Login

russian armor

Kubel needs changes

PAGES (10)down
1 Apr 2019, 15:04 PM

Why is Kubel the only vehicle in game made useless in after a short amount of time? There is no really no other vehicle that seems that way, it you compare to Universal Carrier for instance. It needs to serve more purpose. It is available but seems more or less derelict at times. Hardly many, especially the pros do not pick it.

• Buff its AI performance and remove cap (or not). I really do not care about capping, since in most maps, it is crammed, it is unlikely you can flank every time. Gets countered easily.

I know how to use it, it is frustrating. I use it but it is not viable in many situations. It is lackluster is you ask me. Even the pros agree on that fact, evidently because they never use it. Even if they do, how long and how useful is it actually?

Here is the pros and cons I see for Kubel

Pros

- It caps
    - Has an MG
    - Costs 210 manpower
    - Comes early
    - Bleeds some manpower

Cons

- Meant only for 5 min gameplay, early.
    - MG is worse than default Universal Carriers damage,
    - Not that great a support unit
    - Damage low
    - Armour low, makes health worse than it is
    - Waste of manpower most of the times
    - Hardly adaptable compared to Universal Carrier, if urban Uni Carrier can get flamethrower and etc, simply much better
    - It is not that fast, (if it is the lightest vehicle, it should be the faster but it is not)

Now Universal Carrier Pros and Cons

Pros
    - Does better default damage than Kubel
    - Comes early
    - Has better Armour, unlikely to be killed easily by small arms in comparison
    - Has 2 upgrades, two deadly options
    - MG upgrade, greater DPS, has surpression ability, great harasser
    - Can heal for 15 ammo
    - Can transport by default
    - Can last to mid game, maybe longer even
    - Serves better purpose overall
    - Great Support Unit
    - Adaptable even in Urban Areas
    - Great Manpower bleed

Cons
    - Costs 260, a little more but worth the investment if you ask anyone.
    - Can not cap
    - Vulnerable to AT

Kubel, make it similar in terms of Universal Carrier. Currently, is it is usually a bad investment that can already decide the early game, depending heavily on which maps your are on. It is hardly adaptable. Other light vehicles do not have to take as much consideration as the Kubel, because of how bad it is in many situations.

• Give it maybe approximately twice the firepower it currently has. It is bad enough as it is already being the most vulnerable light vehicle there is , therefore it would be fair enough for it to do some more damage.

Before it could damage Universal Carrier's Health nearly by half, now it does only 1/5 or 1/6. Hardly the way it was before, worse now. It is evident.

Veterancy is another issue. It might be a bug but I always never seem to get Kubel any higher than vet 2. It is slow its rate, and it seems to me that it is a vehicle never meant to hit higher veterancy than that.

I know it's purpose it to cap but how long would it be that viable is the question. Usually, it is only good enough within 5 min. It is not that good a support unit, it should do better. If it can cap, what other purpose can it do, support. It is not that good, it should do better.

Give buff and increase price to 240-250 (around there). Give also some upgrades if possible. Universal Carrier in comparison serves better overall, lasts for longer periods, serves better overall. Remove ability to Cap if needed to serve more for AI purposes which I believe it needs to do.

Got an idea for an upgrade, it is called "Obers" obersoldaten driving & manning the vehicle, MG damage would be from 4 to 6 damage. Costs around 30 ammo. Would be fair, at least that is what it needs.

Should get an ability called "Roadkill", rams 2 models, the kills are guaranteed, costs no munitions.

1 Apr 2019, 15:06 PM

1 Apr 2019, 15:34 PM

Absolutely not no.

It retains usefulness as a maphack from vet 1.

The only thing is needs is some trickle shared vet from infantry to let it actually get past vet 2.

And a 88mm on top. Maybe a dozer blade.
1 Apr 2019, 15:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The Kubel should at least get shared veterancy and it needs a rotation boost since the vehicle is notorious for getting stuck and being unable to make those harder turns. I believe it's at 32 which is not that great.

After that, maybe give it some sort of ability to make it an ideal unit to rebuild such as camouflauge so it can act as a forward spotter, siphoning or something utility-based that's not just its veterancy 1 map hack.
1 Apr 2019, 16:22 PM

The Kubel should at least get shared veterancy and it needs a rotation boost since the vehicle is notorious for getting stuck and being unable to make those harder turns. I believe it's at 32 which is not that great.

A small buff to its speed (from 7.0 to 7.3-7.5) wouldn't hurt either as it is kinda odd that such a small vehicle can get chased down by a heavy M3 scout car (which has 7.3) with ease.
1 Apr 2019, 17:02 PM

One of the issues with wheeled vehicles is that their bonus and penalties for off road and on road are simply to big.

That makes their performance inconsistent at late part of the game.

Specifically for kubel the unit die to easily. The HP and armor values of car should be brought in line.
1 Apr 2019, 17:45 PM

Buff its AI performance and remove cap (or not). I really do not care about capping, since in most maps, it is crammed, it is unlikely you can flank every time. Gets countered easily.

This might have something to do with why you think the unit sucks...

The reason its not good in combat is its ability to cap. You can't buff its combat unless you increase its cost or remove the capping. But OKWs opening is the last thing in the world we should be worrying about

The carrier is much better, after a hefty munitions upgrade.

1 Apr 2019, 18:07 PM

What if you add a "suppression fire" like Rear echelon?
Muni cost of 30 or so. It would be used a couple of times to assist volks or to cap/deny cap
1 Apr 2019, 18:16 PM

What if you add a "suppression fire" like Rear echelon?
Muni cost of 30 or so. It would be used a couple of times to assist volks or to cap/deny cap

No, it would not. :D

I certainly like the idea of shared vet BTW
1 Apr 2019, 18:19 PM

The reason its not good in combat is its ability to cap. You can't buff its combat unless you increase its cost or remove the capping.

Tell that to the WC51?
1 Apr 2019, 18:24 PM

Absolutely not no.

It retains usefulness as a maphack from vet 1.

The only thing is needs is some trickle shared vet from infantry to let it actually get past vet 2.

And a 88mm on top. Maybe a dozer blade.

You're right, kubel is by far the best light vehicle at all stages of the game.
1 Apr 2019, 18:29 PM

This might have something to do with why you think the unit sucks...

The reason its not good in combat is its ability to cap. You can't buff its combat unless you increase its cost or remove the capping. But OKWs opening is the last thing in the world we should be worrying about

The carrier is much better, after a hefty munitions upgrade.

That is what I would like, definitely as you have exactly stated. It would do everyone a favour.

Yes, remove cap if buffed in AI performance, it really needs it.

Capping does not seem viable with Kubel after 5min, because it becomes even useless, due to lack of firepower, high vulnerability. It becomes wasted investment in some ways, it cant push at all later on as much as Universal Carrier in comparison.

- Remove Cap (priority)
- Buff DPS, AI performance (priority)
- Increase price (priority)
- Increase speed and rotation (not really that important but would be nice, less importance)
- DPS upgrades (essential addition)
- Remove Detection for something else, like supressive ability costing munitions ( make it similar to Universal Carrier)

I know there are other issues in game, but this should too be resolved.

1 Apr 2019, 18:32 PM

Tell that to the WC51?

Is this wc-51 that comes unarmed and needs 45mu to get a gun? Are we talking about the same one? The wc51 that unlike any other LV in the game now that doesn't have a weapon unless you buy it? Is that the WC-51 you are talking about? Just want to make sure we're clear that you are INDEED talking about the WC-51 that can cap, but spawns without a gun of any sort.
1 Apr 2019, 18:34 PM

Is this wc-51 that comes unarmed and needs 45mu to get a gun? Are we talking about the same one? The wc51 that unlike any other LV in the game now that doesn't have a weapon unless you buy it? Is that the WC-51 you are talking about? Just want to make sure we're clear that you are INDEED talking about the WC-51 that can cap, but spawns without a gun of any sort.

The kubel isnt armed with a gun either, unless you are referring to its water gun.

I jest, but i have no doubt that OKW players would not object for a MP reduction and an upgrade to be actually useful in combat.
1 Apr 2019, 18:34 PM

That is what I would like, definitely as you have exactly stated. It would do everyone a favour.

Yes, remove cap if buffed in AI performance, it really needs it.

Capping does not seem viable with Kubel after 5min, because it becomes even useless, due to lack of firepower, high vulnerability. It becomes wasted investment in some ways, it cant push at all later on as much as Universal Carrier in comparison.

- Remove Cap (priority)
- Buff DPS, AI performance (priority)
- Increase price (priority)
- Increase speed and rotation (not really that important but would be nice, less importance)
- DPS upgrades (essential addition)
- Remove Detection for something else, like supressive ability costing munitions ( make it similar to Universal Carrier)

I know there are other issues in game, but this should too be resolved.

So change its role entirely because you don't like it?
OKW is all about the aggressive start. The Kuble allows them to grab alot of ground very fast and not sacrifice early game firepower as the Kuble is effective enough against Lome units that it will face in the start of the match. Literally all it needs is shared vet so it can remain useful as a utility vehicle once it's too fragile to carry on in the front.
1 Apr 2019, 18:39 PM

OKW is all about the aggressive start. The Kuble allows them to grab alot of ground very fast and not sacrifice early game firepower

It absolutely sacrifices firepower. Apart from its poor damage (which I can concede is a difference of opinion) any damage it takes is not only sacrificing its firepower, but the surmpioneer's too. Every second it spends repairing it (which was double hit during the patch that nerfed their repair speed as well as increasing kubel HP and lowering Armour), is a second its not using its early superiority to push.

As you said, OKW is about an aggressive start, cant do that if your surmpioneer is buzy repairing.

On a tangent, the only late game role it has is building it and throwing it away to decap a VP or cutoff.

Yes, change its role seems necessary.

How many pros or anyone in general use the Kubel. It is certainly not a highlight if you have to compare to a Universal Carrier. It offers more of an aggressive start and even later on. It does cap but certainly bleeds manpower in the beginning, giving you a better aggressive play.

Kubel caps, there is really no other pros but more cons if you compare.

Take away Cap
Increase Price
Buff AI/DPS

I would be for buffing the unit if riflesmen started with at grenades. The kubel was nerfed because you could not lose to usf in the first couple of minutes. They were balanced vs soviets or brits.
1 Apr 2019, 18:40 PM

It absolutely sacrifices firepower. Apart from its poor damage (which I can concede is a difference of opinion) any damage it takes is not only sacrificing its firepower, but the surmpioneer's too. Every second it spends repairing it, is a second its not using its early superiority to push.

As you said, OKW is about an aggressive start, cant do that if your surmpioneer is buzy repairing.

Very true indeed.
1 Apr 2019, 18:42 PM

I would be for buffing the unit if riflesmen started with at grenades. The kubel was nerfed because you could not lose to usf in the first couple of minutes. They were balanced vs soviets or brits.

It would be fair for Riflemen to get the AT vet 0 instead of vet 1. I guess we will have to see if amends are made!!!
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 13
France 1
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L