Login

russian armor

mayby why axis is popular

28 Mar 2019, 17:39 PM

Axis skins are awesome - change my mind!
28 Mar 2019, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 17:10 PMSyraw
In my opinion axis is favoured by players because because they lost the war. kind of trying to see history from the loser's side.

This fits more as an answer to why people want german campaigns. Personally, I prefer axis because they look aesthetically more pleasing to me than Soviets or brits do. British voice acting is the only reason I play brits though.
29 Mar 2019, 01:01 AM

Axis: *puts MG on one side of the map* Well, Guess thats covered for the next 5 minutes.
Laughable.

UKF: *builds bofors on cutoff/ fuel point. "Ez 20 min map control, GGWP"
(A lot of micro involved too)
29 Mar 2019, 01:10 AM

people play axis for the same reason most play ADC in moba is all about big guns and late game potential i was like that too, then u start to like synergy and snowball of the other factions
29 Mar 2019, 02:29 AM

Cool uniform and big tanks.
Also playing as the bad guys, no irony there as they got the same appeal as the Empire in Star Wars, they are the ones that sell the most toys.
29 Mar 2019, 06:19 AM

Cool uniform and big tanks.
Also playing as the bad guys, no irony there as they got the same appeal as the Empire in Star Wars, they are the ones that sell the most toys.

The empire in star wars, was on prupose inspired in the propaganda version of the axis Na*i regime. No coincidence there.
Russians had bigger tanks with heavier calliber than germany in ww2 only the sturmtiger can be the only exception
29 Mar 2019, 06:45 AM

German call their troops grenadiers and fusiliers.
29 Mar 2019, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2019, 17:01 PMFarlon

Come on, it doesn't take 5 whole minutes to walk to that MG and kill it.

It does when you're awful.

Also, people only play Axis obviously 'cause they're 500x easier. Zero micro, just build 5-6 MGs and a-move your way to victory.
29 Mar 2019, 08:48 AM

It's just because memes, ffs
Allie fanboys are just jealous because they are not that cool
29 Mar 2019, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 07:31 AMKoRneY

It does when you're awful.

Also, people only play Axis obviously 'cause they're 500x easier. Zero micro, just build 5-6 MGs and a-move your way to victory.

That's how you lose as Axis, a-moving MG spam might work as USF because of almost instant setup.
29 Mar 2019, 12:21 PM

I think its a combi between ease of play and the cooler looking or more iconic weapons and tanks.

Tigers and panthers are just cooler then a sherman t34 cromwell or firefly. And more easy to use in their roles. Mg42 sounds a lot cooler and is more effective then most allied mg,s.
ddd
29 Mar 2019, 14:07 PM

I think its a combi between ease of play and the cooler looking or more iconic weapons and tanks.

Tigers and panthers are just cooler then a sherman t34 cromwell or firefly. And more easy to use in their roles. Mg42 sounds a lot cooler and is more effective then most allied mg,s.

You are right, devs really tried to depict axis factions (mostly okw) as the "cool kids"

Easy8, pershing, jumbo could be just as cool if they were (properly) implemented.

USAAF air supremacy could be just as cool if it was depicted in this game. Instead OKW, which shouldnt have any meaningful plane-based abilities, has better air support than usf (this is the biggest joke of this game).

USF war machine could be just as cool, giving you global upgrades and improvements to tanks and infantry, but its actualy axis factions that get easier access to weapon upgrades and even get upgrades to their tanks (side skirts, tank commanders, heat rounds).

Somehow first coh did it all better, in coh2 they tried to make usf faction as shit as possible, stripping them from any recognizable trait they had in real life. No artillery adventage, no air supremacy, no allied war machine, no meaningful special armor outside pershing, just rifle spam and some light vehicles.
29 Mar 2019, 14:10 PM

Wanting to be "the bad guys", krupp steel myths and legends and megalomania driven tanks.

If its any other reason then that, then they simply like the gameplay.
31 Mar 2019, 15:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Late to the party. Whoever it is easier (not necessarily better) to play, will remain the most popular faction.

Talking mainly teamgames and from what we experienced when they released WFA and later UKF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★