Login

russian armor

This game's matchmaking is broken!

21 Mar 2019, 18:26 PM

Why the fuck do I get placed against rank 600 players if Im 1100 rank?

Just fucking unfair, I CAN'T PROGRESS!
21 Mar 2019, 18:28 PM

It depends on the time you are searching for games. If there are no available enemies in your ranking area, the game will slowly increase the search radius.
21 Mar 2019, 18:33 PM

Ok how many of these threads have you created already? :P

It depends on the time you are searching for games. If there are no available enemies in your ranking area, the game will slowly increase the search radius.

+1
21 Mar 2019, 18:56 PM

I'm fucking done with this game, I got placed against a rank 500 soviet. I AM RANK 1100 for fucks sake!!!!
21 Mar 2019, 18:58 PM

Ok how many of these threads have you created already? :P

+1

Until I get a fucking explanation from this forum.
21 Mar 2019, 19:01 PM

It Is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to progress as a rank 1100, I get placed vs rank 500 or 600 in every game.

I want to reach those ranks too but not by being crushed every game in a match that I have NO FUCKING CHANCE to win.
If this is the case then I fucking quit the game.
21 Mar 2019, 19:01 PM

Until I get a fucking explanation from this forum.

Did you skip over the first person to respond to you?

This game is almost 6 years old, you're not gonna be able to get perfect matches all the time
21 Mar 2019, 22:09 PM
Donator 11

It Is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to progress as a rank 1100, I get placed vs rank 500 or 600 in every game.

I want to reach those ranks too but not by being crushed every game in a match that I have NO FUCKING CHANCE to win.
If this is the case then I fucking quit the game.

rank 500 players are not good, you should easily be able to improve enough to beat them within a few weeks.
28 Mar 2019, 20:43 PM

also the fact that we are talking about game with probably 5000-7000 playerbase, even smaller depending on region you live in, its unlikely game can find you every time person with simular rank. Its sad truth
28 Mar 2019, 21:19 PM

also the fact that we are talking about game with probably 5000-7000 playerbase, even smaller depending on region you live in, its unlikely game can find you every time person with simular rank. Its sad truth

Stop confusing concurrency with active playerbase.

Concurrency is just a fraction of active player base, usually ~10-15% at peak.
28 Mar 2019, 22:06 PM
Donator 11

If you are ranked 1100 then you are pretty much in the middle of a 1v1 ladder. Lesser ranked players in most cases play less often than higher ranked ones, so matchmaker has to deal with many players trying to play that are higher ranked than you, and only some that are lower ranked. It is quite a possibility that you were the lowest ranked person searching at the time.

Looking from different point of view, you can't really progress in ranks without improving your play.
2 Apr 2019, 19:45 PM

Yea match making makes allot of new player quit the game and never install it again. Sadly, the game this old is tough for match making, especially when allot of players that keep this game alive have been playing this for 4+ years.
11 Apr 2019, 18:14 PM

I'm not good at this game and I've only played 150 hours. I'm consistently matched up with people far far higher rank than me with sometimes up to 1000 hours played. And I get lose streaks of 13 to 15 matches at times. Even when I follow strategies, build orders, have decent micro etc. I'm in the rank 4000's and I don't see myself ever leaving it. Every time I win a few games I am put up against a team impossible to beat, and I mean impossible. Using mines, hard counters,supporting flanks, making pushes and still getting outplayed because one or more teammate keeps feeding the enemy vet status.

The matchmaking in this game is absolutely the worst I've seen in any game in my entire life period.
11 Apr 2019, 18:27 PM

It's not great. Biggest flaw is random teams vs arranged teams when they're qualifying. I'm average at best, fluctuating from lvls 14-17, but it'll give me a 1000+ rank partner vs. two top 50 guys because they haven't done their ten matches. Arranged teams should be partitioned off like in CoH, not sure why it's the way that it is now.
11 Apr 2019, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2019, 18:14 PMVeniCRO
The matchmaking in this game is absolutely the worst I've seen in any game in my entire life period.

Being matched against higher ranked players is not a result of bad matchmaking. It is the result of, at times, small number of players searching for a game. The way matchmaking works is that it looks for players in your range and if it doesn't find any, it will gradually expand the range (both down and up). The longer you keep searching the bigger is the range of players the game will pick from to give you a match.

This works the same for pretty much all games with matchmaking. More specifically, it has to, since everyone would be complaining, if they couldn't find any games because the range didn't increase and the game just kept searching for someone within your range.

If you want to ensure, that you are placed against someone of similar rank, you can always stop the search after a while, forcing the process to start anew. The longer the search runs, the higher is the chance that you are placed against someone way above or below your rank (funny how no one complains when they are placed against players below their rank ;) ).

There is the issue of arranged vs random teams, but then again, it is a trade-off between search times and a good match. Every time a group is partitioned (splitting into arranged and random teams) the pool of players is reduced and thereby wait times increase.
11 Apr 2019, 21:06 PM

Being matched against higher ranked players is not a result of bad matchmaking. It is the result of, at times, small number of players searching for a game. The way matchmaking works is that it looks for players in your range and if it doesn't find any, it will gradually expand the range (both down and up). The longer you keep searching the bigger is the range of players the game will pick from to give you a match.

This works the same for pretty much all games with matchmaking. More specifically, it has to, since everyone would be complaining, if they couldn't find any games because the range didn't increase and the game just kept searching for someone within your range.

If you want to ensure, that you are placed against someone of similar rank, you can always stop the search after a while, forcing the process to start anew. The longer the search runs, the higher is the chance that you are placed against someone way above or below your rank (funny how no one complains when they are placed against players below their rank ;) ).

There is the issue of arranged vs random teams, but then again, it is a trade-off between search times and a good match. Every time a group is partitioned (splitting into arranged and random teams) the pool of players is reduced and thereby wait times increase.

if a high rank player is long enough in queue, this wont help because you will get matched against him instantly.
just suck it up. you wont lose many ranks against a high rank player, and by the small chance you win you will gain alot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★