Login

russian armor

Guards grenades vs MG42 in building? no damage

5 Oct 2013, 11:43 AM

This kind of pissed me of couple of times in the past, so I was paying more attention to it.

Throwing R guard nade at MG42, 5-6 separate occasions did just about nothing to mg42 in the building.

At one instance I had 3 squads of R guards, throw nade one after other on MG42.... Nothing

Bug? RNG hates me?

Anyone
5 Oct 2013, 11:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Why are you Rifle Nading your own MG42?

Seriously, this post makes no sense. Are you drunk or high or something?
5 Oct 2013, 11:47 AM

Guards rifle

Damn don't know how to change heading
5 Oct 2013, 11:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Save the replay next time.
5 Oct 2013, 11:57 AM

Had this kind of luck with Shock Troops grenade,in the best case scenario it would kill one guy in the building though
5 Oct 2013, 12:02 PM

I have to test it some more, see if its just RNG.

Weird tho, if it happened that many times in the row
5 Oct 2013, 12:20 PM

Permanently Banned
RNG hates me?

I have to test it some more, see if its just RNG.

How exactly are you thinking RNG would be involved here?
5 Oct 2013, 12:36 PM

If it happens to your this consistently, there is a good chance you are aiming the grenades wrong. As far a I know, the damage done by the grenades also depends on the position of the infantry in the house. If you are throwing it to the wrong position, its chance to deal very little damage is higher of course.
A replay would really help so we could see if this is the case.
5 Oct 2013, 13:08 PM

If it happens to your this consistently, there is a good chance you are aiming the grenades wrong. As far a I know, the damage done by the grenades also depends on the position of the infantry in the house. If you are throwing it to the wrong position, its chance to deal very little damage is higher of course.

+1. Grenades go where you click, not just in the building. Aim for the window with the MG.
5 Oct 2013, 22:00 PM

That said there's a weirdness with the perception of the health bar, and how grenades work.

Grenades really work best if the target squad or men are even slightly damaged to start.

If they aren't, it will seem like the grenade does nothing. But if they are slightly damaged, it's highly likely a grenade will kill a lot of men or do massive damage.
5 Oct 2013, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2013, 22:00 PMTurtle
That said there's a weirdness with the perception of the health bar, and how grenades work.

Grenades really work best if the target squad or men are even slightly damaged to start.

If they aren't, it will seem like the grenade does nothing. But if they are slightly damaged, it's highly likely a grenade will kill a lot of men or do massive damage.

There is a chance to crit for explosives once infantry are below 50% health. That is probably what causes the grenade to be more effective on injured soldiers.
5 Oct 2013, 22:29 PM

+1. Grenades go where you click, not just in the building. Aim for the window with the MG.

Yup. Had a lot of molotovs not killing a last man in the building because I aimed at the side the MG wasn't point out of.
6 Oct 2013, 04:56 AM

Thanks for your input.

Tho, I got to lvl 16 in COH 1v1 couple of times. So, I think I know how to throw a nade

I was more looking for someone to say something like: 'no, I throw nades at MG42 and they do damage' or "I tried and nothing happened"

I asked the question because, I would assume, most people don't throw nade with Guards rifle on MG42 in the building very often. So, it could have gone unnoticed if its a bug.
I certainly don't, because I don't usually use Guards rifle for that sort of thing. Due to their tactical abilities usually they are far from MG42 in the building, like around Su85 or sniper, etc.
6 Oct 2013, 05:01 AM

How exactly are you thinking RNG would be involved here?

How else would you explain some poor guy throwing 2 nades right smack into the middle of my conscripts the other day, and not killing single one?

And 5 minutes later, wiping out almost entire vet 2 squad of conscripts with only one?

I assume its RNG, or you have better explanation? I am all ears
6 Oct 2013, 06:02 AM

Permanently Banned
I assume its RNG, or you have better explanation? I am all ears

RNG on what stat and how?

Or are you just saying RNG cos it sounds cool?
RNG, vacuum, MVGame, asymmetric?

The only RNG involved is this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=12

The rest is either:
A) Your poor placement of the grenade.
B) You expecting the Nade to do more than it actually does, and are exaggerating your reports as you did when you complained that a SU85 missed 3/4 shots when infact according to the 50% movement accuracy modifier it should statistically miss 2/4 anyways, and only 4 shots where fired alltogether.
C) Try to raise your threshold for posting in a whining tone that RNG has somehow been unfair to you please, thanks. I assure you that most times it is something completely unrelated to RNG, and far more related to the player.
6 Oct 2013, 07:01 AM

Wow really? I have been doing it wrong then. I haven't tried yet but that sounds very hard to do.
6 Oct 2013, 08:33 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Guys stop taking it personal and go back on topic.

The answer to your question are two: one, you have to aim exactly at the window where the enemy is shooting at you or you will cause barely no damage (even more than in COH, where it wasn't necessary to aim the exact window) and two, unlike COH1 latest patch, in COH2 grenaders can miss, doing pretty much no damage, even if visually you see them hitting the enemy. It depends from the distance at which you throw the grenade, you can see this more times on rifle grenades of Grenadiers when they shoot from max distance, but it happens also to Guards and Shock Troops grenades.
6 Oct 2013, 09:04 AM

RNG on what stat and how?

Or are you just saying RNG cos it sounds cool?
RNG, vacuum, MVGame, asymmetric?

The only RNG involved is this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=12

The rest is either:
A) Your poor placement of the grenade.
B) You expecting the Nade to do more than it actually does, and are exaggerating your reports as you did when you complained that a SU85 missed 3/4 shots when infact according to the 50% movement accuracy modifier it should statistically miss 2/4 anyways, and only 4 shots where fired alltogether.
C) Try to raise your threshold for posting in a whining tone that RNG has somehow been unfair to you please, thanks. I assure you that most times it is something completely unrelated to RNG, and far more related to the player.

RNG means RANDOM numbers GENERATOR

Randomness means that outcome cannot be predicted.
It means that If you play enough time, chances are you would miss 100 times with unit that has 5% chance to miss..... (Btw, I was trying to kill SU85 with Panther)

I thought you would know that
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L