Login

russian armor

Bring USF Artillery inline with OKW

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
15 Mar 2019, 08:13 AM

Do you understand how strong it would be having literal arty AND recon in every commander?

Uhm... OKW has Infrared HT and Walking Stuka stock since day 1.
I kind of agree with OP, but replace M8 Scott with M4 Priest is also a fair option.
15 Mar 2019, 08:33 AM

Obers, KT and stuka? WTF!? I can still choose commander if I want uncounterable flares and wait? I almost forget I even have stock map hack IRHT . It is bullshit when you get everything and try to forbid your opponent to get something equivalent.
"Not just cherry pick what you want from other factions" is easy to say when you get everything already.

where is okw's mobile reinforcement? in a doctrine
where is their flamethrower? in a doctrine
where is their blob buster? non existent

some factions get some thing, others get different things. CRAZY right?
usf get FREE infantry squads
soviet have durable infantry
man for man ost infantry is incredible
brits can bolster their infantry as a 1 off
usf gets to crew repair
soviet get the best light tank
ost gets bunkers
brits get on field weapon rack/healing/ arty call in reinforcment points

everyone gets something. OKW has powerful but expensive units. adapt. i know its been years since they were released and those elements have been nerfed alot over the years but i have faith in you, you can figure out how to manage against 2 OHK halftracks and the single most expensive unit in the game.
15 Mar 2019, 08:36 AM

Uhm... OKW has Infrared HT and Walking Stuka stock since day 1.
I kind of agree with OP, but replace M8 Scott with M4 Priest is also a fair option.

stuka=/= priest. durability for one, is quite different, second there is range, third is the fact that the OKW was designed with the stuka in mind and having it as support, usf was not designed to have a fucking mobile howitzer in their lineup
15 Mar 2019, 09:27 AM

Sorry, your argument is invalid and just support another fact that OKW has even more better stuffs than USF.

Then surely the straightforward solution is just play OKW? If your playstyle relies on big artillery vehicles, USF really isn't the faction pick.
15 Mar 2019, 09:40 AM

Sure, when OKW gets a designated AI vehicle and vehicle crews, smoke shells, HE rounds on p4.... that kind of stuff.

Doesn't OKW have emergency smokes that are faster to deploy than Sherman smokes?
15 Mar 2019, 09:42 AM

You simply can't explain why OKW should have Lefh suddenly

Uhm, but there is a very good reason for it. OKW has to face UKF's sim city. The LeFH is the only effective counter to it. The Stuka is not effective against emplacements spam.
15 Mar 2019, 09:50 AM

Doesn't OKW have emergency smokes that are faster to deploy than Sherman smokes?

It doesn't.
15 Mar 2019, 10:01 AM

Uhm, but there is a very good reason for it. OKW has to face UKF's sim city. The LeFH is the only effective counter to it. The Stuka is not effective against emplacements spam.

That's why I said that is extra care for axis player when USF have to deal with OKW simcity with AT and pack howitzer only for many years without any balance team cares, but OKW players refused to learn hence they got Lefh for them to easy counter British simcity within a year. Not to mention the OKW simcity is still very solid and become better after serveral nerf on the British one and buff to ISG.

Also, not to mention there is no British stuka in stock to immediately destroy all your team weapons that try to destroy their sim city.
15 Mar 2019, 10:16 AM

What? The USF has the Priest to deal with OKW "emplacements", just like OKW has the LeFH. There is Major arty. There are several doctrines with good enough off-maps to kill Pak 43s. The Pack Howitzer easily deals with the lighter emplacements. If you struggle with emplacements as USF, it's a l2p issue. The tools are there.

The buff to the ISG did not do anything to change its effectiveness against emplacements. It only touched its anti-infantry damage.
15 Mar 2019, 10:29 AM

What? The USF has the Priest to deal with OKW "emplacements", just like OKW has the LeFH. There is Major arty. There are several doctrines with good enough off-maps to kill Pak 43s. The Pack Howitzer easily deals with the lighter emplacements. If you struggle with emplacements as USF, it's a l2p issue. The tools are there.

The buff to the ISG did not do anything to change its effectiveness against emplacements. It only touched its anti-infantry damage.

Sorry, but the tools you mentioned is not always there as USF since they lock behind some commander. Therefore I just request to make it always there to let your statement become real.

Yup, I am struggling to deal with heavy simcity of OKW in team game when I have chosen a commander without priest or calliope. I really hope l2p can solve my problem but I find that only learn to choose infantry company everytime can solve my problem which makes me feel unfair when OKW players are not limited to a single/two commander to be playable.

The price reduction on ISG is quite significant a buff to counter emplacements.
15 Mar 2019, 10:37 AM

Sorry, but the tools you mentioned is not always there as USF since they lock behind some commander. Therefore I just request to make it always there to let your statement become real.

Yup, I am struggling to deal with heavy simcity of OKW in team game when I have chosen a commander without priest or calliope. I really hope l2p can solve my problem but I find that only learn to choose infantry company everytime can solve my problem which makes me feel unfair when OKW players are not limited to a single/two commander to be playable.

The price reduction on ISG is quite significant a buff to counter emplacements.

5 out of 8 commanders have tools to deal with emplacements. + There are stock options like pack howitzer, mortar and M8 Scott.
15 Mar 2019, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 10:37 AMFarlon

5 out of 8 commanders have tools to deal with emplacements. + There are stock options like pack howitzer, mortar and M8 Scott.

Sorry, but they are not equivalent when compare to stuka. Pack howitzer and mortar and M8 Scott are serving the same purpose at different stage only. All of them are needed to hold the line with sight for a long time to maximize their output. With such kind of nature and relatively short range, they are risky to use and can be easily countered by a push. It is just as simple as you won't think bazookas can replace a jackson because they both serve a different purpose, right?
15 Mar 2019, 10:54 AM

stuka=/= priest. durability for one, is quite different, second there is range, third is the fact that the OKW was designed with the stuka in mind and having it as support, usf was not designed to have a fucking mobile howitzer in their lineup

said by thedarkarmadillo which is not a designer of coh2.
15 Mar 2019, 11:04 AM

The Stuka doesn't deal with emplacements, not with Brace. You need sustained direct or indirect fire to take them out. That's LeiGs usually from OKW.
15 Mar 2019, 11:06 AM

Sorry, but they are not equivalent when compare to stuka. Pack howitzer and mortar and M8 Scott are serving the same purpose at different stage only. All of them are needed to hold the line with sight for a long time to maximize their output. With such kind of nature and relatively short range, they are risky to use and can be easily countered by a push. It is just as simple as you won't think bazookas can replace a jackson because they both serve a different purpose, right?

Stuka can be just as easily countered by slightly moving. And it's not that lethal either, you need to score really direct shots to kill models.
15 Mar 2019, 11:08 AM

where is okw's mobile reinforcement? in a doctrine

T2 medic station in stock is the equivalent that serve the purpose of on field reinforcement.

where is their flamethrower? in a doctrine

USF is being the same.

where is their blob buster? non existent

Both Isg, stuka serve the purpose of blob buster. Isg is a equivalent of mortar and pack howitzer with different price and performance

some factions get some thing, others get different things. CRAZY right?
usf get FREE infantry squads
soviet have durable infantry
man for man ost infantry is incredible
brits can bolster their infantry as a 1 off
usf gets to crew repair
soviet get the best light tank
ost gets bunkers
brits get on field weapon rack/healing/ arty call in reinforcment points

everyone gets something. OKW has powerful but expensive units. adapt. i know its been years since they were released and those elements have been nerfed alot over the years but i have faith in you, you can figure out how to manage against 2 OHK halftracks and the single most expensive unit in the game.

I can sure the list of OKW get some thing (IN STOCK) will simply be the longest when compare to other faction, but that's not the point I want to debate with you.

Just show me a stock unit of USF that can be a equivalent when compare to stuka while serving the same purpose. The definition of serving same purpose would be a unit with a powerful barrage that can deal a lot of output in a short time to an area without the need to holding the line and is devastating enough to kill a team weapon with a salvo if it hits while keeping itself in a relatively safe distance which can't be return fire by mortars. If it exists, I will be convinced. Be careful, priest is not a stock unit although it fulfill the role above.
15 Mar 2019, 11:11 AM

Just show me a stock unit of USF that can be a equivalent when compare to stuka while serving the same purpose. The definition of serving same purpose would be a unit with a powerful barrage that can deal a lot of output in a short time to an area without the need to holding the line and is devastating enough to kill a team weapon with a salvo if it hits while keeping itself in a relatively safe distance which can't be return fire by mortars. If it exists, I will be convinced. Be careful, priest is not a stock unit although it fulfill the role above.

If you want nondoc rocket artillery, why are you playing USF?
15 Mar 2019, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 11:04 AMLago
The Stuka doesn't deal with emplacements, not with Brace. You need sustained direct or indirect fire to take them out. That's LeiGs usually from OKW.

You don't need to kill the emplacement directly with stuka. Just kill all the team weapons and engineer that protecting the emplacement with yummy experience, then an ATG or any kind of tanks can finish its job easily.
15 Mar 2019, 11:18 AM

You don't need to kill the emplacement directly with stuka. Just kill all the team weapons and engineer that protecting the emplacement with yummy experience, then an ATG or any kind of tanks can finish its job easily.

Not with the magic instarepair assembly it won't.

Stukas are good against team weapons because that's what rocket arty is for. Against Advanced Emplacement Regiment it's pretty terrible.
15 Mar 2019, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 11:11 AMLago

If you want nondoc rocket artillery, why are you playing USF?

I play soviet mainly. But I want my teammate become a bit more useful.
Axis always get nondoc rocket artillery no matter what kind of combination.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS