Login

russian armor

Why can mines not be laid in chains?

2 Oct 2013, 13:01 PM

Edit: I just realised the topic title may have an unintentional ring to it. Should have been: Why can you not lay multiple mines?

In COH1 it was possible to lay a streak of mines in one go. I don't think it gave any kind of unfair advantage since it was possible for both sides.

Does anyone know why this is not made possible in COH2? Was it perhaps in beta, but then removed?
2 Oct 2013, 13:06 PM

Well, it was rather useless. Sometimes one mine would trigger another one that wasn't even close enough to do damage. Or the enemy suspected that there'd be another mine there...
You can build multiple mines by holding shift and placing them one at a time. Manually placing single ones are normally much more effective in battle anyways because they are where they matter, not where it was convenient to build a whole line of them.
2 Oct 2013, 13:15 PM

Because of the domino effect. I suggest you click and hold the shiftkey when you're laying mines to put spaces between each mine.
2 Oct 2013, 15:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

It was never in the closed or open beta. If you really want to lay down several next to each other, use shift-clicking like Tivook suggested.
2 Oct 2013, 22:35 PM

SHift clicking is slower, though.

And I have to correct the lot of you: the domino effect was fixed in COH1. They increased the spacing a bit so they wouldn't trigger eachother.

It was very usefull and I miss it in COH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★