Login

russian armor

17 Pounder vs Jagdtiger

28 Mar 2019, 21:22 PM

"Fuel costing" at gun. LOL. Compare that with the fuel cost of a Jagdtiger. Meanwhile u say if a 240/60 gren is EVEN REMOTELY similar in performance to 280/120 rifles, it's unacceptable. LOL

You really want to go this way...?

Compare fucking PaK fuel cost to Sherman or Cromwell then, hell compare it to jackson or firefly.

Can you guess who is going to win frontal engagement vast majority of times?

Hint: its not going to be vehicles.
28 Mar 2019, 21:33 PM

Sticking a little more range on the 17 pounder and Pak 43 wouldn't hurt. It's not like they're meta units.

Then again, I'd make them clones of each other.
28 Mar 2019, 21:58 PM

+1 OP

It sounds like a good idea as it would actually be a bug fix. The JT and 17 pounder are suppose to have the same range so they can trade shots.

Its pretty dumb that if the JT is played in this way it can hard counter the 17 pounder. Indirect fire and infantry assaults should be the only proper hard counters to the 17 pounder.
28 Mar 2019, 22:38 PM

ISU152 is multipurpose assault gun whereas jagtiger is self-propelled artillery / anti-tank gun.

Please do not compare the incomparable next time :)

Still gonna compare them tho.

Sorry :)
31 Mar 2019, 09:26 AM

Firstly, a well placed stuka can outright kill a 17 pdr from max health but besides that.

I dont believe you, exactly how is the Stuka supposed to land 5/6 rockets in the area the the emplacement takes up?
31 Mar 2019, 13:10 PM

I dont believe you, exactly how is the Stuka supposed to land 5/6 rockets in the area the the emplacement takes up?

Shrug, try it in cheat mod a few times dude and let me know. unbraced you only need to land 4 or so (the rockets have AoE remember) and the 17 pdr is freakin gigantic. If it doesn't kill it outright it only needs 1 shot or something. Regardless, a LeiG is good enough to force it to brace as it basically physically can't miss it with it's scatter, it won't beat sim city but it'll counter a 17 pdr, then once it unbraces stuka it or rush it for a flame nade.

The panzerwerfer does bugger all however.
31 Mar 2019, 14:11 PM

Balance aside, this is an exploit/bug by the Jagdtiger interacting with the 17 pdr (usually using attack ground) which therefore needs to be fixed.

This isn't an intended feature guys.

10/10 shitposting
31 Mar 2019, 14:19 PM

10/10 shitposting

Dude, they have the same range at 80 range each but they don't act like it due to the shape of the models. They are clearly supposed to have the same range and that is the issue I am trying to highlight.

The balance team haven't given the 17 pdr 80 range because they knew that meant it would have 1 less range than the Jagdtiger which also has 80 range.

What about that could possibly be construed as "Shitposting"?
31 Mar 2019, 14:45 PM

Nvm, apparently it does have 80 range.
I remember it being 70 and there is no patch notes about range increase to 80 :sibPheasant:
31 Mar 2019, 15:08 PM

It should be increased to 90. Maybe even 100.
31 Mar 2019, 23:38 PM

Shrug, try it in cheat mod a few times dude and let me know. unbraced you only need to land 4 or so (the rockets have AoE remember) and the 17 pdr is freakin gigantic.

Why dont you try it in cheatmod before you try claim otherwise?

Do you need a picture?
1 Apr 2019, 00:55 AM

Shrug, try it in cheat mod a few times dude and let me know. unbraced you only need to land 4 or so (the rockets have AoE remember) and the 17 pdr is freakin gigantic. If it doesn't kill it outright it only needs 1 shot or something. Regardless, a LeiG is good enough to force it to brace as it basically physically can't miss it with it's scatter, it won't beat sim city but it'll counter a 17 pdr, then once it unbraces stuka it or rush it for a flame nade.

The panzerwerfer does bugger all however.

LeiG and stukas are MEANT to counter simcity...
1 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM

Why dont you try it in cheatmod before you try claim otherwise?

Do you need a picture?

Ok, sure. Here it is. I could replicate this damage or similar around half the time, maybe just under, landing 4 out of 6 rockets.. Perhaps "Outright destroy" was marginally incorrect, although it is possible, but that wasn't my point anyway. My point is the Stuka zu Fuss is a direct and HARD counter to a 17 pdr emplacement because someone said otherwise.

LeiG and stukas are MEANT to counter simcity...

I know, that's my point. THEY are meant to counter it and they do.

Unless you're trying to say one LeiG or stuka should be a hard counter to 2 mortar pits, 2 bofors and a 17 pdr by itself then no that's not correct. The differing investment is not even close to proportional. But LeiGs, stukas and LefHs will break a sim city easy, as they should.

I said that OKW have plenty of counters to it in their roster so the Jagdtiger shouldn't and isn't meant to, even stock, there's even more in doctrines. I don't understand what you're trying to say? You're not saying anything to the contrary. We're agreeing as far as I can see.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★