Login

russian armor

About OKW , have some ideas in my BigHeaD...

14 Apr 2019, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 13:35 PMLago
It just goes to show how single minded the one faction wonders are that they think this is a buff to OKW. It'd cripple it.

If you take Volks out of HQ, OKW has to build its core out of Sturmpioneers and Kubels. It loses the early aggression it relies on and has to play defensively. If anyone thinks a no-Volks opening is strong, I encourage you to try it.

If it goes Mechanized, it gets no suppression, all its infantry are glass cannons and it has no snares. It doesn't stand a chance.

If it goes Battlegroup, it gets all the support weapons, a shock vehicle and AT infantry but no vehicular AT until medium tank tech. Sound familiar?

If you make OKW a faction that's got to play defensive in the early game and is focused around compensating for squishy infantry with support weapons, you've made it Ostheer.

And then why not just play Ostheer?

@Lago because Ostheer is already too dominant in 1v1 :D

So I want to play an Ostheer with far worse support weapons. Don't forget how this will make Volks under-vetted and outnumbered vs other mainlines.

It's amazing how people who only play one faction think that OKW getting T0 raketen is an advantage when it's literally the only way to make the faction playable. It'd be hilarious watching OKW bleed 50,000 manpower vs UC or getting entire battalions of Volks clown car chase-wiped if we were to remove the raketen from T0, but basically OKW playerbase would then drop to 0.
15 Apr 2019, 17:00 PM

@Lago because Ostheer is already too dominant in 1v1 :D

So I want to play an Ostheer with far worse support weapons. Don't forget how this will make Volks under-vetted and outnumbered vs other mainlines.

It's amazing how people who only play one faction think that OKW getting T0 raketen is an advantage when it's literally the only way to make the faction playable. It'd be hilarious watching OKW bleed 50,000 manpower vs UC or getting entire battalions of Volks clown car chase-wiped if we were to remove the raketen from T0, but basically OKW playerbase would then drop to 0.

Ok I am coming up this idea because I am playing coh since first game and when I am playing COH 2 on automatch 90% I encounter current meta gameplay , always same tactics and same build trees. Same like the first game.

For example when I play on the automatch I see soviet players go for penals , t 70, t-34 Then katyusha. Or Ostheer players go for 3 gren one mg , panzer 4 ,panther or tiger.

Yes maybe small differences may happen but Lots of commanders, abilities , and game play styles just getting ignored over and over again. For example OKW players mostly play with Special Operations Doctrine or no one plays with ostruppen commenders on Ostheer faction. I literally can say that 99.9% players not using conscripts merge squad ability which is really good content.

The main reason is some abilities or gameplay styles are more rewarding or just easy to play.

The people always getting mad when I say but Ill keep saying. Every faction's overall bases must be similiar but with small changes. At the strategy level Only important thing must be cover/ flank mechanics also micromanagement. Player shouldnt win because of OP meta units or abilities.

Everyone trying the say dont thing One dimentional for factions but those people dont realize that so called "not one dimentional" faction contents makes game worst every time . How many times community make a complaint about OKW ? They change the spesific designed faction over and over and still nothing fix besides making faction boring. First Making Brit's op then nerf the hell of the faction makes it hard to play with in 1v1.I literally remember that One centaur burst kills entire garrisoned mg-42 when Brits first came then they change it. Or should I say Clown car sniper game play ? Yet Still I can say Only soviet vs ostheer games more balanced then the other factions

All I am saying Designate classes of Engineer's,Mainline Inf,Support weapons etc and make it all "kinda" equal with small differences. Just focus cover/ flank mechanics also micromanagement.
For example give elite Inf can have more ability to toggle but make their fire power or defensive stat slight buff than mainline but not that much. Yes full ranked elite inf must be victor against Full ranked mainline.
Or Make heavy tanks slow with slow vehicle rotation with strong main armor but make a opportunity to Enemy player can flank that heavy tank with His own medium tank and get engine shot from behind etc.
15 Apr 2019, 17:52 PM

I'm a big fan of moving Obers to Mechanized, and not giving them the LMG upgrade until T4 is constructed. This would be sweet, I've never even used an Ober without an upgrade... are they any good? LOL
15 Apr 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 17:52 PMKharn
I'm a big fan of moving Obers to Mechanized, and not giving them the LMG upgrade until T4 is constructed. This would be sweet, I've never even used an Ober without an upgrade... are they any good? LOL

Obers aren't really meant to be used without upgrade.
They used to start with MG34, however due to massive initial cost and reinforce cost it was split for lower cost obers and 2nd part of their cost being LMG.

Pretty much the same approach was made with 221, but 221 is still useful without upgrade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight