Login

russian armor

Guards grenades vs MG42 in building? no damage

6 Oct 2013, 09:09 AM

Permanently Banned
It means that If you play enough time, chances are you would miss 100 times with unit that has 5% chance to miss.....

Wat. No idea what you are saying here.

The only RNG element involved with Nades, is this one:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=12

Which states that only on models that have <50% you have a 10% chance for a kill crit.

Throwing R guard nade at MG42, 5-6 separate occasions did just about nothing to mg42 in the building.

If 5-6 Nades did "just about nothing" then you must have thrown them somewhere that they did not hit the MG42 models. Has nothing to do with RNG, only with placement.
6 Oct 2013, 09:28 AM

Wat. No idea what you are saying here.

The only RNG element involved with Nades, is this one:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=12

Which states that only on models that have <50% you have a 10% chance for a kill crit.

If 5-6 Nades did "just about nothing" then you must have thrown them somewhere that they did not hit the MG42 models. Has nothing to do with RNG, only with placement.

does it say anything about 100% accuracy? I didn't check the spreadsheets but I think that they don't always land where you aim.

And as Marcus pointed, even tho visually looks like I hit the window the nade still may have missed.

Randomness means that they can miss 5 times in a row (statistically not likely outcome, but with random chance of this happening, statistically it will happen occassionally)

Same way I lost Panther after missing 3/4 times SU85 with just about 0% health because it hit me back every time. (you have to take into account accuracy while moving, terrain, etc. It lowers the odds drastically)

Anyway, don't want to get into this argument about RNG

My question was If anyone here has thrown nade and killed/damaged MG42 inside the building.
so far I got a lot of theoretical explanations
6 Oct 2013, 09:37 AM

Guys stop taking it personal and go back on topic.

The answer to your question are two: one, you have to aim exactly at the window where the enemy is shooting at you or you will cause barely no damage (even more than in COH, where it wasn't necessary to aim the exact window) and two, unlike COH1 latest patch, in COH2 grenaders can miss, doing pretty much no damage, even if visually you see them hitting the enemy. It depends from the distance at which you throw the grenade, you can see this more times on rifle grenades of Grenadiers when they shoot from max distance, but it happens also to Guards and Shock Troops grenades.

Thanks for fixing heading, didn't know how to edit
6 Oct 2013, 10:05 AM

Permanently Banned
You must be throwing them in the wrong place.

No RNG involved there.

Only RNG factor is the 10% chance to kill crit a model with <50% hp, which isnt relevant to the scenario you described.
6 Oct 2013, 10:10 AM

You must be throwing them in the wrong place.

No RNG involved there.

Only RNG factor is the 10% chance to kill crit a model with <50% hp, which isnt relevant to the scenario you described.

So, there is 100% accuracy when throwing Nade? It will land exactly, where intended 10 out of 10 times?

I have thrown hundreds and hundreds of nades, it doesn't seem to be so......
6 Oct 2013, 11:09 AM

Permanently Banned

So, there is 100% accuracy when throwing Nade? It will land exactly, where intended 10 out of 10 times?

I have thrown hundreds and hundreds of nades, it doesn't seem to be so......

Terrain permitting, the Nade lands where you throw it, yes.

To my knowledge there is no RNG involved in where a Nade lands.
6 Oct 2013, 11:46 AM

Terrain permitting, the Nade lands where you throw it, yes.

To my knowledge there is no RNG involved in where a Nade lands.

Well if that is the only logical conclusion, than it must be me
7 Oct 2013, 17:32 PM

to day i was lucky and my guards nade took down entire building with 3 men squad mg.

so no, there is no bug.

also i noticed that if the house lost 2 corners even if its high on health if you throw the nade on the third corner there is a big chance bringing the entire house down.

more over in general nades are not a good way of getting inf out of houses. i usually place an inf squad in the house and just sitting through any grenades utill 1 man left, it is a good way to make your opponent to waste ammunition.
unless in strategically critical moments nading a buildning is mostly useful if you have enough fire power to annihilate the exiting squad. then it is cost effective.
7 Oct 2013, 17:39 PM

I still think guard nades are weak. But that's just my personnel gameplay experience.
8 Oct 2013, 06:11 AM

to day i was lucky and my guards nade took down entire building with 3 men squad mg.

so no, there is no bug.

also i noticed that if the house lost 2 corners even if its high on health if you throw the nade on the third corner there is a big chance bringing the entire house down.

more over in general nades are not a good way of getting inf out of houses. i usually place an inf squad in the house and just sitting through any grenades utill 1 man left, it is a good way to make your opponent to waste ammunition.
unless in strategically critical moments nading a buildning is mostly useful if you have enough fire power to annihilate the exiting squad. then it is cost effective.

Thanks Timujin.iI
8 Oct 2013, 09:08 AM

FWIW I have had the same experience as the OP at numerous occasions.

It was my impression that this was simply so because the soviet faction is designed for poor performance in general.

However, a number of suggestions have been made in this thread and ofc. they are worth trying. It's just funny how those hints are always followed by 'this might not always work because...'

unlike COH1 latest patch, in COH2 grenaders can miss, doing pretty much no damage, even if visually you see them hitting the enemy. It depends from the distance at which you throw the grenade, you can see this more times on rifle grenades of Grenadiers when they shoot from max distance, but it happens also to Guards and Shock Troops grenades.

I never noticed any difference for the grenadier nades. Seems like they cut out about 2-3 men regardless of distance. And speaking of nades into buildings, the gren nades seem much more effective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★