Login

russian armor

Non-RNG Sniper Survivability

24 Mar 2019, 17:51 PM

that would make infiltration troops even more powerful and completely remove snipers from the game.

I would be fine with doctrinal infiltration units beeing somewhere between a hard and softcounter to snipers
24 Mar 2019, 19:23 PM

Maybe the problem is the buffs they recieve while retreating. Speaking out of my ass, but i think -75% RA is applied.

Maybe remove these buffs while retreating.

Sounds interesting, its always dangerous to retreat and you never (I MEAN NEVER) retreat if you are surrounded, i never liked the "retreat buff" mechanic anyways...

Makes a lot of sense to me. Flanking will be twice as productive.

I would only suggest that squads running to have extra speed maybe? like +25% or so.
24 Mar 2019, 21:49 PM

I would be fine with doctrinal infiltration units beeing somewhere between a hard and softcounter to snipers

I'm not OK with a micro heavy high risk high reward unit being countered by a single click. If infiltration units actually had to..... Infiltrate sure but materializing behind enemy lines for wipes is absolutely bull shit. Doing so on a 360mp unit more so.
25 Mar 2019, 20:23 PM

Problem with that is that the US dont have any doctrinal infiltration units, AND they dont have a sniper.

In coh3 I would like snipers to be all but gone, or available to everyone. Maybe attach them to certain squads kinda like Jaegers and Pathfinders, but as others have said Counter-sniping is the only reliable counter, and only 3/5 factions can do that.
25 Mar 2019, 20:30 PM

Problem with that is that the US dont have any doctrinal infiltration units, AND they dont have a sniper.

In coh3 I would like snipers to be all but gone, or available to everyone. Maybe attach them to certain squads kinda like Jaegers and Pathfinders, but as others have said Counter-sniping is the only reliable counter, and only 3/5 factions can do that.

they have alot of strong flanking units, no retreat bonus means flanks are highly likely to be successfull. Not to forget WC51, M20 prob even stuart would be able to chase down the sniper.

its just an idea with alot of drawbacks, but snipers should be high risk imo.
25 Mar 2019, 23:42 PM

There is a difference between high risk a unusable. Remember when infiltration units spawned with grenades off cooldown and that was bad because instantly producing a unit behind enemy lines capable of whiping units is bad, even when it's "just" a 250ish weapon team? Now apply that to a 360mp unit.
26 Mar 2019, 02:02 AM

Problem with that is that the US dont have any doctrinal infiltration units, AND they dont have a sniper...

Wait, what the F are paras for then? Do you always call them into your base?
Also sniper for USF? No thanks so much people wanting USF and have all the tools ingame to be the noobfaction easywin is not even funny anymore
26 Mar 2019, 02:03 AM

There is a difference between high risk a unusable. Remember when infiltration units spawned with grenades off cooldown and that was bad because instantly producing a unit behind enemy lines capable of whiping units is bad, even when it's "just" a 250ish weapon team? Now apply that to a 360mp unit.

Exactly, instaspawning troops are really bad design, i want them to be removed anytime soon from the game (reworked the infiltration mechanic i mean)
26 Mar 2019, 02:22 AM

Exactly, instaspawning troops are really bad design, i want them to be removed anytime soon from the game (reworked the infiltration mechanic i mean)

Ya know, even if they had to walk in from the side of the map closest to where they click. Would make them useful for maps without buildings too. It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than now I think...
26 Mar 2019, 04:00 AM

Maybe nerfing the retreat RA against will help. Its so obnoxious when a 222 and other light vehicles miss every shot.

Also sniper for USF? No thanks so much people wanting USF and have all the tools ingame to be the noobfaction easywin is not even funny anymore

They aren't really infiltration, infiltration is more of the spawning from buildings.

Yeah fuck giving USF a sniper literally no reason to add it when the m20 does a really good job of destroying snipers already

Ya know, even if they had to walk in from the side of the map closest to where they click. Would make them useful for maps without buildings too. It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than now I think...

This would probably be much better/easier to balance although it might make them really strong at the side of the map and weak in the middle similar to stafes.

26 Mar 2019, 06:27 AM

This would probably be much better/easier to balance although it might make them really strong at the side of the map and weak in the middle similar to stafes.

Tbh I think that would be ok. The fringes of the map I would consider proper infiltration. The counter balance would be that they really could come from anywhere so knowing what's going on behind your line would be very important. The more I think about it the more interesting it seems. Adds new dynamics outside of Bing cheesy.
26 Mar 2019, 10:50 AM

I think devs have made wrong decision when they reworked sov Sniper Team to 1 model. They had to do the opposite - make all other snipers 2 model with approximately same total EHP as current one model.

This way if you will flank sniper - you will inflict bleed upon his owner by dropping one of the models and it wouldn't be too frustrating for sniper user as he kept his squad alive and veterancy is not lost. Same for countersniping.

It is a win-win for both sides. It is also consistent with all AoE changes that we had through last couple of years - they've reduced one-shot potential (and removed precision strike abilities) and increased mid and far AoE damage a bit.
26 Mar 2019, 14:46 PM

I'm not saying US needs infil troops, just that they don't have them. Parachuting from a plane is not the same as instantly spawning in a building

No, I don't want a sniper for US. Stop quoting me when I'm responding to someone else and ignoring all the context.

I don't wanna any major changes to sniping until coh3, when the factions are completely different.
26 Mar 2019, 14:53 PM

When was last time you've seen not base/friendly territory paras drop in 1v1 or 2v2?

Also, infiltration units are shock units, paras are not, because 1) It takes an eon for them to drop 2) Its not exactly stealthy or sudden, so no, not infiltration troops.
26 Mar 2019, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2019, 14:53 PMKatitof

When was last time you've seen not base/friendly territory paras drop in 1v1 or 2v2?

Also, infiltration units are shock units, paras are not, because 1) It takes an eon for them to drop 2) Its not exactly stealthy or sudden, so no, not infiltration troops.

Katitof you need excitement in your life, take a little risk, play aggressive. Use Paras In front of that HMG42 while smoking it, run around it find the sniper gut it alive, drop a grenade on the mg nest, feel like rambo, run away just to taunt the OST player and then realize you are not going to win using such strats
26 Mar 2019, 21:06 PM

Katitof you need excitement in your life, take a little risk, play aggressive. Use Paras In front of that HMG42 while smoking it, run around it find the sniper gut it alive, drop a grenade on the mg nest, feel like rambo, run away just to taunt the OST player and then realize you are not going to win using such strats

Actually, new soviet paras are exactly made for combat drops as they drop in smoke.

Still, before all paras will land, sniper will be humping med bunker in base, paras aren't exactly as fast to deploy as infiltration units as was said already.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
United Kingdom 5
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak