Login

russian armor

M5A1 Stuart

17 Mar 2019, 16:57 PM

Do you build the Stuart and is it worth it? It is a good light vehicle and effective against all other light vehicles except the Puma. It is not the best against infantry but it can do the job. But like all light vehciles they are very vulnerable to handheld AT and they do cost quite a bit of fuel for a light vehicle (70) which could delay your T3 teching and result in a Panzer IV rush. Seems like a Stuart is a really risky build
17 Mar 2019, 17:00 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I buld it reactionary to a luchs, which is reactionary occasioinally to your m20. If you can place your bets on an M20 mine to kill the luchs, I'd avoid the stuart. But if you cannot and want a more secure unit to deal with the luchs, go stuart.

Unfortunatly it probably won't kill the luchs or puma by itself due to low damage per shot, so it may require a zook volley inorder to secure kills.

Understanding engagements with pumas is rather crucial. The puma has both 50 sight and range and typically has the advantage over the stuart because of this + smoke canister. However the stuart can take a win with correct support and a stun shot.
21 May 2019, 22:21 PM

Hallo Foxes,

On the matter concerning the M5 Stuart, I would claim that it's a real good mobile fire power (tiny canon + 2MG's).
A polyvalent Light Armor designed to scout out, disturb Infantry and stronger Armor on the move, due to his disabling abilities.
But it definitely got to be supported to be at his most efficient AT point, some Bazooka's, ATG, Medium Armor or TD.
It has a pretty good synergy combined to others units, still able to rekt Infantry squads (when no Panzerschrecks in sight) and destroy trenches by his own.

However as CODguy said, it's also expensive 70 fuel, and it delays your teching into Mediums stuff.
In most cases you can hold on enemy's Light Armor with Bazooka's or/with an ATGun (stole it feels even better).
Plus, a wisely good using of the standard Mine from the RE's can really do a great job as a snare for an outrageous Puma, or insolent Luchs, use Tank Traps to force them to go in (it's cheap asf*k).

About how to hold on Germans Warmachines, I join on ShadowL. you got to know your foe, either Puma, Luchs..
According to the circumstances it can still be worth to invest in the Stuart if you feel like overwelmed by OKW/OST Light Vehicles.
As he pointed out, the M5 Stuart, with some proper micro, can do a great job against other contenders from his category

Or if you're tight on ressources, and you can't afford to wait cuz' there is a Panzer IV/Panther rollin' on the field into your line.
Such a thing won't be halted by an ATG asides Pumpkins throwers.
But may the Stuart by a smart flanking, with the support of all the ATPower you got, make a difference against the Beast.

So yeah it's a risky investment due to his cost in fuel, plus the more you got trouble with microing your Lights Trucks/Tanks and keeping them alive, the more complicated will it be to make it worthy.
Still one of the best Paper Tanks, Puma is also great, maybe ex-aequo with a + on Puma, I really love/hate this unit (love it when able to steal it).

The Stewy is fast/mobile (got to keep it on movin' cuz' it has a really decent accuracy on the move), he's fragile but still can take up to 2-3 AT shots (less when it comes to big canons, 88mm,..), and got two abilities to disabed his predators, includind the Puma.
But you still got to be very cautious on how you approach this apex, awesome range and sight (same as ShadowL. noticed it), also a solid disabling capacity, plus extra valuable Smoke Canister.
Moreover it carries a BigFuckinGun, which gaves it enough damage output to assault on Mediums, and this is incredible, how a good micro'd Puma can totaly wasted you.

That said, a well used M5 can do a serious job as counter to these threat, by disabling it the time your ATP comes in for the take out.
As previously said by many, if you want a proper job to be done, and finalize, got to support it, use it in concert with AT stuff, or you won't be (in most cases) able to gofor Touchdown (on Armor).

Yet, even if I understand the point to rush it to take initiative over your opponmentI.
I mostly try to avoid this investisment as far as I can rush Mediums cuz' the situation allows me too.
This decision is totaly depending on the previous events of the early, it's all about your own subjectivity, and also objectivity about how bad/good is it going so far ATM.

Somehow you got to trust your guts, an experimented instinct, is the most valuable weapon's of choice (AT/AI), be wise, don't overreact/rage about what happens (best way to lose precious time to launch an efficient counter attack), remain strongly focus, and the rest should come by itself.

19 Jun 2019, 03:18 AM

Hallo Foxes,

On the matter concerning the M5 Stuart, I would claim that it's a real good mobile fire power (tiny canon + 2MG's).
A polyvalent Light Armor designed to scout out, disturb Infantry and stronger Armor on the move, due to his disabling abilities.
But it definitely got to be supported to be at his most efficient AT point, some Bazooka's, ATG, Medium Armor or TD.
It has a pretty good synergy combined to others units, still able to rekt Infantry squads (when no Panzerschrecks in sight) and destroy trenches by his own.

However as CODguy said, it's also expensive 70 fuel, and it delays your teching into Mediums stuff.
In most cases you can hold on enemy's Light Armor with Bazooka's or/with an ATGun (stole it feels even better).
Plus, a wisely good using of the standard Mine from the RE's can really do a great job as a snare for an outrageous Puma, or insolent Luchs, use Tank Traps to force them to go in (it's cheap asf*k).

About how to hold on Germans Warmachines, I join on ShadowL. you got to know your foe, either Puma, Luchs..
According to the circumstances it can still be worth to invest in the Stuart if you feel like overwelmed by OKW/OST Light Vehicles.
As he pointed out, the M5 Stuart, with some proper micro, can do a great job against other contenders from his category

Or if you're tight on ressources, and you can't afford to wait cuz' there is a Panzer IV/Panther rollin' on the field into your line.
Such a thing won't be halted by an ATG asides Pumpkins throwers.
But may the Stuart by a smart flanking, with the support of all the ATPower you got, make a difference against the Beast.

So yeah it's a risky investment due to his cost in fuel, plus the more you got trouble with microing your Lights Trucks/Tanks and keeping them alive, the more complicated will it be to make it worthy.
Still one of the best Paper Tanks, Puma is also great, maybe ex-aequo with a + on Puma, I really love/hate this unit (love it when able to steal it).

The Stewy is fast/mobile (got to keep it on movin' cuz' it has a really decent accuracy on the move), he's fragile but still can take up to 2-3 AT shots (less when it comes to big canons, 88mm,..), and got two abilities to disabed his predators, includind the Puma.
But you still got to be very cautious on how you approach this apex, awesome range and sight (same as ShadowL. noticed it), also a solid disabling capacity, plus extra valuable Smoke Canister.
Moreover it carries a BigFuckinGun, which gaves it enough damage output to assault on Mediums, and this is incredible, how a good micro'd Puma can totaly wasted you.

That said, a well used M5 can do a serious job as counter to these threat, by disabling it the time your ATP comes in for the take out.
As previously said by many, if you want a proper job to be done, and finalize, got to support it, use it in concert with AT stuff, or you won't be (in most cases) able to gofor Touchdown (on Armor).

Yet, even if I understand the point to rush it to take initiative over your opponmentI.
I mostly try to avoid this investisment as far as I can rush Mediums cuz' the situation allows me too.
This decision is totaly depending on the previous events of the early, it's all about your own subjectivity, and also objectivity about how bad/good is it going so far ATM.

Somehow you got to trust your guts, an experimented instinct, is the most valuable weapon's of choice (AT/AI), be wise, don't overreact/rage about what happens (best way to lose precious time to launch an efficient counter attack), remain strongly focus, and the rest should come by itself.

19 Jun 2019, 03:19 AM

You write well. Thanks for your insights.
22 Jul 2019, 10:32 AM

I really love the stuart, it's light and great to deal with luchs.
23 Jul 2019, 10:12 AM

Stuart>blind shot>LT with zook>haba haba haba
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight