Login

russian armor

CoH2 infantry defences change suggestion

3 Oct 2013, 15:57 PM

Hello,

I would like to suggest removing trenches from osttruppen doctrine (and give them something else) and allow them to being build by pioneers and combat engineers to compensate lack of regular sandbags and other infantry defenses.

Also I suggest adding soviet DShK emplacement (like in HQ) for combat engineers that will cost in manpower and small amount of fuel.
I will be delighted to hear feedback from other users about this issue :).

Cheers !
Hux
3 Oct 2013, 16:33 PM
Patrion 14

Trench? ..oh you mean the roofless bunker?
3 Oct 2013, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 16:33 PMHux
Trench? ..oh you mean the roofless bunker?

are they the same mechanically? or they just give nice tans to the units garrisoned?

soviets should have faster sandbags.
3 Oct 2013, 19:32 PM

Overall, conscript sandbags should have a sloped edge on the other side so that the enemy can't use it for cover.

I loathe CoH1 sandbags because the only way they were used was building 1 tiny section of them to pile everyone behind.

I like the CoH2 sandbags, but they're too slow, and too easily used against you in the heat of battle.

I know someone else recommended getting barbed wire on the other side. Only problem is that it means infantry couldn't mantle over it when used as a road block.

Likewise if you had to build that separately, it takes a lot of micro to get conscripts and engineers together, and it's altogether too slow. The amount of micro needed to place down those flimsy defenses wouldn't be worth it as it's just more opportunities for someone to exploit your lack of attention elsewhere.
3 Oct 2013, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 19:32 PMTurtle
Overall, conscript sandbags should have a sloped edge on the other side so that the enemy can't use it for cover.

I loathe CoH1 sandbags because the only way they were used was building 1 tiny section of them to pile everyone behind.

I like the CoH2 sandbags, but they're too slow, and too easily used against you in the heat of battle.

I know someone else recommended getting barbed wire on the other side. Only problem is that it means infantry couldn't mantle over it when used as a road block.

Likewise if you had to build that separately, it takes a lot of micro to get conscripts and engineers together, and it's altogether too slow. The amount of micro needed to place down those flimsy defenses wouldn't be worth it as it's just more opportunities for someone to exploit your lack of attention elsewhere.

Or you could do what I do and build a mine on the other side of it.
3 Oct 2013, 22:39 PM

Uses up a mine to force retreat an infantry squad. Useful, but I'd rather demo charge for a kill or just prevent it for free.

Mines I want to keep around for tanks first.

Also, there's rifle grenades. Conscripts behind sandbags are rifle grenade fodder, which can also detonate a mine.

I'd like to be able to use a sand bag defensively, and not just as a trap.
4 Oct 2013, 05:41 AM

Or you could do what I do and build a mine on the other side of it.

Yes, this is nice one, sandbags are like magnet for units.
4 Oct 2013, 05:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I like the lack of defensive structures in the game. I don't have an opinion on trenches yet, although I'm prejudiced against them. I actually would have preferred it if MG bunkers had been left out entirely.
4 Oct 2013, 06:22 AM

Idc - all I want is camoed tank ditches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★