Login

russian armor

USF Urban Assault -Feedback

PAGES (17)down
21 Mar 2019, 14:11 PM

USF - Urban Assault ver. 4

CP 0 (passive)Urban assault equipment (previously Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades)

R.E. can be upgraded with Rifle Grenades
Requires 60 munitions; locks out minesweepers
Now takes up one weapon slot.
AOE distance 0.5/1.5/4 versus 1/2/3 of the standard Fighting Pit.
AOE damage 1/0.5/0.3 versus 1/0.75/0.25 of the standard Fighting Pit.
Damage modifier against heavy cover from 0.5 to 0.75.
Range 35, 20 minimum.

Provides Riflemen with Incendiary Grenades; similar to Molotovs. Shares a cooldown with Frags. 30 munitions.

CP 0 (passive) Sherman assault Kit

M4 Sherman Tanks can now be upgraded with Dozer Blades, for 80 munitions increases health by 80 and gives the vehicle heavy crush and the ability to build barricades. Speed reduced by 15%, rotation by 5%
M4A3 Shermans can now fire a single WP shell at the target position for 20 munitions.
CD 10 secs

CP 3 Rangers
Cost from 400 to 350
Reinforce cost from 33 to 32
0.9 Damage reduction removed.
Received Accuracy from 0.8 to 0.73

CP 5 Cover to Cover

70 MU
Drops three smoke shells at the target position.
Infantry will sprint for 20 50 units around smoke drop seconds after the ability is cast.
CD 60 secs

CP 10 Calliope

Cost from 380/140 to 380/115
Far AOE damage from 0.15 to 0.25
Reload from 1.25 to 0.125; matches cool down
AOE from 4 to 5

USF - Urban Assault ver. 3 (no change from 2)

USF - Urban Assault ver. 1

updated to ver 3
21 Mar 2019, 14:12 PM

There is already a commander with good Urban abilities like flamer and WP. Why not move those abilities here? and revamp that commander?
21 Mar 2019, 14:21 PM

im happy for the ranger cost reduction, i felt that it was a bit overpriced
ddd
21 Mar 2019, 14:30 PM

Worse at assaulting urban positions than rifle company, doesnt synergize with calliope as good as tactical support and definitely is nowhere near as strong as heavy cavalry. Weird and weak commander with 0 synergy between its abilities. Also for some reason one ability from mechanized company got copied only in half, essentialy wasting slot.
21 Mar 2019, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 14:12 PMVipper
There is already a commander with good Urban abilities like flamer and WP. Why not move those abilities here? and revamp that commander?

I suggested this in the stream. Relic isn't looking to edit other commanders.
21 Mar 2019, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 15:34 PMLago

I suggested this in the stream. Relic isn't looking to edit other commanders.

Well it does not have to be done simultaneously, actually it is would better if they focuses on creating a good commander. I am simply saying that an Urban commander could utilize the flamers and WP and that would open the way for a revamp in the next commander revamp.
21 Mar 2019, 15:42 PM

Dozer Blades need to be bundled with something else, on it's own it's slot mostly wasted, other than that I feel it's a generic but solid choice.
On demand smoke, rocket arty and elite infantry fills enough holes in the USF Rooster, to be a good choice to have in your loadout.
21 Mar 2019, 15:46 PM

i dont like dozer blade

put Ez8 in this compnay

Ez8 need more commander

And caliope....(sigh)

poor AOE(4) and slow barrage speed still not fixed

21 Mar 2019, 15:49 PM

Dozer Blades need to be bundled with something else, on it's own it's slot mostly wasted, other than that I feel it's a generic but solid choice.
On demand smoke, rocket arty and elite infantry fills enough holes in the USF Rooster, to be a good choice to have in your loadout.

It's worth a slot by most commanders's standards. It lets Shermans take another hit.
21 Mar 2019, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 15:49 PMLago

It's worth a slot by most commanders's standards. It lets Shermans take another hit.

E8 also takes another hit, while having more armor and better gun.
21 Mar 2019, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 15:49 PMLago

Yes! But just think how often you see Shermans in 2vs2, then in 1vs1 you'd rather keep on the sidelines, where speed matters more.

Urban Assault is worth having just for Rocket Arty + Elite Infantry, the smoke is just gravy, not sure about the other to abilities. But in the case of Dozer Blades, they couldn't be there and it wouldn't affect my outlook on the Commander, not sure what to think of rifle grenades vs flamers.
21 Mar 2019, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 15:51 PMKatitof
E8 also takes another hit, while having more armor and better gun.

Dozer Sherman has an AI edge but yes, the E8 would be a stronger unit to have in there.

I'm more getting at the last revamp commanders are like commanders-and-a-half (especially Overwatch/Mechanized) and the amount crammed into them shouldn't be taken as a standard.
21 Mar 2019, 16:06 PM

I did test this commander against a friend this morning in an urban map.
Rear Echelon Rifle Grenades is very good and have a nice range to deal with urban garrisons. Well designed but I would increase the weapon cooldown a bit for balance.
Rangers as always very useful in urban maps, nothing more to say and synergies very well with Off-Map Smoke Artillery.
I did try to use calliope, but it feels so clunky in urban maps, the projectiles don't have a high angle so it collides at other random structures a lot. I don't know if it fits the "Urban" theme. IMO I would change it.
DOZER is very fun to block roads, I think it fits the urban assault theme.
21 Mar 2019, 18:13 PM

I think they should bundle the Dozer Blade with the E8. That opens up the route of a possible re-work of the E8 and in general it not being tied to Rifle Company anymore exclusively altho it might be a problem of having both Rangers and the Calliope in the same commander as well so they'll need to figure out how to balance it properly.

Alternatively the commander doesn't give much good offensive abilities such as strafes, loiters or arty barrages so it could work with the E8 also being added in and not cause a major balance void.
21 Mar 2019, 18:34 PM

I think they should bundle the Dozer Blade with the E8. That opens up the route of a possible re-work of the E8 and in general it not being tied to Rifle Company anymore exclusively altho it might be a problem of having both Rangers and the Calliope in the same commander as well so they'll need to figure out how to balance it properly.

Alternatively the commander doesn't give much good offensive abilities such as strafes, loiters or arty barrages so it could work with the E8 also being added in and not cause a major balance void.

Easy8, Rangers and Calliope in the same doctrine sound too strong imo. I agree about including an arty barrage / bombing run. Air supremacy could be cool. People suggested this for the "US Invasion
force" doctrine which i liked a lot.
21 Mar 2019, 20:57 PM

Dozer blades alone is bit weak, it could use something else, but if we want tank there, rangers or calliope must go. As for RE:s riflenades alone seem a bit iffy. It coumd be comboed with rifle satchel charges.
21 Mar 2019, 21:16 PM

How does E8 need to be reworked? This unit feels exactly like the OKW p4 and it is on the same price level. And both units are amazing imho.

Btw I was thinking about adding E8 to a commander with such a theme as well when I did the commander proposal but this is risky cuz it may cause way too much overlap with the rifle company. Dont forget that the RE rifle nade package will most likely be copied over to rifle doc to replace the flamer
ddd
21 Mar 2019, 21:17 PM

if we want tank there, rangers or calliope must go.

Why? Look at the new ostheer commander, 2 great tanks and buffed ass grens AND of course stock rocket arty. Or new OKW commander, tiger callin, 250mp squads with double shreck + global sprint (so you cant escape pfussiliers blob trashing your tanks) AND of course stock rocket arty. We are talking about easy8 or 76mm here, these tanks are about equal to p4. If axis can have panthers, tigers, elite squads and rocket artillery all at once, why would easy8 + calliope be broken?
21 Mar 2019, 21:35 PM

No off-map smoke? Rangers will have a difficult time...
21 Mar 2019, 21:53 PM

Btw do you guys think that the RE rifle nades are serving their anti garrison role well enough?

If not, there is the possibility of changes like setting the nade timer to 0 seconds, the dmg multiplier vs garrisons to something like 2.0 and the multiplier vs non-garrison targets to 0.25 (so there is no abuse)
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS