Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
25 Mar 2019, 19:25 PM

I missed that part. From what i remembered that's how cruzz described how it works and from personal test (i only did a test in the past to see how far away it could hit and if it hit different squads)

From what i read, Redterror and Mr Smith have completely different test results. One is based more in a model vs model and the other on a squad level. Nothing conclusive.
i remember either on cruzz thread or somewhere else in this site someone made a mod with and without focus fire weapon to see the difference with cheat mod on so he could see if damage was dealt and found that it did nothing
27 Mar 2019, 13:09 PM

One thing I noticed yesterday that should probably get changed is that the weapon slot priority of SVTs is higher than Flamethrower for Engineers - so as soon as the first model dies you lose your flamer. It should be higher for flamer.
27 Mar 2019, 13:14 PM

One thing I noticed yesterday that should probably get changed is that the weapon slot priority of SVTs is higher than Flamethrower for Engineers - so as soon as the first model dies you lose your flamer. It should be higher for flamer.

That's with extremely generous assumption it actually is an issue.
Flamers usually fight at range 20, SVTs add 4,5 DPS at that range for CEs and SVTs don't really try to focus model after model, flamer alone may have ~5 DPS, but it does have AoE as well, so assuming THE absolutely WORST case scenario, where all models focus on 1 model, a gren model would die in ~6 seconds instead of ~8.
27 Mar 2019, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 13:14 PMKatitof

That's with extremely generous assumption it actually is an issue.
Flamers usually fight at range 20, SVTs add 4,5 DPS at that range for CEs and SVTs don't really try to focus model after model, flamer alone may have ~5 DPS, but it does have AoE as well, so assuming THE absolutely WORST case scenario, where all models focus on 1 model, a gren model would die in ~6 seconds instead of ~8.

I was thinking more along the lines of you wanting flamer for garrison/heavy cover denial - where losing that utility hurts you a lot more than DPS at different ranges. Also I guess the fact that flamethrowers don't use accuracy so they are better against squads with high RA. Either way, point being that SVT upgrade probably has the biggest boost for CE and to not be able to use it in conjunction with flamer makes it even less appealing of an ability to me.
27 Mar 2019, 18:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Soviets are weak this current patch outside of one meta, you can see all the top players struggling to find something that works with them because penals+guards is just the only viable build when it's not the one and only urban def.

They have also been trying to fool around with defense doctrine with both dshk and m42 so you can counter okw blob and luchs but as much as they tried to believe it, the dshk is just trash.
28 Mar 2019, 21:03 PM

Airborne Guards are in strange place - their abilities are good when they without DP (because in that state they practically penals), but with DP their Orrah and smoke grenades are kinda meh. Maybe DP upgrade should replace those abilities?

SVT Drop is not too bad, even if numbers are not impressive. But - it feels overpriced. It also take 1 slot, which is serious problem for cons. And it's pretty much useless for anyone except cons and CE. There is also flamethrower drop problem.
In case of rework of the ability - how about PTRS for sniper? :)

Rocket Strafe used the way it shouldn't be used, not sure what to do about that. The strafe itself is bad.
28 Mar 2019, 22:21 PM

Any chance Soviet FRP or Guards get IL-2 recon ability of any kind? Would be fitting for this commander.
29 Mar 2019, 00:38 AM

Airbourne Guards do not have a PPSH Icon when they are upgraded.
29 Mar 2019, 11:30 AM

I don `t know who is working on this commander - but one idea is more absurd than another. IL-2 strafe? If it were not the airborne trooper but an aviation spotter or airborne officer - that would be logical. But an ordinary airborne infantryman does not have access to air support, just give them explosives, give them meaning to appear in the rear. With each change, I’m more and more disappointed in the commander.
29 Mar 2019, 12:58 PM

Mighty soviet airborn guard can call il-2 strafe(60muni)

meanwhile in Weh CAS commander : stuka AI strafe take 1 slot(60muni)

USF Tactical support commander : P47 strafe take 1 slot(125muni)

nice commander balance, mod team
29 Mar 2019, 13:01 PM

I am really liking this commander after the patch notes. I think this will make the airborne more of a doctrine choice over shocks and guards. I love the vet 1 strafe choice - very fitting for the doctrine theme!
29 Mar 2019, 13:18 PM

They makes OP unit agian

brainless work
29 Mar 2019, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 12:58 PMblancat

Now you're mad?
Where were you when all the boundled axis abilities were introduced?
All factions seem to get 10 doctrinal abilities shafted into 5 commander slots.
Either complain about all of them with no exceptions, or don't complain at all.
29 Mar 2019, 13:27 PM

I am really liking this commander after the patch notes. I think this will make the airborne more of a doctrine choice over shocks and guards. I love the vet 1 strafe choice - very fitting for the doctrine theme!

No, it does not. Airborne still has no sense of spawn behind enemy lines. The only possible use is to capture a point. If instead of the IL-2, the airborne would have had a high-precision artillery strike (as World in Conflict airborne) to destroy artillery or headquarters behind the front line, that would be the point.
29 Mar 2019, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 13:18 PMKatitof

Now you're mad?
Where were you when all the boundled axis abilities were introduced?
All factions seem to get 10 doctrinal abilities shafted into 5 commander slots.
Either complain about all of them with no exceptions, or don't complain at all.

Your logic is really ridiculous

first, i am not axis fan boy

second, i point out when all the boundled axis abilities were introduced

third, YES NO EXCEPTION, Other inferior commanders should be corrected as well

or do not put in this way
29 Mar 2019, 13:38 PM

Those are offmaps, Guard one has 40 range and requires CP3 high cost MP unit vetted to be usable, you might as well cry about Wehr artillery officer using same logic
29 Mar 2019, 13:39 PM

What is your point? How is an AI strafe you get to use right off the bat worse than one that is locked behind a 360 manpower squad that has to get to vet 1 first as well as having to be in range to call it in? How is this any different from things like the Ostheer Artillery Officer being able to call in a smoke barrage when other commanders use a slot for that?
29 Mar 2019, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 13:38 PMKirrik

Those are offmaps, Guard one has 40 range and requires CP3 high cost MP unit vetted to be usable, you might as well cry about Wehr artillery officer using same logic

So, make them equal

why soviet commander get more 1 skill right that?

USF tactical support and Weh CAS commander have useless skill now

save 1 skill slot is more useful than now

offmap? who fucking care?

Are u using strafing skill while not in combat?

This is not off-map pin point bombing skill

29 Mar 2019, 13:51 PM

What is your point? How is an AI strafe you get to use right off the bat worse than one that is locked behind a 360 manpower squad that has to get to vet 1 first as well as having to be in range to call it in? How is this any different from things like the Ostheer Artillery Officer being able to call in a smoke barrage when other commanders use a slot for that?

Smoke barrage and strafing run is different, dude....

smoke is just blocking sight support skill and strafing run is combat skill

Can u explain why USF strafing run is 125muni while soviet airborn guard have 60muni free slot skill?

lol Weh CAS strafing run cost is 60muni

what a nice commander balance

29 Mar 2019, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2019, 13:46 PMblancat

So, make them equal

why soviet commander get more 1 skill right that?

USF tactical support and Weh CAS commander have useless skill now

save 1 skill slot is more useful than now

offmap? who fucking care?

Are u using strafing skill while not in combat?

This is not off-map pin point bombing skill

But he just explained to you how that kind of abilities already exist in game and are more powerful...
Plus, there is quite a few units already existing with that mechanic.

USF major, IR pathfinders.
Ost arty officer.
OKW sturm officer(with his personal propaganda arty).
Soviet commissar(I think he also has prop arty?)
Command panther with mark target.
UKF arty flares of sniper and pyrotechnic section, valentine victor target.

And I probably forgot about a couple.

Pin on demand isn't really that strong, its the same power level as forced retreat we already have in game as units ability.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L