Login

russian armor

[Proposal]Bring B4 back to the game

16 Mar 2019, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 09:55 AMVipper
One could simply have 2 fire modes direct and indirect.

Direct fires AP rounds to low range indirect fires HE.

Instead of suppression I suggest "shell shock" a critical that reduces the DPS of the unit affected. (same goes for ST).

Direct hit could cause vehicles critical like driver injured gunner injured instead.

The unit then could have utility instead of raw fire power.

This is a pretty good idea. No one wants the one-shotting B4 back and adding utility would be a good workaround.
16 Mar 2019, 18:21 PM

The problem is not with the unit but who uses it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPOJfIt-x8

No, i dont like the B4 idea, stop wanting 4s to become more arty fested cancer OP. Demanding USF arty failed, now you want SU to go overpowered
16 Mar 2019, 18:30 PM

No, i dont like the B4 idea, stop wanting 4s to become more arty fested cancer OP. Demanding USF arty failed, now you want SU to go overpowered

Too bad he didn't show all the shots that missed. I can try an pull up the video of the puma OHK an entire captain squad but I know that RNG is RNG and unit that is nothing but RNG is not a good unit to play against or play with.
You are reading that they want to buff but not how. It's assumed that any changes should come with counter nerfs. Consistency instead of RNG game changers.

A wide AOE will ensure that it can actually do its job even on a near miss, the counter would be probably a damage reduction that means it can't OHK a tank with a good hit. Consistency is key for balancing a unit and like it or not the unit is here, and needs to be useable but also enjoyable for both sides.
17 Mar 2019, 02:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I would be for making its shell like the Sturmtiger where it deals suppressions/added effects to targets in the area and maybe splitting the damage and adjusting the AOE so its 2 shell per shot. Makes it less of a bunker buster/line breaker compared to the ML-20, but it's much better at stopping troop movements/disabling active units.

It's too inconsistent in most cases and ML-20s are much better at shelling defenses.
17 Mar 2019, 03:14 AM

Well, we are proposing to reduce B-4 damage (like wiping all units) and giving it some utility by doing engine/weapon crit, stun or something like that, so precision won't be that necessary.
17 Mar 2019, 03:19 AM

The only more or less consistent way for B-4 to operate will be guided spotting. I mean, if a sniper gets an ability to spot for a B-4 and then give all the prior said reworks. If it keeps being so random spread to shoot its the same as it is now

Sniper used as an example. Cons should not be able to spot IMO.
17 Mar 2019, 21:46 PM

The only more or less consistent way for B-4 to operate will be guided spotting. I mean, if a sniper gets an ability to spot for a B-4 and then give all the prior said reworks. If it keeps being so random spread to shoot its the same as it is now

Sniper used as an example. Cons should not be able to spot IMO.

There's shocks in the commander. Could have ~"I&R shock trooos". But the B4 would need to be limited to 1 then for the sake of not Bing complicated.
18 Mar 2019, 04:53 AM

We got a problem here?
18 Mar 2019, 23:38 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for defamation.

Don't defame other users because you have a disagreement with them. If you find yourself using insults, take them out and convey messages concisely.
18 Mar 2019, 23:48 PM

All of these ideas are terrible.
19 Mar 2019, 00:26 AM

What about a forced retreat mechanic? This is VERY hypothetical but what if the b4 had a smaller kill radius, less scatter, and units that weren't killed but damaged were forced to retreat?

For vehicles their could be crits. Things like gun loader injured or turret jam. Not stuns or engine damage, because that could make it even stronger
19 Mar 2019, 00:30 AM

Could you make the targeting deploy red warning smoke, then make it accurate?

That way the opponent's tanks won't get OHKed with no warning, but the B4 can actually do what it's meant to do.
19 Mar 2019, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2019, 00:30 AMLago
Could you make the targeting deploy red warning smoke, then make it accurate?

That way the opponent's tanks won't get OHKed with no warning, but the B4 can actually do what it's meant to do.

I once proposed a sturmtiger esque "BOOOOOOOOMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm" when it fires. Combined with the long travel time it would sorta act like a mini stuka nuke.

But I've always said that if you got nuked by the old B4 it's because you let it happen or they predicted your movements. This new one is more RNG than nearly anything in the game and causes balance of power swings like nothing else and should probably get changed. Even delivering a sturmtiger shell more or less would be good.
19 Mar 2019, 00:50 AM

We got a problem here?

Not at all. I love your videos because yoy show the game can be funny. That was the point of quoting your video
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★