Login

russian armor

Thoughts on Panzergrenadiers

PAGES (21)down
10 Apr 2019, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2019, 07:25 AMNaOCl

They should keep the iconic 4 man and get armour + "to the last man"

Not going to help against explosives in the least. Also awful idea for a 4 man squad.
10 Apr 2019, 16:06 PM

Pgrens need sprint like that Assaultgrens have and stock passive buff when near the vehicles , near one vehicle make them hard to kill near two harder and 3 vehicles can be limit besides that yes pgrens are arguably fine.
11 Apr 2019, 01:37 AM

Not going to help against explosives in the least. Also awful idea for a 4 man squad.

With armour and to the last man, they'd be strong AI.
Thus it makes sense for explosives to be their weakness.
11 Apr 2019, 12:05 PM

Panzergrenadiers suggestions:

Defensive ability
-Stat boost to compensate model los
-Ability to construct cover
-Smoke grenade
-Dug in ability

Offensive ability
-G43 rework with higher damage
-Button ability
-Oorah version
-Passive ability next to tanks
-Panzerbusche

Survivability
-armor bonus trough vet or upgrade
-5 men upgrade
-Sprint

Price
-Pop reduction
-Cost lowered
-reinforce time lowered

Here is a list of suggestions mentioned in this thread. Maybe someone can make a nice poll out of it.

11 Apr 2019, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2019, 01:37 AMNaOCl

With armour and to the last man, they'd be strong AI.
Thus it makes sense for explosives to be their weakness.

They already have good AI. armour and to the last man relies too much on RNG and that's not what they need they need reliability. A damage reduction would give a straight reliable durability buff without loops and hoops and the possibility that they do nothing entirely. Armour adds another dice to them that can still say fuck you if it wants to. Damage reduction is guaranteed.
11 Apr 2019, 16:10 PM

Why not get rid of the shrecks and make them a proper anti infantry squad? Might as well give pioneers the shreck upgrade after reaching t2 and doing a side teching upgrade to get the shrecks (say 30 fuel and 100mp or whatever). Then you need to upgrade them for a 60-70 muni upgrade for the pioneers. This would make shrecks a very potent weapon on a very squishy platform (pioneers). Gettin shreck will mean no other upgrades for pioneers.

Perhaps Pgrens could get a combined arms effect when working with light, medium or heavy armor.
11 Apr 2019, 16:44 PM

They already have good AI. armour and to the last man relies too much on RNG and that's not what they need they need reliability. A damage reduction would give a straight reliable durability buff without loops and hoops and the possibility that they do nothing entirely. Armour adds another dice to them that can still say fuck you if it wants to. Damage reduction is guaranteed.

+1

Damage reduction, no need to re-invent the wheel with all these suggestions. There's WAY more problems to fix with coh and this sounds like a nice and easy fix.
11 Apr 2019, 17:13 PM

Why not get rid of the shrecks and make them a proper anti infantry squad? Might as well give pioneers the shreck upgrade after reaching t2 and doing a side teching upgrade to get the shrecks (say 30 fuel and 100mp or whatever). Then you need to upgrade them for a 60-70 muni upgrade for the pioneers. This would make shrecks a very potent weapon on a very squishy platform (pioneers). Gettin shreck will mean no other upgrades for pioneers.

Perhaps Pgrens could get a combined arms effect when working with light, medium or heavy armor.

piospam/shreck everywhere. :loco:
11 Apr 2019, 17:59 PM

Armor seems to do okay for shocks, and they don't even have good RA with vet like pgrens. Damage Reduction is not great for the game IMO, it fucks with all of our instincts about what damage things should do. I'd rather Rangers not have that ninja RD modifier, and I even wish the Command P4 had a different bonus.
11 Apr 2019, 19:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2019, 17:13 PMEsxile

piospam/shreck everywhere. :loco:

Which won't happen if they are 4 men and still as squishy as they are now.
11 Apr 2019, 19:23 PM

Armor seems to do okay for shocks, and they don't even have good RA with vet like pgrens. Damage Reduction is not great for the game IMO, it fucks with all of our instincts about what damage things should do. I'd rather Rangers not have that ninja RD modifier, and I even wish the Command P4 had a different bonus.

Shocks have 6 models though so each one won't receive as much fire as any pgren model. The problem with armour is you either notice it or you don't. It could solve all the issues with pgrens one engagement and fail to do anything the next and they still don't have the models to be able to tank that loss and pay it forward.
If we're going to make pgrens more durable we shouldn't half ass it by making it a chance to possibly be better.
11 Apr 2019, 20:56 PM

Shocks have 6 models though so each one won't receive as much fire as any pgren model. The problem with armour is you either notice it or you don't. It could solve all the issues with pgrens one engagement and fail to do anything the next and they still don't have the models to be able to tank that loss and pay it forward.

I agree with that statement when applied to vehicles, but for infantry its a little different. Your doing penetration rolls a lot more often with bullets so the performance is more consistent. The 6 models is true of course but I think pgren target size makes up for that in this case.

I just dont think screwing with recieved damage is ever a good idea. I agree with everything you're saying about what pgrens need, just RD modifiers shouldnt be a thing IMO
11 Apr 2019, 21:51 PM

I'd like pgrens to be a bit stronger, but it's not as if they aren't useful. I usually use them to counter flanks from allied infantry on my team weapons... if allies aren't trying to flank your team weapons you probably aren't using them very well. They do fine in medium range engagements against any squad, and their bundle grenades are nasty. Their biggest weaknesses is that you can't close distance to use their dps until vet2 because they just die on the way in, losing all said dps in the process, and that they get wiped quite easily. I also don't see why they don't get the 5 man squad upgrade with German Infantry Doctrine.
12 Apr 2019, 00:15 AM

I think they should get the Cav Rifle 'Covering Fire' ability.

It trashes the speed and damage of the targeted squad: it's like an infantry version of Button.

It'd give Ostheer something it desperately needs (a non-vehicular counter to CQC infantry like Shocks) without turning PGrens themselves into CQC powerhouses.
13 Apr 2019, 02:19 AM

Based on the test mod,I got some idea...
cost reduce to 280/30,but basic weapon change to AssaultGrenadines’s MP40,after Battle Phase 2 can upgrade 4xSTG44 for 60 ammo,as some commander,also can upgrade G43
I think this change can make G43 upgrade for PG more useful,and have some reasons reduce training and reinforcement cost,also can avoid problem that PG too strong when they face infantry in early time
13 Apr 2019, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2019, 00:15 AMLago
I think they should get the Cav Rifle 'Covering Fire' ability.

It trashes the speed and damage of the targeted squad: it's like an infantry version of Button.

It'd give Ostheer something it desperately needs (a non-vehicular counter to CQC infantry like Shocks) without turning PGrens themselves into CQC powerhouses.

Is that ability even useful? Because as far as I remember it trashes your cav rifles damage and speed too, even more so than the other squad.
13 Apr 2019, 05:50 AM

PG 4.0 change is not good

The problem of PG is not build timing

grenadier is more cheap, utility and have long range weapon

just reduce some price and add LMG upgrade (need unlock phase 2)
13 Apr 2019, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 05:50 AMblancat
PG 4.0 change is not good

The problem of PG is not build timing

grenadier is more cheap, utility and have long range weapon

just reduce some price and add LMG upgrade (need unlock phase 2)

Kind of awful change would that be?
Might as well remove them instead of making them grens 1.5
13 Apr 2019, 07:01 AM

Kind of awful change would that be?
Might as well remove them instead of making them grens 1.5

so build more gren 1.0

4.0 change is terrible
13 Apr 2019, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 07:01 AMblancat

so build more gren 1.0

4.0 change is terrible

Says you. They are more accessible and more role oriented than they ever have been. The fact that you think giving them an mg42 is the way to "fix" them says you have not even the foggiest clue as to how they are supposed to be used or what their job is even supposed to be.
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 16
United Kingdom 47
unknown 6
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias