Login

russian armor

Feedback for New Commander mod 4.0 - OST core changes

PAGES (14)down
15 Apr 2019, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 13:05 PMLago
I still think it'd be better to give OKW the Tiger Ace and put something else entirely in Strategic Reserves.

-King Tiger for Wehrmacht.

-Tiger Ace named Command Tiger and reworked to be a Normal Tiger with bonus buffs to surrounding units.

Now two faction actually got new units.
15 Apr 2019, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 16:56 PMSmartie

No, put the upgrade behind t4. Sturms will still fall of hard in midgame. You could also make the upgrade mutually exclusive with Sweepers and Schreckupgrade. OKW players had to chose: Do you want an early upgrade or wait for the late game? Keep also in mind the high munition costs in an munition heavy commander.

Sounds kinda reasonable tbh. But even if it's a NO GO for that we can keep the regular Obers upgrade and call it a day.
15 Apr 2019, 17:10 PM

-Tiger Ace named Command Tiger and reworked to be a Normal Tiger with bonus buffs to surrounding units.

The TIgerAce is finally good after the rework. ZERO need to change it imo.
15 Apr 2019, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 17:10 PMSmartie

The TIgerAce is finally good after the rework. ZERO need to change it imo.

Is "good" because is a Cheaper King Tiger, with 300 armor and with more mobility (and marginally lower than Tiger) and 10% increased accuracy.

Chances are it will make Tiger completely redundant.

Currently is neither a King Tiger like tank nor a Tiger tank and can't be considered an "alternative", more like a very convinient middle road i would personally take every time over everything. Again, waiting for its 2-4 months of total ownage till nerfs that will make it useless again, because OFC that's how it always goes.
15 Apr 2019, 17:32 PM

If we have the chance to give Wehrmacht AN OPTION, that is a Super Heavy. Right now Tiger Ace is just Tiger "why should i take the normal version" 2.0
15 Apr 2019, 17:50 PM

My feedback concerns the two axis commanders mainly and faction identity.

I think it is a mistake start mismatching signature units and abilities with different armies, it takes away from the uniqueness of the factions.

I am also a little concerned when it comes to gameplay, units have to be instantly recognizable for threat assessment, but when there are two or three versions of a tiger it might get tricky if they don’t all share the same stats and abilities.

Otherwise, I quite like the other commanders tho maybe the Brit one borrows too much from the USF.

15 Apr 2019, 18:14 PM

If M10s were stock I'd probably build one every game. They're great medium tank destroyers for barely more than a Puma, and they've got some AI utility with Flanking Speed infantry crushing too.

If you're fighting Panthers up, you'll need the more expensive Jackson, but against Ostheer T3? I'd go M10s every time.
15 Apr 2019, 18:19 PM

Agreed.
15 Apr 2019, 18:42 PM

This again? KT isn't necessary, TA is fine where it is. OKW and OST have other issues to sharpen besides their heavy tank selection. And besides, it's NOT what was voted.

You'd think the German players only care about their heavies judging by this routine.
15 Apr 2019, 18:49 PM

This again? KT isn't necessary, TA is fine where it is.

+1
15 Apr 2019, 19:33 PM

This again? KT isn't necessary, TA is fine where it is. OKW and OST have other issues to sharpen besides their heavy tank selection. And besides, it's NOT what was voted.

You'd think the German players only care about their heavies judging by this routine.

"OKW and OST have other issues to sharpen besides their heavy tank selection."

And surely those aren't having new commanders, but still, here we are.
Also, of all the arguments against it you use whataboutism.. really ?

"And besides, it's NOT what was voted."

Did we vote for what units should be put in ? Hmm, remember me when please

"You'd think the German players only care about their heavies judging by this routine."

Then you would think those people would have, like you said, "voted" for those changes, that according to you were "not voted". Contradicting statements one after the other...you don't even make sense...

15 Apr 2019, 19:39 PM

I also agree! For me the only solution to remove this confusing line-up and collision of blue-prints.

-> Ost's normal Tiger get some buffs (more like new Ace). Ace will be replaced by King. OKW's command-Tiger gets the tank-commander on the turret and some extras.

So we can also recognize these models.
Ost's Version has a turret MG and max. Vet3.
OKW's Version has a tank-commander and max. Vet5 and a individual skin.
15 Apr 2019, 19:55 PM

(kinda off-topic)

DAE think that 34/85s should be non-doctrinal?

It really isnt better than most other mediums, and would really help out Sov commanders (like the new one) who have very little options for late game.
15 Apr 2019, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 19:55 PMpoop
(kinda off-topic)

Isn't really better than most mediums

OOF
15 Apr 2019, 20:21 PM

• Panzerfusiliers with 2x Schrecks have practically no AI DPS left, unlike Volks Schrecks that still had pretty decent AI. One Allied stock mainline infantry squad has a good chance at fighting off up to three Panzerschreck Panzerfusiliers squads, an upgraded squad will do so with ease;

What?

Does the shrek upgrade reduce the AI value of the 3 other models who don't get the shrek?

Because 3 shrek upgraded squads is still 9 pfusiliers with k98s; putting aside the 6 shrek shots, are you telling me 5-riflemen or 6-conscripts can beat 9 pfusiliers?

I will gladly put this to the test when I get home, but it sounds very PressXtoDoubt.jpg.
15 Apr 2019, 20:43 PM

What?

Does the shrek upgrade reduce the AI value of the 3 other models who don't get the shrek?

Because 3 shrek upgraded squads is still 9 pfusiliers with k98s; putting aside the 6 shrek shots, are you telling me 5-riflemen or 6-conscripts can beat 9 pfusiliers?

I will gladly put this to the test when I get home, but it sounds very PressXtoDoubt.jpg.

Tell me the number that your think closer to the dps of 3 panzerfusiliers kar98k at vet 5 at mid range. I'll wait.
15 Apr 2019, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 19:55 PMpoop
(kinda off-topic)

It really isnt better than most other mediums, and would really help out Sov commanders (like the new one) who have very little options for late game.

Hmm, swap T-34-76 and T-34-85, make T-34-76 as a veteran / Guards tank crew, for example how these tankers with the T-34-76 model of 1941 in Berlin
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS