Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
21 Mar 2019, 00:18 AM

M3 Half-Track

Allows M3s Half-Tracks to be built from the Platoon Command Post; requires AEC or Bofors unlocked.
Same Half-Track as the USF M3.

Doesn't this seem a bit redundant? Brits already have a commander with a halftrack call-in that also drops infantry weapon pickups (this one doesn't), plus Brits don't really have trouble in the forward outpost/reinforcement department.

M3 Stuart call in maybe?

I also really think for the new Wehr doctrine it should be a King Tiger instead of the Tiger Ace.
21 Mar 2019, 00:22 AM

1) Double shreks on the new fusiliers
[…]
Another thing, if they still have the ability to snare it will be laughable as well. Imagine a squad that can not only do massive damage with 2 panzershreks BUT also it can snare. RIP any allied mediums.

Panzerfusiliers upgraded with Schrecks lose access to AT grenades.

7) Not looking forward to OKW players being able to call in a KT and Tiger in the same game... that ain't gonna be fun in 4v4 lol

The Tiger will be mutually exclusive with the King Tiger (just like Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger).
Only 1 heavy allowed on the field.
21 Mar 2019, 00:25 AM

The Tiger will be mutually exclusive with the King Tiger (just like Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger).
Only 1 heavy allowed on the field.

Ok good, and yeah I misread the notes about the snare ability. Regardless, I think the teller mine on fusiliers is a bad idea, OKW already has access to mines that can snare, giving them tellers too would be very problematic, even if it's locked behind the panzershrek upgrade.
21 Mar 2019, 00:27 AM

Regardless, I think the teller mine on fusiliers is a bad idea, OKW already has access to mines that can snare, giving them tellers too would be very problematic, even if it's locked behind the panzershrek upgrade.

Perhaps. But with 90 munitions for the G43 packages and 120 munitions for the Schreck packages, there will not be a lot of munitions left for Teller Mines. If they prove too strong regardless, it could be replaced by something like passive vehicle detection.

I think the very heavy munitions costs (as well as virtually no AI DPS on Panzerschreck upgraded squads) will make these new Panzerfusiliers quite balanced, but it will take some extensive testing to say for sure. Looking forward to the feedback.
21 Mar 2019, 01:09 AM

I like the mod's commander selection where it just brings up a list of all your faction's commanders. Can commander selection just always work like that from now on? It's great.
21 Mar 2019, 01:27 AM

Doesn't this seem a bit redundant? Brits already have a commander with a halftrack call-in that also drops infantry weapon pickups (this one doesn't), plus Brits don't really have trouble in the forward outpost/reinforcement department.

M3 Stuart call in maybe?

There was a cool suggestion in the stream: replace the M3 halftrack with the M5 halftrack.

That means you're not using the same model as the Resupply HT, and brings the M5 Quad into the balancing scope.

Secondly, I think Smoke Raid Operation is a little redundant in the new UKF commander. UKF has a lot of smoke to begin with, and the commander also gives you 81mm Smoke and Assault Section White Phosphorous grenades.

Maybe replace it with Vehicle Crew Repairs? The M10 and USF halftracks are balanced around having decrew repair after all.
21 Mar 2019, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 01:27 AMLago

Secondly, I think Smoke Raid Operation is a little redundant in the new UKF commander. UKF has a lot of smoke to begin with, and the commander also gives you 81mm Smoke and Assault Section White Phosphorous grenades.

Yeah I have to agree. The assault tommies felt really strong in my test games so far especially with the phos. grenade... and that was without smoke raid.

I can only imagine how annoying assault tommie spam with constant use of smoke raid would be
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 21 Mar 2019, 02:04 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

The stream chat and comments here have been helpful, and we've got some good changes on our list as a result. Stay tuned!

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 01:27 AMLago

There was a cool suggestion in the stream: replace the M3 halftrack with the M5 halftrack.

That means you're not using the same model as the Resupply HT, and brings the M5 Quad into the balancing scope.

Maybe replace it with Vehicle Crew Repairs? The M10 and USF halftracks are balanced around having decrew repair after all.

I liked the m5 suggestion too and we'll give it a go!

Your other two points make sense to me as well, we'll chat about them.
21 Mar 2019, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 02:04 AMAndy_RE
Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.

The stream chat and comments here have been helpful, and we've got some good changes on our list as a result. Stay tuned!

I liked the m5 suggestion too and we'll give it a go!

Your other two points make sense to me as well, we'll chat about them.

:thumb:
21 Mar 2019, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 19:28 PMnigo
More Rangers ? :D Time to suggest this:

The balance/ mod team can take a look at the Ranger skin?

Relic placed a Ranger skin almost identical to the Riflemans (light brown skins), but theres a proper Ranger skin in game files with dark green pants and a cool backpack (they appear in SP campaign). Its a more distinguish skin and deserve to appear in the MP.

Do you have pics? I checked the Ardennes Assault Rangers but they seem to have the same skin as the multiplayer Rangers.

They keep the Mosins.

Thanks. Will have a look at it.
21 Mar 2019, 02:48 AM

Initial Thoughts:
USF - Urban Assault

1. Rifle Grenades are pretty cool but honestly they either need to be slightly cheaper or need to be able to also equip minesweepers since I don't see people going for two squads of RE's in most circumstances. Otherwise I think they are moderately useful and are nice for forcing squads of garrisons temporarily.

2. Dozer Blades are nice, but I feel like this ability should be combined with something else. I think having a 2nd commander with access to the Sherman E8 would be pretty nice since Rifle Company isn't too good at the moment.

3. I like the decrease in cost for the smoke which should make it more usable for a faction that is usually munitions bled.

4. Rangers are probably a slight bit too cheap, I would move their cost to about 370 or 380 or maybe increase their reinforce cost a bit if they are going to be 350 manpower. I would also like to see their pop-cap reduced to 9 to make it similar to most other elite infantry units. I don't think the Rangers buffs are ridiculous within this commander but I think they would probably make Heavy Cav too strong again.

5. Calliope buffs feel nice and not having to spend so much is certainly welcome. I would like to see the unit tied to tech but I don't think that is going to realistically happen.

British - Lend Lease

1. Assault Sections are fun to use but I think are a slight bit overturned. My biggest worry is the 5% received accuracy bonus they get combined with the Thompson's not taking up any weapon slots. I would say at least make the Thompson's take up a single weapon slot or make it so they take up both slots but allow the squad to also upgrade the Med Supplies or Coordinated Fire upgrade. They seem really strong when you get 5 man and 2x Brens and Thompson's. I am fine the Phosphorus Grenade since I don't think we will see these units spammed due to the lack of medical supplies available.

2. I am fine with 81mm Mortar, it's nice to have a mortar as Brits. Seems fine for it's cost and should be useful.

3. The M3 Half-track is a nice addition to the commander but as some other have said I think it would be more interesting if the M5 Half-track was available instead. It could be nearly identical to the Soviet M5 stats wise.

4.Smoke Raid is fine for it's price point, no problem with the ability at the moment although it's weird you have to select a target area for the ability.

5. I think the M10 is too strong and this goes for both USF and UKF. The unit is simply far too cost effective against axis mediums. Either make the unit 90 fuel instead of 80 or revert the vet changes it got when Armor was reworked. Otherwise I think the M10 will probably be even stronger with the Brits.

Soviet - Airborne

1. The SVT Drop is pretty nice for it's current cost point. It's bugged within the mod test but it will be nice having an upgrade for Cons outside of PPSh's. I wish they would rework Cons but this will do for now and hopefully Conscripts see a slight resurgence with this commander in a meta where you see Penals most of the time.

2. Assault Guards seem solid for their cost. They are bugged currently and can only upgrade two DP's but once they are able they will probably be slightly better than regular Guards which I am fine with since they don't have the AT utility and also lack a grenade.

3. Airborne Rally Point is a nice alternative to the Ostheer Reinforce Bunker and is useful for it's price, I was a bit worried at first but it isn't too durable and doesn't get it's retreat point until you have Tier 4 up. It might have a slight bit too much range but otherwise I am alright with it.

4. DSHK Paradrop from what I have played seems to be balanced for the most part. I like the buffs to penetration since the DSHK should actually be able to deal with vehicles if your opponent isn't paying adequate attention. I don't know if it needed the buff to it's arc but otherwise hopefully the Dushka is good again.

5. IL-2 Rocket Strafe initally seems to be maybe a bit too cheap considering it can do some damage to infantry but it's cool to see a skillshot finally be implemented into the game after all of the 1-click nonsense.

Ostheer - Strategic Reserves

1. I like Ass Grens being reborn but they shouldn't be 5 pop-cap and have a reinforce cost of only 26 for their current performance. I would say 7 pop-cap is fine for their current performance and their reinforce cost could either be 28 to match rifles or maybe 30 but that might be pushing it. Otherwise they should be a good alternative to Grens and hopefully will diversify earlier openings as Ostheer.

2. Having Radio Intercept as Ostheer is really nice, having this ability as the most reactive faction in the game should help a ton.

3. P-Gren satchels seem good and should help erase irritating buildings that cover important points on a map. The increased repair speed is also awesome and should help Ostheer keep pace with all of the other factions having superior repairs.

4. Having the OKW Panzer IV as Ostheer is something I have wanted for a long time and my dream comes true. The P4 seems good for it's cost and should help against superior allied premium medium tanks.

5. The Tiger Ace is back in action after getting lost somewhere on the eastern front with no fuel. It should be a strong unit but it's cost is far more expensive than a vast majority of heavy tanks so it should be fine.

OKW - Grand Offensive (monkaS)

1. Honestly the way Panzerfusiliers are implemented in this commander is really worrying. I am fine with their inital performance but having access to a snare right off the bat is a bit too strong. I would be ok with them at least requiring a truck to be built in order to snare a vehicle so the M3/UC/WC51 has some kind of window to have impact. I would also like to see their Vet 3-5 toned down if people want them to become mainline infantry for the faction. They scale way to well while being able to get multiple G43's. It seems like they currently have 3-4 or so, that should probably be reduced to two at most since they are 6-man and have good utility. The Panzershrecks probably also need to be looked into, at least reduce them to only a since one for maybe 90 muni or so or make it so Tactical Movement doesn't affect squads with the upgrade.

2. Stuka Smoke Drop should be really good within the Commander allowing the player to smoke for retreating squads and the Tiger. Maybe increase it's cost slightly since it doubles as smoke and recon.

3. Tactical Movement is one of my favorite abilities as Ostheer so it should be fun to have access to it as OKW. Just a bit worried about a Fusilier blob running around with this ability active. Hopefully they get tweaked.

4. Volks MP40's seem to be much better now which is nice, but if Fusilier don't get nerfed we won't see any Volks with this commander, hopefully we will get to see a mix of Volks and Fusilier's to create some more interesting openings.

5. Obviously the Tiger is fine for it's cost and performance, my only worry is with the increased cost of earlier tech and units for OKW we will see people just stalling for the Tiger after going for a Luchs and Puma. Tying the Tiger (All Heavies) to tech would fix this but of course this isn't probably possible at the moment. Maybe just move the unit to 14 CP to slightly delay it a bit.
21 Mar 2019, 04:23 AM

250mp and 5 men sounds so cheap for a squad with access to double shrecks. This will most definitely be blobbed in conjuntion with tactical movement.

Why not just give access to double shrecks for sturms? 300mp and 4 men sounds more reasonable for such strong AT.

21 Mar 2019, 06:39 AM

Can we add caliope to major tech ? If stuka is "balanced" when available in your first tech choice so why wouldnt it be in usf in last tech.
21 Mar 2019, 06:48 AM

after airborne test:
- SVT-40 drop either does not work or uses Mosin rifle.
- apparently, the animation of parachutes cannot be applied to the Airborne, because it looks like the Guards partisans.
- Regarding the DP-27, what kind of airborne forces are they if they cannot buy machine guns behind the line of the enemy?
In continuation of the theme of the DP-27, three DP-27 are not needed, just the DP-27 buff to the Bren level (cost 45 ammunition, similar damage)

The main problem is still in abilities. Airborne has no role.

- IL-2 rockets bad, give IL-2 PTAB. I understand that 100 ammunition is cheap, but there is no point in cheaper if it is bad.
21 Mar 2019, 08:01 AM

I think assault gren upgrade to 6 mab squad is unnecessary. Just making them harder to hit via veterancy should be enough
21 Mar 2019, 08:21 AM

I think it would be better to have a Sherman Crocodile upgrade (flamethrower) with the dozer.
Ideally suited to the concept of Urban Assault.

For now, M3 Haftrack seems useless. I think it's better to drop a weapon like the Special Weapon Regiment.

dropping BAR and Bazooka and change call-in
21 Mar 2019, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 08:21 AMPapier
I think it would be better to have a Sherman Crockerdale upgrade (flamethrower) with the dozer.
Ideally suited to the concept of Urban Assault.

For now, M3 Haftrack seems useless. I think it's better to drop a weapon like the Special Weapon Regiment.

dropping BAR and Bazooka and change call-in

Not possible sadly, that's why the flamethrower tanks in the All Units mod are static and can't move, it's limitation of the modding tools.

Agreed on the M3 HT.
21 Mar 2019, 08:38 AM

Airborne doctrine seems to disable medic and SVT drop just gives you 25 muni (it costs 45) instead of SVTs
21 Mar 2019, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 08:38 AMFarlon
Airborne doctrine seems to disable medic and SVT drop just gives you 25 muni (it costs 45) instead of SVTs

Yes, medics at the main base are gone.
21 Mar 2019, 08:50 AM
Developer Relic Badge

A fix for the medics has been prepared. It just needs to be deployed. SVTs will also be fixed.

This is the issue with the SCAR for letting us have the shiny menus. Lots of things require manual overrides unlike standard attribute packs that update and override cloned files automatically.
PAGES (15)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 16
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %