Login

russian armor

DoW3 Tools Error - Anyone seen this before with COH2?

25 Mar 2019, 15:26 PM

Hi guys,

I've been getting the error in the picture when I save my mod attributes in the Attribute Editor, probably 8/10 times. It causes the root to unload requiring me to close and reopen the tools from the mod builder.

https://imgur.com/a/K20j2y7

I'm curious is anyone has ever encountered this sort of problem with the CoH2 tools and might know the cause and a solution. I'm not entirely sure when this error started occurring but it has started to cause problems where some abilities or weapons will randomly get removed from units I've previously modified and haven't touched in forever.

Here's what my mod burn cache looks like:
https://imgur.com/7rGTmnp

There's nothing too fancy. There's a few edited abilities and weapons for some content that was never added to the attribute editor root

I've done the basics like verifying the files, double checking file paths and there are no obvious errors in the Attribute Editor or Mod Builder indicating an issue. Other than when things randomly disappear the mod works just fine, but it is a bit of an annoyance and frustration I'd like to solve.

Any help would be appreciated.
27 Mar 2019, 17:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, the only time i've gotten this error is when I changed a file with notepad++ while the editor was on to try and add a unused flag back in. Do you have any other programs running, or modifying the files while the editor is on?
31 Mar 2019, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 17:27 PMLugie
Well, the only time i've gotten this error is when I changed a file with notepad++ while the editor was on to try and add a unused flag back in. Do you have any other programs running, or modifying the files while the editor is on?

Now that you mention it could be Onedrive, since it is supposed to sync my mod folder between devices. I'll test it out when I get a chance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★