Login

russian armor

why no demo charge for PIO in MP

3 Oct 2013, 00:05 AM

why there is no demo charge for PIO in MP, there is few building/bridges i could like to setup demo charges when i play soviet, but as german i can't do that,

i find hard to destroy a bridge as german as there is no real effective way to destroy a brige like the one in pripyat, it take forever if i use mortar, AT, Tanks, to take it down and it can stand 2-3 105mm barrage too, so it is not battle effective
3 Oct 2013, 00:07 AM

Might as well ask why combat engineers can't build bunkers...
3 Oct 2013, 00:24 AM

I like how one of the pioneers quotes is, "Do you need something built, or blown up?!". Only way they can blow something up is by picking up a shrek lol...they need demo charges. Maybe a package to be bought at HQ? Don't want em too powerful in opening game because PIOSPAM would live again and everyone would naturally bitch about it. That's what this community is good at after all...bitching.
3 Oct 2013, 00:36 AM

its probably 'BEEECAUSE THEY GET TELLER MIIIINES, DUUUHH'

nah, seriously relic, give ost pio's democharges
3 Oct 2013, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 00:24 AMKnoxxx
I like how one of the pioneers quotes is, "Do you need something built, or blown up?!". Only way they can blow something up is by picking up a shrek lol...they need demo charges. Maybe a package to be bought at HQ? Don't want em too powerful in opening game because PIOSPAM would live again and everyone would naturally bitch about it. That's what this community is good at after all...bitching.

Stop Bitching about the Community!
3 Oct 2013, 00:44 AM

Stop Bitching about the Community!

I just want to fit in...QQ
3 Oct 2013, 02:28 AM

Might as well ask why combat engineers can't build bunkers...

then give combat engineers sandbags to build and give pio demo charges, they are even
3 Oct 2013, 02:35 AM

3 Oct 2013, 03:33 AM

Yea germans are known for leaving scorched earth as they retreated in 1843-1945! You cant leave a scorched earth without blown up buildings and bridges!!
3 Oct 2013, 04:01 AM

i find hard to destroy a bridge as german as there is no real effective way to destroy a brige like the one in pripyat, it take forever if i use mortar, AT, Tanks, to take it down and it can stand 2-3 105mm barrage too, so it is not battle effective

you can destroy the bridge with flamer ht using ground attack on the bridge. It destroys it pretty fast.
3 Oct 2013, 05:42 AM

Yeah, make both sides alike so noone will be able to tell the difference.

Boring!
3 Oct 2013, 06:43 AM

Permanently Banned
Iirc, its AoE is smallish, and itd dmg actually inferior to, for example, Tellers.

Considering the high muni cost compared to mines, the essentially useless "i blow it when i want to, even though automatic detonation works just as well", it doesnt really have by function distinct or superior to mines except demolishion of unoccupied buildings.

AT mines on Ice and Bridges are MORE effective, in terms of AoE, dmg and cost, iirc.
3 Oct 2013, 11:05 AM

Iirc, its AoE is smallish, and itd dmg actually inferior to, for example, Tellers.

Considering the high muni cost compared to mines, the essentially useless "i blow it when i want to, even though automatic detonation works just as well", it doesnt really have by function distinct or superior to mines except demolishion of unoccupied buildings.

This isn't really true. The AOE and damage on the demolition charge is high enough that you generally guarantee a squad kill especially as you can wait for any stragglers to come over to it, while mines will usually not kill a full squad except in chokepoints that make units clump up. I feel the triple cost compared to mines is overall justified by the ability to choose when to detonate.

If anything they're relatively bad against buildings, squads inside buildings nearly always seem to stay alive with 1 model from the explosions.
3 Oct 2013, 13:08 PM

Permanently Banned
Pretty much inferior to mines in just about every practical application and at cost. Use vs buildings is for demolition, not for wiping garrison.

Ost isnt really missing out on anything on this one.
3 Oct 2013, 13:40 PM

pioneers should have the demo charge. and engineers should build some defensive structure. they dont even build sandbags. the only thing they are good for is mining.
3 Oct 2013, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2013, 04:01 AMAbdul

you can destroy the bridge with flamer ht using ground attack on the bridge. It destroys it pretty fast.

interesting never know that will give it a try next when i want to destroy a bridge
4 Oct 2013, 08:24 AM

'Fast' is a matter of opinion though...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 48
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %