. I more gladly take mp 40s
20 Apr 2019, 19:34 PM

Also the MP40s are free.
STGs costed 100 munitions, PGs with camo upgrade are cheaper and you get 4 of them, also a 100 damage grenade like Commandos.
20 Apr 2019, 20:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't see any problem with Storms. Activating TA out of camo's gonna murderlate the shit outta anything that's not an elite CQC unit. And there's honestly a chance even against those units if the Storms get to attack while their target's back is turned (difficult and unlikely considering the spotting range to see stealth is pretty close to range 10 that SMGs want, but possible with late-game craters).
21 Apr 2019, 10:53 AM

I am using my smartphone now, so I can't paste DPS data,if you want it I can paste it later.

But you can treat storm mp40 as a skin of MP44.It is not a smg like Stock pphs,storm mp40 is also good at mid-distance combat
21 Apr 2019, 12:57 PM

I don't understand why some people hate the mp40's this much. Stormtrooper MP40s, to me, always feel better at CQC than Pgren stgs(which is what storms used before the rework), they have way worse mid and long range dps, and since they aren't very durable, you need to use the camo and your brain for them to be useful.

The reason they have the smoke and their new commando level camo is because they were given MP40s instead of STG44s. The old storms were boring, they were basically an infiltration pgren with camo that you had to pay 80 more munies for(20 for pgren camo). And yes, there is the tactical advance, which I don't find to be worth the cost of getting the STG44s for 100 munies. Pgren with camo is a better(due to 5 second accuracy boost out of camo), cheaper old storm, without the tactical advance. I honestly never used that ability on old storms, since I never used those, on the new ones I find it pointless because their close range DPS is already really high. So I dunno, maybe that ability was really good, which is why people thought that paying additional 80 munies for it was worth it.

I also don't really see how old storms were all that great for infiltration. I'm pretty sure that was mostly used for cheesy pop-ins in firefights to instantly have a squad that puts the enemy at a disadvantage, which is what you can still do the same way. So this part isn't really changed, it's what comes after. New storms have an inciendary grenade that deals additional damage to caches and a faster decap speed. On some maps they can go really far without going out of invisibility, due to their camo, their vet 1 allows them to heal, and their mp40s have better damage potential, if you use them right. All of this higly promotes their use as an infiltration unit that is used for deep flanks or scouting or ambushes or decaps, not for just running at an enemy and winning.

The new storms are far more interesting and have a special role in Wehrmacht, I don't see how the old ones were better for the army as a whole. These storms only really lose to enemy elite assault infanty, their MP40 profile is one of the best smgs in the game.
21 Apr 2019, 13:45 PM

Seems like a L2P issue to me.

By the way, the comparison with commandos is unfair, given how extremely OP commandos are and still not nerfed appropriately to this day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★