Login

russian armor

British - Lend Lease Assault - Feedback

PAGES (9)down
21 Mar 2019, 18:28 PM

Yeah I'm just saying. In my original Lend-Lease idea for the doctrine which you can see here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/81230/new-commander-concepts

I actually had the M10 and Sherman IV bundled together.

Funny enough I now see that I also mentioned the M3 Scout Car from the Soviets, the M3 Lend-lease supply halftrack with American weapons and the M5 Stuart as well there. I kinda forgot about that.

The sherman would indeed make more sense for this doc, halftrack and M10 are rather mediocre for two slots. Smoke raid pointless when you have a mortar for free smoke+probably a Cromwell lategame.

Maybe add a "American armour slot" replaces Cromwell with Sherman and adds in M10. Slot halftrack in, give off map 105 howitzer for free spot or replace smoke raid with it.

That or land mattress, but if LM gets swapped in I think Hans has a new favorite doctrine :p
21 Mar 2019, 18:42 PM

The sherman would indeed make more sense for this doc, halftrack and M10 are rather mediocre for two slots. Smoke raid pointless when you have a mortar for free smoke+probably a Cromwell lategame.

Maybe add a "American armour slot" replaces Cromwell with Sherman and adds in M10. Slot halftrack in, give off map 105 howitzer for free spot or replace smoke raid with it.

That or land mattress, but if LM gets swapped in I think Hans has a new favorite doctrine :p

The idea behind the M10 is because the Firefly is lacking in the price range and performance it's there as a cheaper and faster alternative, that's why a lot of people like it and why I suggested it in the first place.

As you can see from my topic I had the idea of the Sherman and Stuart as well but yeah...

Even if so, the M3 could be used as a mobile armored ambulance transporter like the USF Mech Company one since the IS upgraded with the AS package can't get med kits anymore so you can use it as both a healer unit and mobile reinforcement point.

21 Mar 2019, 18:55 PM

The idea behind the M10 is because the Firefly is lacking in the price range and performance it's there as a cheaper and faster alternative, that's why a lot of people like it and why I suggested it in the first place.

As you can see from my topic I had the idea of the Sherman and Stuart as well but yeah...

Even if so, the M3 could be used as a mobile armored ambulance transporter like the USF Mech Company one since the IS upgraded with the AS package can't get med kits anymore so you can use it as both a healer unit and mobile reinforcement point.

I would like to see the half-track replaced with the Stuart, or maybe make it a bundle package where you can build both the Stuart and the half-track.
21 Mar 2019, 18:55 PM

I'm a fan of the suggestion from the other thread of giving the commander the M5 with Quad Upgrade (buffed) - little more versatile since it gives you option for another offensive light vehicle option while performing same role. If they do keep the M3 I hope they add the Med Kits ability which is useful in conjunction with the Assault Tommies being Med-Kit-less.
21 Mar 2019, 18:57 PM

The only thing that the doctrine is missing is flamer upgrade for Sappers IMO. Assault Sections aren´t very good vs garrisons and you will only go for this doctrine if you want to prepare for a lot of garrison or close quarter fighting..

Shouldn't the white phos grenade do pretty well against squads in garrisons? The shells certainly do if you call in barrages. He also gets a mortar so I think he's well equipped enough against garrisons
21 Mar 2019, 19:10 PM

I would like to see the half-track replaced with the Stuart, or maybe make it a bundle package where you can build both the Stuart and the half-track.

It's why I mentioned it in my other comment.
21 Mar 2019, 19:22 PM

Shouldn't the white phos grenade do pretty well against squads in garrisons? The shells certainly do if you call in barrages. He also gets a mortar so I think he's well equipped enough against garrisons

My Assault Sections only had the regular M3 grenade. Not sure if bug or I missed something.
21 Mar 2019, 19:27 PM

My Assault Sections only had the regular M3 grenade. Not sure if bug or I missed something.

Wouldn't be surprised if its bug, the early versions of previews usually have a couple. The notes clearly state it should be the "No.77 White Phosphorus grenade" so im sure it'll get fixed
21 Mar 2019, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 18:11 PMVipper
I am under the impression that the Model of Stuart that is in game was not used but the British forces but I have to check.

If you believe Wikipedia, they used all of them.
21 Mar 2019, 19:46 PM

I really like the commander it has great synergy between the different commander slots and the smoke raid shows how well infantry sections and assault sections can assault if needed and make for great counterplay to support weapon spam or entrenched positions. The mortar is nice to have if you aren't sure whether you have enough mapcontrol or how you enemies might play against a mortarpit. The M3 currently lacks some character as it doesn't get a vet1 ability like usf m3 or the soviet m5 other then that it is a great addition to the aec or maybe even bofors. I am not sure if the assault infantry sections might be overperforming in their base stats (what are the exact differences between cav rifles and 5man assault sections? - weapons should behave similar at vet0?) or if the utility from having 2 grenades (WP one even free from tech) with seperate cooldowns which might turn 4-5 section starts (especially with smoke raid) in a grenade fiesta if you are floating munitions.

The bugs that the mp price for sections turns to 350 mp after the bolster upgrade have been noted elsewhere.
21 Mar 2019, 19:49 PM

Replace M10 with E8. I don t think UKF lacks AT, they lack a good generalist tank since Comet was nerfed over and over again.
21 Mar 2019, 19:54 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Dont forget to rename the M10 to the britsh version:

3in SPM M10 Mk I - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M10_tank_destroyer
21 Mar 2019, 20:20 PM

Replace M10 with E8. I don t think UKF lacks AT, they lack a good generalist tank since Comet was nerfed over and over again.

The British didn't use E8s and the M10 is not there because the UKF lacks AT it's there to provide a cheaper and faster alternative to the slow and expensive Firefly.
21 Mar 2019, 21:24 PM

I really like the idea of replacing the halftrack or smoke raid operation with a priest. M10/assault section/mortar/something/priest sounds like a really solid commander.
21 Mar 2019, 22:46 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Halftrack suggestion for Brits from USF Ardennes Assault:

21 Mar 2019, 23:34 PM

What are Assault Tommies like loaded into the halftrack and chasing? Could be fun.
I think the HT is ideal for the assault design as it offers mobile reinforcement. This makes ukf more mobile than ever possible.

Isn't the idea of a commander to bring new options to the player? The mobility offered to the brits is unfounded previously and I think it can't be a "no Brainer" style commander stacked with everything and everything because of how moluch it goes against faction design.

There needs to be some draw to other commanders as well.
21 Mar 2019, 23:43 PM

What are Assault Tommies like loaded into the halftrack and chasing? Could be fun.
I think the HT is ideal for the assault design as it offers mobile reinforcement. This makes ukf more mobile than ever possible.

Isn't the idea of a commander to bring new options to the player? The mobility offered to the brits is unfounded previously and I think it can't be a "no Brainer" style commander stacked with everything and everything because of how moluch it goes against faction design.

There needs to be some draw to other commanders as well.

Technically speaking the Special Weapons regiment has a superior halftrack because it can drop weapons. It together with Vanguard and Mobile Assault were the most chosen Brit commanders until now because they plugged the holes in the British roaster one way or another so there's nothing different here really, just a different kind of soup, but still a soup.
21 Mar 2019, 23:47 PM

The M4A4 Sherman (Chrysler A57 engine,lengthened hull, 75-mm gun only) should be the UKF's main medium tank in place of the Cromwell. The Cromwell should be doctrinal.

Also, resource air supply drops would make sense for a lend lease commander.
22 Mar 2019, 01:42 AM

Technically speaking the Special Weapons regiment has a superior halftrack because it can drop weapons. It together with Vanguard and Mobile Assault were the most chosen Brit commanders until now because they plugged the holes in the British roaster one way or another so there's nothing different here really, just a different kind of soup, but still a soup.

The difference is the mobile support of previously static infantry. No denying that the spec weapons HT is the best of the bunch, but it's about supporting a new brand of play for the faction.

Its like ostroppen air drop. No denying that the regular muni/fuel drop is better but the ostroppen one supports the feel of the commander by dropping weapons for the boddies you are spamming.

This new commander grants mobility that no other brit commander offers. That's all I'm sayin. The halftrack fits in there beautifully.
22 Mar 2019, 13:10 PM

The M3 HT looks a bit odd in this commander - maybe replace it with Crocodile tank?
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS