Login

russian armor

Discuss - PLEASE REMOVE THE CAMO

16 Apr 2019, 12:35 PM

Realistic or not the Black camo is better than the yellow one and is a big nostalgia call for us CoH veterans.
16 Apr 2019, 12:47 PM

Can we just change to color of tiger ACE's camo?
16 Apr 2019, 16:03 PM

I agree the current skin is quite awful but the black one is just as unrealistic afaik. If anything it should get a nice looking unique ambush camouflage skin, maybe with some iconic unit number like Wittmann's Tiger 007.

So changing the camo is something the team is considering? It really doesn't have to be anything special; Anything is better than the current abomination.
16 Apr 2019, 16:19 PM

Golden tanks also aren't historically accurate. According to the documentary Danger 5, the Germans used gold to improve their small arms, but Hitler found the idea of golden tanks impractical.

16 Apr 2019, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2019, 16:03 PMFarlion

So changing the camo is something the team is considering? It really doesn't have to be anything special; Anything is better than the current abomination.

I would hope so. They might need approval from relic before they'd allow a community made skin.
16 Apr 2019, 22:02 PM

I would hope so. They might need approval from relic before they'd allow a community made skin.

It's more like a community translation of the CoH American campaign Tiger Ace skin.

Schultz' Tiger Ace in the Autie mission really did use that skin.

Edit: Proof

Edit2: Lol found a topic from 2015 about the same thing as this thread: https://www.coh2.org/topic/36281/tiger-ace-skin/page/1
16 Apr 2019, 22:26 PM

Edit2: Lol found a topic from 2015 about the same thing as this thread: https://www.coh2.org/topic/36281/tiger-ace-skin/page/1

Ginnungagap gets it:

"I've never understood the appeal of "cool" looking fantasy skins in ww2 games.

The tiger ace skin should come in regular ambush camo, with heavy wear and tear, crumbling zimmerit, multiple imprints from shell ricochets and plenty of killrings on the barrel - something that has seen and endured countless battles."

Just imagine..

:hansGASM:

17 Apr 2019, 14:51 PM

While we're on the theme of replacing the ugly duckling skins of the Ostheer I want to again pitch in my Grenadier proposal:

Using the AT and Howitzer gun crew models equipped with rifles instead of the full camoed grenadier models in use right now because I don't know about other people but they are at least a torn in my eyes and they are not historically accurate because of low amounts produced as someone else mentioned. The camo itself was mostly used by snipers for the most part.

Here's some example pics:

- Running to a trench
- Hanging around a trench
- In a Church
17 Apr 2019, 15:37 PM

In contrast to the Soviet skins (which are mostly terribly non-historical), this German Grenadier skin is quite historical, I see no reason to change it.
17 Apr 2019, 15:50 PM

I really want to keep tiger ace skin around, perhaps as a heavy tank skin for purchace?
18 Apr 2019, 02:04 AM

Ginnungagap gets it:

"I've never understood the appeal of "cool" looking fantasy skins in ww2 games.

The tiger ace skin should come in regular ambush camo, with heavy wear and tear, crumbling zimmerit, multiple imprints from shell ricochets and plenty of killrings on the barrel - something that has seen and endured countless battles."

Just imagine..

:hansGASM:

Yeah just do this!

While we're on the theme of replacing the ugly duckling skins of the Ostheer I want to again pitch in my Grenadier proposal:

Using the AT and Howitzer gun crew models equipped with rifles instead of the full camoed grenadier models in use right now because I don't know about other people but they are at least a torn in my eyes and they are not historically accurate because of low amounts produced as someone else mentioned. The camo itself was mostly used by snipers for the most part.

Here's some example pics:

- Running to a trench
- Hanging around a trench
- In a Church
In contrast to the Soviet skins (which are mostly terribly non-historical), this German Grenadier skin is quite historical, I see no reason to change it.

I once suggested that it'll be cool for Grenadiers to use that model by default (which the shoulder patches changed to white, red means they are artillerymen) and make it so that upgrading to Ambush Camouflage gives them the camouflage uniform instead.
18 Apr 2019, 08:48 AM

Yeah just do this!

I once suggested that it'll be cool for Grenadiers to use that model by default (which the shoulder patches changed to white, red means they are artillerymen) and make it so that upgrading to Ambush Camouflage gives them the camouflage uniform instead.

I would honestly prefer the Osttruppen model but with a stahlhelm . Even so your idea sounds nice but I'm not sure if the engine allows changing of the infantry skin/model halfway through a match.
18 Apr 2019, 10:07 AM

What ? Soviet infantry skins are perfect
18 Apr 2019, 10:13 AM

That green camo for grenadier is even more awful tho...
18 Apr 2019, 12:08 PM

What ? Soviet infantry skins are perfect

Engineers:

Conscripts:

Mortar crew:

sniper:

Guard:

penal troops

tank crew:

Future Guards paratroopers:

18 Apr 2019, 12:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Engineers:

Conscripts:

Mortar crew:

sniper:

Guard:

penal troops

tank crew:

Future Guards paratroopers:

This one is good, nice work. Some of this issues can be solved even with current in-game stuff!
18 Apr 2019, 13:10 PM

I suspect your pictures come from winter 1941 or something.

By mid war most troops had Telogreika and Valenki for Winter (they are iconic especially because some Panzergrenadier Divisions started using those too when they got their hands on a few supplies in Kiev (IIRC).

The backpack seems the one in the photo.

Lol the Guards actually used a cape ? I thought it was like Wehrmacht weather-proof poncho but without camo. Well, at least the uniform itself they wear under that is fine.

Penals need to stand out unfortunately, if Relic gave them same uniform that would be a mess. But this uniform is taken from a russian movie about penal troops IIRC, so was used by penal troops at some point.
18 Apr 2019, 13:37 PM

I suspect your pictures come from winter 1941 or something.

By mid war most troops had Telogreika and Valenki for Winter (they are iconic especially because some Panzergrenadier Divisions started using those too when they got their hands on a few supplies in Kiev (IIRC).

The backpack seems the one in the photo.

Lol the Guards actually used a cape ? I thought it was like Wehrmacht weather-proof poncho but without camo. Well, at least the uniform itself they wear under that is fine.

Penals need to stand out unfortunately, if Relic gave them same uniform that would be a mess. But this uniform is taken from a russian movie about penal troops IIRC, so was used by penal troops at some point.

No, a wadded jackett has nothing to do with years of service. These two photos, Berlin 1945:

This, East Prussia 1945:

This, Poland 1944:

Everything depends on the supply, the soldiers constantly carry their coats with them if the weather is cold: they put on a coat. It is more convenient to move in a wadded jacket, but it cannot be constantly carried by itself, so it is given with supply.

About cape in Russian terminology, this is called a cape-tent (waterproof cape), if a German poncho can be a tent, then it’s the same thing. But the USSR produced real camouflage non-waterproof poncho:
18 Apr 2019, 14:01 PM

About cape in Russian terminology, this is called a cape-tent (waterproof cape), if a German poncho can be a tent, then it’s the same thing. But the USSR produced real camouflage non-waterproof poncho:...

Yes the German poncho was a Part of tent.
18 Apr 2019, 15:57 PM

I'd prefer to keep the tiger ace skin as its an iconic nostalgia piece for coh2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight