Login

russian armor

[1v1] Wehr v Brit Early Game Analysis Request

28 Mar 2019, 17:16 PM

Hey, first of all thanks for taking the time to review my replay. I am the Wehrmacht player. I appreciate any insight on how I can protect and hold a fuel point for the first 8 minutes of the game. That was my core issue, holding any portion of the map. But what follows are more minor questions:

1) The British player I went up against laid down plenty of green cover as he went around the map. Usually these sandbags had some obstacle in front of them like jerry cans and the like. I was unable to use most of the cover. What should I have done to push him out and use it for myself?

2) At what range is it optimal for grenadiers to fight tommies who are sitting in green cover or yellow cover? Do I want to be sitting in front of him blasting away or is it mid range? I found it difficult to fight tommies in green cover.

3) I realize I made plenty of small mistakes that add up to my eventual final loss. Can you tell me the ones that stood out and that I should correct ASAP?

By the 11 minute mark I felt as if 3imWeckla (Brits) had essentially won the game even if I killed his AEC. He consistently had map control. So feel free to stop watching at that point if you want. If you do continue analyzing, much thanks!

My Build Order(Up to 11 minutes): MG->Gren->Gren->Gren->Tech->222->PAK->Jaegar Command
28 Mar 2019, 19:12 PM

Can't really review the replay but I can answer the first two questions:

1) Try to wire off cover or just destroy it with AT guns or other explosive weapons (just use attack move order and target the sandbags).

2) Grenadiers have higher DPS than Tommies starting at range 11 and down (which is close range). Your best bet is to ambush them at close range or outnumber them at long range. And remember, grenadiers on their own are worthless, you need to support them with your MG42 or at least pioneers with flamers.
29 Mar 2019, 04:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 19:12 PMFarlon
Can't really review the replay but I can answer the first two questions:

1) Try to wire off cover or just destroy it with AT guns or other explosive weapons (just use attack move order and target the sandbags).

2) Grenadiers have higher DPS than Tommies starting at range 11 and down (which is close range). Your best bet is to ambush them at close range or outnumber them at long range. And remember, grenadiers on their own are worthless, you need to support them with your MG42 or at least pioneers with flamers.

That's actually a good idea on dealing with their cover, blowing it up with AT. I will try that next time. Regarding the gren v tommy battles, do you know where I find these stats? I am curious about it. Is there a website somewhere?
29 Mar 2019, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 04:16 AMThien

That's actually a good idea on dealing with their cover, blowing it up with AT. I will try that next time. Regarding the gren v tommy battles, do you know where I find these stats? I am curious about it. Is there a website somewhere?

I use this one https://coh2db.com/stats/ although it's slightly outdated.
29 Mar 2019, 16:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Generally speaking, Grens don't win Gren v Tommy battles. The DPS curve flips from SMLE superiority to Kar 98k superiority at the 12m distance (from 12m to 35m the SMLE is superior), and even then Tommies have lower target size (0.8 vs .91).

WM is extremely reliant on combined arms. All that I know of is to get an MG42 to stop rushes and GW34s to force the Tommies to reposition.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 400

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment