Login

russian armor

Commander abilities fail to work constantly!

30 Sep 2013, 08:15 AM

In a multiplayer game with four buddies on voice comms and tons of munitions I had my friend recon a howitzer.

I waited with the Stuka dive bomb ability selected for the plane to fly over where I knew the howie to be and reveal the fog so I could drop the run.

The recon plane revealed the howitzer and I clicked the map and heard the audio confirmation "Stuka dive bombing commencing!"...nothing, no plane no bomb.

So again I selected the ability off the commander panel and dropped the bomb run as the territory was still revealed. I once more heard an audio confirmation and once more nothing.

Then I wait for the plane to again reveal the territory.

This process continued until the plane had run out of its timer and I never once, over 5 attempts, dropped a Stuka run. Our team had to wait until the plane was off cooldown and another teammate and I both dropped our Stuka runs on it to ensure we'd get the thing.

I watched this process play out once more that game as I attempted to bomb a grouping of tanks that our team was revealing through unit vision. Twice I had to drop that run to get it to work.

This has happened numerous times before in other mp games. I jump the map to a target, drop my ability, jump the map away to micro only to never see my ability activate. My friends tell me me this isn't uncommon for them either.
30 Sep 2013, 08:37 AM

Was a blizzard present?
30 Sep 2013, 08:48 AM

No, had that been the case then the ability itself would be grayed out and unselectable.
30 Sep 2013, 09:30 AM

I have never experienced this problem actually so I'd say constantly is an exaggeration.
30 Sep 2013, 09:39 AM

i know what hes talking about. it happens frequently with scout planes, but only if its on the very edge of its sight. it happens when you only have vision for a split second. try aiming the recon plane a bit better so it keeps sight on your target longer.

i think it might be an input lag issue. when you click you have vision, when the command goes through you dont.
30 Sep 2013, 09:55 AM

Never had anything like this happen to me.

Sometimes if you click a strike just as you are losing sight on the target it doesn't drop, maybe that's what happened. Otherwise can't say I've experienced it in approximately 500 games.
30 Sep 2013, 11:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yeah I have this all the time when my buddy uses the recon plane and I want to drop heavy artillery. The worst part is that the voice line starts playing (Stuka inbound or whatever) but no flares get dropped. Then the recon plane gets shot down and the game robbed you from doing heavy damage.
I guess it has to do with command lag, but why does the audio cue play then...
30 Sep 2013, 11:53 AM

It has happened to me in the past, never really gave it much thought tbh.
30 Sep 2013, 12:17 PM

Yes, this happens with all kinds of area impacting off-map weapons. And it's not only Associated with the recon-run.

As allready indicated by others, the problem is that entire area revealed is not eligible for the use of the weapon. The eligible zone is narrower than the visible zone, if you get my point?

So try not to launch your weapon near the edges of the revealed area, but well within the visible area.

Btw.: I don't think you get robbed of the ammo anyway if the plane doesn't actually strike.
30 Sep 2013, 16:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Input lag...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment