Login

russian armor

Votekick option

19 Mar 2019, 19:42 PM

Hello! :)

I usually play 3 or 4 vs 4 games and in about 20-30% of my games there's always someone afk or just trolling around. Most games have an option for teammembers to votekick. Isn't it an idea to have that option in Company of Heroes aswell? I'd rather have ai take over then playing with 1 less player on my team.
19 Mar 2019, 22:13 PM

1 AI in your team means a loss the vast majority of the time anyway
19 Mar 2019, 23:30 PM

1 AI in your team means a loss the vast majority of the time anyway

Better an AI than a troll.
19 Mar 2019, 23:37 PM

That would almost certainly involve changes to the game engine, which pretty much went out the window once the final faction was released (unless something is totally game breaking and can't be worked around).

The usual advice is to try and find some decent people to play with as an arranged team. You have to accept certain risks in random.
20 Mar 2019, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2019, 23:37 PMCyanara
That would almost certainly involve changes to the game engine, which pretty much went out the window once the final faction was released (unless something is totally game breaking and can't be worked around).

The usual advice is to try and find some decent people to play with as an arranged team. You have to accept certain risks in random.

I did not know that, i tought it would be a simple thing for the developers to add in an update. I guess you're right then and i'll have to accept it. There is an option ti vote for a surrender, why can't there be an extra option there for votekicking? I know in a 2 v 2 it won't work, but i mean in a 3 or 4 players match. Thanks for replying!
20 Mar 2019, 15:08 PM

If there's an ai on my team I usually just drop.

Unless you happen to be fighting an enemy that has a bizarre weakness to kubelwagons/Halftracks 25 minutes into the game.
20 Mar 2019, 16:58 PM

The only good part of having an AI on your team is scouting. Because the AI have no FOW. So they always go where there are no enemy units.

The worst part is the attack algorithm usually has them try to put their vehicles right on top of yours, so they block you and get you killed.

And dont get me started on how they will walk right by an abandoned team weapon 100 times until you make something to reman it. Then they take the team weapon right in front of your units and retreat it back to base. Worst case scenario. You just wasted manpower to reman it so you are weaker, they had a unit nearby which is now gone, you lost the team weapon, and the AI has it in the base.

My point is 85% of the time the AI is programmed to help the enemy team. So when a team mate drops, your 4v4 becomes 3v4.5.
20 Mar 2019, 17:10 PM

Nah pls not, even tho I hate teamkillers and afk players ofc. Votekick could just get abused hard to kick players you have a personal issue with (and not because they are trolling).

In CoH3 you should be auto-kicked if the system auto-detected that you teamkilled too much or if your mouse and camera didnt move for 3-5 minutes (= afk)
20 Mar 2019, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 15:08 PMGrim
If there's an ai on my team I usually just drop.

Unless you happen to be fighting an enemy that has a bizarre weakness to kubelwagons/Halftracks 25 minutes into the game.

Lol
20 Mar 2019, 18:02 PM

In CoH3 you should be auto-kicked if the system auto-detected that you teamkilled too much or if your mouse and camera didnt move for 3-5 minutes (= afk)

I would also like to see a ban if you get dumped multiple times for AFK or crash on load. These people are killing the most popular game modes.
20 Mar 2019, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 18:02 PMRosbone

I would also like to see a ban if you get dumped multiple times for AFK or crash on load. These people are killing the most popular game modes.

I agree with the first but how can you ban people for crashing on load screen? It's not like they do it with intent (or most of the times at least)
20 Mar 2019, 21:35 PM

I agree with the first but how can you ban people for crashing on load screen? It's not like they do it with intent (or most of the times at least)

My idea was to inform them some how that they are crashing because of some behavior, like surfing the web while loading, etc. So I agree its not banable. Maybe force a pop up that they have to click thru to get into the game after so many crashes. Something like:

You seem to be having issues try these tips and check our troubleshooting page for help:
- Does the game crash when you are alt-tabbing or surfing the web while loading into a match?
- Does it help if you restart the game after a match or two?
- Try to play the game without any other programs running.

The problem is that its probably partially Relics fault that the game crashes due to memory leaks or bad object handling in the video card code. Or the problem is in the video card drivers interacting with Windows while surfing etc. So Relic will never even print that this problem exists cause it would make them look bad.

But it is at the point that people have changed their in game name to RESTART AFTER EVERY GAME NOOBS. And people still keep crashing. But this will all be moot cause COH3 will be rock solid :P
20 Mar 2019, 22:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 21:35 PMRosbone

My idea was to inform them some how that they are crashing because of some behavior, like surfing the web while loading, etc. So I agree its not banable. Maybe force a pop up that they have to click thru to get into the game after so many crashes. Something like:

You seem to be having issues try these tips and check our troubleshooting page for help:
- Does the game crash when you are alt-tabbing or surfing the web while loading into a match?
- Does it help if you restart the game after a match or two?
- Try to play the game without any other programs running.

The problem is that its probably partially Relics fault that the game crashes due to memory leaks or bad object handling in the video card code. Or the problem is in the video card drivers interacting with Windows while surfing etc. So Relic will never even print that this problem exists cause it would make them look bad.

But it is at the point that people have changed their in game name to RESTART AFTER EVERY GAME NOOBS. And people still keep crashing. But this will all be moot cause COH3 will be rock solid :P

The problem is that no matter how aware developer is that there is a problem like that and that restarting or running his software without additional programs in the background is the solution, he can't really recommend that as a solution. It's like selling a car that has to cool down for 5 minutes every 20 kilometers and including that in the manual instead of fixing the problem.

Now I know that relic can't fix the problem within reasonable budget so they won't. But they also can't stop selling the game. So they are left with only one choice: pretending the problem doesn't exist or that they don't know any solutions. And that is what they are doing for a long time.
21 Mar 2019, 09:47 AM

Nah pls not, even tho I hate teamkillers and afk players ofc. Votekick could just get abused hard to kick players you have a personal issue with (and not because they are trolling).

Has it been confirmed that they're working on CoH 3? Or did you mean something like if they ever make a 3th game? If it has been confirmed i'm a super happy man :)
21 Mar 2019, 14:00 PM

Has it been confirmed that they're working on CoH 3? Or did you mean something like if they ever make a 3th game? If it has been confirmed i'm a super happy man :)

There was a survey about a year ago about possible coh3 factions and theater.

We do know they work on AoE4 and something tells me they aren't going to be working on DoW series ever again...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★