Login

russian armor

IS 2 is kidding me

26 Mar 2019, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned
IS2 callin is most likely the end for german infantry. One shot whipes out 2-3 guys. The thing is: the germans got 4 men in 1 Squad. First shot: Pgrens retreat. And if you want to carry on... second shot destroys your squad and the enemy shock troops takes your panzershreck which they'll never drop because of their armor and six men.

The armor of the IS2 allows the player to stay alive during a lot of shots from the german medium-tanks and even from the Panther. And this does not even include the ridiculous amount of bouncing shots from the german HUNTING-tanks.

The high amount of resources justify its strenght in armor fight and i am all right with this. I mean it costs a lot more than a Panther, so it is okay.

What does annoy me is the one-shoting of the infantry. There is enough soviet infantry dominance. For example the superburst of the "Flamethrowertank" or the expensive but potent shock troops. But in combination with ISU152 or the more "in-the-middle-of-everything"-tank IS2 the german infantry and also the Pak40 (you have to kill just 3 guys there) your infantry suffers as many losses as you cannot replace. I do not ask for a remove. I just think relic should overthink the high amount of infantry-killer-units the soviets have from their commanders. (One soviet commander got shocks, Flametank and IS2 in combination with fire-artillery and the invisibility of their fieldguns for the AT-part of the commander)

Just optimize the unitstrenghts so we can see a bit less praying for your squads to not get whiped out after 2 shots.

Thanks
26 Mar 2019, 18:14 PM

Has the IS2 been changed in the latest patch? Because before it usually shot like the crew was drunk.
26 Mar 2019, 18:15 PM

Most of the heavy tanks work like this. If they hit, they tend to wipe things.

Playing against a heavy, that's super frustrating: heavy appears out of the FoW and boom your full health squad gets one-shot.

Playing with the heavy is just as frustrating, because those heavy guns are super inaccurate. Most of the time they're going to hit nothing. Whether your heavy is useless or annihilates your opponent in a few minutes is entirely at the whims of the dice.

The solution used for the Brummbar is the best option for heavies: make them deal fairly even damage across their whole AoE. That way, a heavy will consistently take squads down to low health, but it won't randomly wipe full health squads.
26 Mar 2019, 18:39 PM

26 Mar 2019, 18:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Is2 is the weapon of choice for anyone playing Russian roulette......
26 Mar 2019, 18:44 PM

Not sure stats back it up, but seems like jagdtiger does the same thing to infantry. Can't discount the fact if the IS2 is firing at your infy in green/vs red cover. If they are in anytime my guys get caught in red I just assume they are in for a world of hurt.
26 Mar 2019, 19:08 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 18:15 PMLago
Most of the heavy tanks work like this. If they hit, they tend to wipe things.

Playing against a heavy, that's super frustrating: heavy appears out of the FoW and boom your full health squad gets one-shot.

Playing with the heavy is just as frustrating, because those heavy guns are super inaccurate. Most of the time they're going to hit nothing. Whether your heavy is useless or annihilates your opponent in a few minutes is entirely at the whims of the dice.

The solution used for the Brummbar is the best option for heavies: make them deal fairly even damage across their whole AoE. That way, a heavy will consistently take squads down to low health, but it won't randomly wipe full health squads.

Except Ost Heavy. Tiger usually misses infantry but if it hits it kills at most 2 models which 5-6 man allied squads don't care about. It's time to buff the Tiger AI and no it's machine gun is not enough. Machine guns don't have high alpha damage which you want in your heavies. Besides IS2 also get a machine gun.
26 Mar 2019, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 19:08 PMspajn

Except Ost Heavy. Tiger usually misses infantry but if it hits it kills at most 2 models which 5-6 man allied squads don't care about. It's time to buff the Tiger AI and no it's machine gun is not enough. Machine guns don't have high alpha damage which you want in your heavies. Besides IS2 also get a machine gun.

I strongly beg to differ with regards to the Tiger. It regularly takes Penals and Guard squads down to a couple of men with 1 shot
26 Mar 2019, 19:24 PM

one solution to this could be removing received accuracy Wehrmacht infantry have and replace it by equivalent damage reduction. This will ensure that when the tank hits, it does not autowipe every model.
26 Mar 2019, 19:28 PM

Permanently Banned
IS2:

50% of shots whiff
10% kill 1-2 models
40% kill around 3+ models

Tiger 50% whiff
40% kill 1-2 models
10% kill 3+
26 Mar 2019, 19:35 PM

IS-2 is a roll the dice Las Vegas type of tank.
26 Mar 2019, 19:50 PM

Try playing with IS 2 and your impression will be different. IS2 is nearly a worthless tank. It is useless for most part against armor. Against infantry it misses 60 % of the time. Sure, unlike other tanks, it is more likely to survive, so perhaps that is what you are noticing. I think IS2 needs a buff if anything. One panther can easily kill it.
26 Mar 2019, 20:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Try playing with IS 2 and your impression will be different. IS2 is nearly a worthless tank. It is useless for most part against armor. Against infantry it misses 60 % of the time. Sure, unlike other tanks, it is more likely to survive, so perhaps that is what you are noticing. I think IS2 needs a buff if anything. One panther can easily kill it.

i don't care what they do to buff it just get rid of the stupid crinstagibbin nonsense please lelic
26 Mar 2019, 20:15 PM

IS-2 expensive uselessness. He demanded a buff for a very long time. But there is another problem with the IS-2 - it is only in two commanders, and in my opinion only one of them is useful - the IS-2 with the shock troops. At the same time, the Tiger is in huge numbers of commanders and he is not bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★