Login

russian armor

Comet tank has been too nerfed.

20 Apr 2019, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 06:32 AMddd

Comet doesnt kick any ass, its ass itself. Its worse vs tanks and infantry than panther while costing the same.

Last round of nerfs was to make it not batshit OP because back then it was better than panther in everything (guys behind balance going from extreme to extreme here).

Its not a t34/85, its a panther. I dont know how blinded you have to be to not see that. Same cost and being placed behind 50 fuel upgrade (similar to ostheer) is very clear sign.

White phosphorus, crew grenade, hammer tracking, no vet blitz and normal smoke are all contributing factors to the units cost, not just it's combat performance. So yes, the panther does its jobs better for the same cost, but the comet can do more. The panther is SUPPOSED to be better than the comet, as seen by the nerfs the comet received so it wouldn't beat the panther 1/2 of the times. The comet beats p4s and stugs and anything below the panther handily, and for everything above there is the firefly. The comet isn't supposed to replace all your other armour, the old comet could. That's bad design. Does it need some love? Yea. But should it be single handedly smash all of Germany? No.
21 Apr 2019, 03:04 AM

ddd
21 Apr 2019, 13:01 PM

White phosphorus, crew grenade, hammer tracking, no vet blitz and normal smoke are all contributing factors to the units cost, not just it's combat performance.

You cant put them all together as comet features. Blitz and hammer tracking are part of hammer upgrade, not comet itself. When OST unlocks 50 fuel t4 it gets access to panther, brummbar and pwerfer. When UKF unlocks 50 fuel hammer tactics it gets access to comet, gammon bomb, blitz and tracking.

So yes, the panther does its jobs better for the same cost, but the comet can do more. The panther is SUPPOSED to be better than the comet, as seen by the nerfs the comet received so it wouldn't beat the panther 1/2 of the times.

This is all that matters in actual game, panther does its job better, thats why we see panther in almost every game. Comet has bunch of greandes and other useless garbage that is not needed on this tank instead of combat effectivnes. Having greandes makes some sense on churchill, but for whatever reason comet has 2 grenade abillities and 2 smoke shell abilities. Most of it should be removed and comet should be adjusted accordingly. Its not a moba for units to have 5 abilities.

The comet beats p4s and stugs and anything below the panther handily, and for everything above there is the firefly.

Comet has something like 70% chance to penetrate okw p4, for 185 fuel unit behind 50 fuel sidegrade thats very bad.

The comet isn't supposed to replace all your other armour, the old comet could. That's bad design. Does it need some love? Yea. But should it be single handedly smash all of Germany? No.

Now i think you got slightly confused. Im suggesting to turn comet into specialized tank hunter similar to panther, that would require other pieces of armor for anti infantry duty.

Its YOU who is defending current good vs everything comet design. Old comet was just like current comet design wise. Only stats changed.
21 Apr 2019, 13:29 PM

If the Panther doesn't beat the Comet, what does?

The Panther having the edge over the Comet isn't a problem. That's what the Panther's for.

What is a problem is the Comet isn't worth it relative to just spamming out more basic UKF tanks. It plays like a premium medium, but premium mediums cost 140ish fuel. Not 185. Definitely not 225.
21 Apr 2019, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 13:01 PMddd

This is all that matters in actual game, panther does its job better, thats why we see panther in almost every game.

maybe, just maybe both axis factions have panthers, so you will most likely see them every game.

i need to do some scientific research first before beeing 100% sure tho.
21 Apr 2019, 14:10 PM

No ukf tech cost less than ost
21 Apr 2019, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 13:01 PMddd

You cant put them all together as comet features. Blitz and hammer tracking are part of hammer upgrade, not comet itself. When OST unlocks 50 fuel t4 it gets access to panther, brummbar and pwerfer. When UKF unlocks 50 fuel hammer tactics it gets access to comet, gammon bomb, blitz and tracking.

and yet i have not ever once been able to build a comet that didnt have tracking or not access to blitz. exclusively part of the comet or not those are traits that are 100% always at the disposal of the comet. every time. you cant balance the comet without taking that into account because you literally cannot not have them.

This is all that matters in actual game, panther does its job better, thats why we see panther in almost every game. Comet has bunch of greandes and other useless garbage that is not needed on this tank instead of combat effectivnes. Having greandes makes some sense on churchill, but for whatever reason comet has 2 grenade abillities and 2 smoke shell abilities. Most of it should be removed and comet should be adjusted accordingly. Its not a moba for units to have 5 abilities.

because the comet is supposed to playa support role as WELL as a combat role. hammer is about attacking. hard to attack into the face of a set up mg aint it? thus the smoke. kinda hard to clear out a garrison aint it? thus the WP and grenades. its not just a raw firepower machine. it has abilities so that it has a defined role and all thos abilities help with that role.

furthermore, you might see panthers because thats osts closest thing to a TD. im not sure that you expect their alternative to be, the firefly?

Comet has something like 70% chance to penetrate okw p4, for 185 fuel unit behind 50 fuel sidegrade thats very bad.

70% chance to pen the most durable stock medium in the game is GOOD odds. couple that with the 300 armour that you conveniently left out you have a 70% chance to pen them and less than a 50% chance to be penned. sounds like a counter to me. you are also leaving out its extra health. straight up your not being genuine about the matchup at all. just picking a single value that works in your favour and running with it. you are better than that.

Now i think you got slightly confused. Im suggesting to turn comet into specialized tank hunter similar to panther, that would require other pieces of armor for anti infantry duty.

Its YOU who is defending current good vs everything comet design. Old comet was just like current comet design wise. Only stats changed.

because the brits HAVE a TD. you make the comet into a psudo TD and you overlap with an existing unit that is very much intended to be used. up a few replies you were bitching about seeing panthers every game, and you want the comet to be the same ignoring that there is are other units in place to fill that role for the brits and not for ost (okw is its own design cock up entirely)

you need to keep in mind that every unit is supposed to have a role that doesnt render the others obsolete.

the comet is unique in that it can properly support a push and can kick the tits off p4 and stug spam, the panther exists PRECISELY to counter units like the comet and to counter panthers the brits have fireflies. if the comet beats all armour what the hell is the point of the firefly?

to reiterate: the comet needs something, likley a reload buff with vet, maybe even returning some of its moving accuracy (id actually start there) but tur ing into a panther is not what it needs.
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 14:54 PM

and yet i have not ever once been able to build a comet that didnt have tracking or not access to blitz. exclusively part of the comet or not those are traits that are 100% always at the disposal of the comet. every time. you cant balance the comet without taking that into account because you literally cannot not have them.

because the comet is supposed to playa support role as WELL as a combat role. hammer is about attacking. hard to attack into the face of a set up mg aint it? thus the smoke. kinda hard to clear out a garrison aint it? thus the WP and grenades. its not just a raw firepower machine. it has abilities so that it has a defined role and all thos abilities help with that role.

furthermore, you might see panthers because thats osts closest thing to a TD. im not sure that you expect their alternative to be, the firefly?

70% chance to pen the most durable stock medium in the game is GOOD odds. couple that with the 300 armour that you conveniently left out you have a 70% chance to pen them and less than a 50% chance to be penned. sounds like a counter to me. you are also leaving out its extra health. straight up your not being genuine about the matchup at all. just picking a single value that works in your favour and running with it. you are better than that.

because the brits HAVE a TD. you make the comet into a psudo TD and you overlap with an existing unit that is very much intended to be used. up a few replies you were bitching about seeing panthers every game, and you want the comet to be the same ignoring that there is are other units in place to fill that role for the brits and not for ost (okw is its own design cock up entirely)

you need to keep in mind that every unit is supposed to have a role that doesnt render the others obsolete.

the comet is unique in that it can properly support a push and can kick the tits off p4 and stug spam, the panther exists PRECISELY to counter units like the comet and to counter panthers the brits have fireflies. if the comet beats all armour what the hell is the point of the firefly?

to reiterate: the comet needs something, likley a reload buff with vet, maybe even returning some of its moving accuracy (id actually start there) but tur ing into a panther is not what it needs.

You cant build comet without blitz because its part of hammer upgrade. You pay fuel for it. Or else we consider comet price as 225 fuel and 700mp.

Comet playing support role overlaps heavily with cromwell and churchill while being worse than these 2. Its failed design.

Comet being "good matchup" vs 140 medium tank is not enough. It should either completly outclass okw p4 (if we want to keep it generalist) or straight up murder it. As for now its garbage in its role for its price.

Brits have fragile slow firing td thats good versus heavy armor but sucks vs mediums. Comet being redesigned as medium tanks hunter would fill different role.

The role you described at the end is excatly what churchill is for. Supporting push and keeping p4 and stugs at bay while being countered by panther. Currently comet tries to do the same, for more fuel, in worse sidegrade and with worse reault. Thats a failed design.
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 14:57 PM

maybe, just maybe both axis factions have panthers, so you will most likely see them every game.

i need to do some scientific research first before beeing 100% sure tho.

And how is it relevant when compared to comet? If comet was so good we would see it in half or maybe one third of ukf games as opposed to current 1 in 100.
21 Apr 2019, 14:59 PM

Okw tech cost more than ukf again so the 50 more for the side grade is useless
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 15:18 PM

Okw tech cost more than ukf again so the 50 more for the side grade is useless

Well i wouldnt call ukf sidegrade useless, just not as cost efficient as ostheer t4.
21 Apr 2019, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 15:18 PMddd

Well i wouldnt call ukf sidegrade useless, just not as cost efficient as ostheer t4.
by that logic ukf tier 0 is better than oat cause u get IS and UC, by useless I mean to add the 50 more fuel for the comparison as the the okw and ukf pays same resource to reach p4 or comet
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 15:34 PM

by that logic ukf tier 0 is better than oat cause u get IS and UC

Uhmmm...yes? Seems about right.
21 Apr 2019, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 14:54 PMddd

You cant build comet without blitz because its part of hammer upgrade. You pay fuel for it. Or else we consider comet price as 225 fuel and 700mp.

Comet playing support role overlaps heavily with cromwell and churchill while being worse than these 2. Its failed design.

Comet being "good matchup" vs 140 medium tank is not enough. It should either completly outclass okw p4 (if we want to keep it generalist) or straight up murder it. As for now its garbage in its role for its price.

Brits have fragile slow firing td thats good versus heavy armor but sucks vs mediums. Comet being redesigned as medium tanks hunter would fill different role.

The role you described at the end is excatly what churchill is for. Supporting push and keeping p4 and stugs at bay while being countered by panther. Currently comet tries to do the same, for more fuel, in worse sidegrade and with worse reault. Thats a failed design.

The Comet does indeed straight-up murder Axis mediums. No idea why you have this strange idea that a P4 can even remotely handle a fight against a Comet when the P4 has less health and about half the pen chance. The Comet is definitely not a good unit as it currently stands, but bare-faced lying certainly doesn't help your argument.

Two problems I have with the Comet are the sidegrade cost and the efficiency of the Churchill. I'd build it if it were available without Hammer tech. But the biggest reason not to get a Comet is that Churchills are simply better at anti-infantry, bullying mediums and spearheading/tanking (haha). I don't want to pay for a weird utility Panther when I can get a 1000+ hp anti-inf heavy tank for significantly less fuel.
21 Apr 2019, 16:33 PM

The comet is literally a mini tiger
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 16:59 PM

The Comet does indeed straight-up murder Axis mediums. No idea why you have this strange idea that a P4 can even remotely handle a fight against a Comet when the P4 has less health and about half the pen chance. The Comet is definitely not a good unit as it currently stands, but bare-faced lying certainly doesn't help your argument.

Im not lying, you are just keeping your head in your butt. I didnt say p4 can handle comet or beat it. P4 can however normaly function on the battlefield while comet is around, still doing work around map and in case comet shows up just reverse with ease.

Compare it to panther presence on the field. Sherman/t34/cromwell will just be chased down by panther if they step out a little. Panther will penetrate them 100% times and requires 3 snares to get engine damaged.

Two problems I have with the Comet are the sidegrade cost and the efficiency of the Churchill. I'd build it if it were available without Hammer tech. But the biggest reason not to get a Comet is that Churchills are simply better at anti-infantry, bullying mediums and spearheading/tanking (haha). I don't want to pay for a weird utility Panther when I can get a 1000+ hp anti-inf heavy tank for significantly less fuel.

Interesting. Thats excatly what im talking about. Comet tries to do the same things churchill does already, but for more fuel and with worse results. Thats why i suggested to turn comet into dedicated tank hunter, with better penetration, rate of fire and maybe healt in exchange for armor (dont need 290 to hunt mediums).
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 17:00 PM

double post remove pls
21 Apr 2019, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 14:57 PMddd

And how is it relevant when compared to comet? If comet was so good we would see it in half or maybe one third of ukf games as opposed to current 1 in 100.

Actually no, the game doesnt follow retarded logic. FYI.
Next time dont use non causa pro causa and you'll be fine.

Comet isnt showing that much since churchills are both, more reliable and easier to use. Comet has a bad risk/reward ration but that doesnt mean its useless, its riskier and harder to play with but far from useless. In lategame when AT control is critical, comet is not your AT tank but comet+firefly.
21 Apr 2019, 17:29 PM

JaGdTiGeR NeEd BuFf

we never see it in game
ddd
21 Apr 2019, 17:46 PM

Actually no, the game doesnt follow retarded logic. FYI.
Next time dont use non causa pro causa and you'll be fine.

Comet isnt showing that much since churchills are both, more reliable and easier to use. Comet has a bad risk/reward ration but that doesnt mean its useless, its riskier and harder to play with but far from useless. In lategame when AT control is critical, comet is not your AT tank but comet+firefly.

You are talking gibberish. Thats the only retarded thing i see so far.

The fact that everyone in this thread agrees on churchill being better at doing excatly the same things as comet illustrates the problem perfectly. Comet should not be fulfilling the same role as churchill. The choice between hammer and anvil should be meaningful and resulting in different units for different tasks. Currently comet is weaker at spearheading attacks and exchanging fire with enemy tanks while at the same time being bad at hunting lone tanks.

Great example of comet + firefly combo being remotely good. Show me one person that prefers that combo over churchill + firefly. You are further proving my point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★