55%
18%
5%
18%
5%
Total votes: 22
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
14 Mar 2019, 22:38 PM

i believe the nerf hammer was too hard on the poor thing, the damage it does is similar to the katushya but has lower mid range damage and has a 0.5 reduce damage vs heavy cover, it's the only one to have it (all other have 1), but the bigger problem is the targeting circle, it's to big and it does not actually show where the rocket are gonna hit, the problem I believe is the distance ratio of a whopping 0.6 (all other have rocket art have 0.16) and the scatter angle of 15

To fix the unit I believe normalizing the ratio is the first step (if not 0.16 at least 0.2-0.3), then changing the angle to 12-13 would make it more consistent
maybe normalizing the cover damage to 1 too ? Or maybe 0.75 as is the only team weapon art (so no easy puma hunt)?

Here some img for what I mean the targeting circle doesn't actually show where the rocket hit, 1 at max range 1 at minimum (bigger than my resolution)

the blue dot is where I clicked, the red lines are the circle edge, u can see its worth jack shit as indication, in green I made the circle(?) of what the actual targeting circle should actually look like, so around half of what it shows
and yes I have a paint master degree thank you

here something vipper made so u can even better understand what I mean
14 Mar 2019, 22:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

For the price, and for the rockets fired, seems good to me. In reality it's actually pretty meh, but when you pay meh you get meh.
14 Mar 2019, 22:56 PM

yes but the targeting circle just doesn't show where they actually hit (my main problem)
at least make the circle work, it's especially more visible in the close range one as the targeting circle is pretty much the screen but it only hit the center
14 Mar 2019, 23:31 PM

My pain issue with the land mattress is its inability to relocate with any speed. By the time it finishes delivering its arduously slow barrage the enemy has often already dropped their own arty on it.

Often you have to recrew it between volleys so vet never accrues.

Not sure how this can be fixed though, perhaps make the volley fire faster but then it would make the unit potentially OP.
14 Mar 2019, 23:32 PM

i generally made this for a QOL change that is the stupid targeting circle then added the option to normalize the cover damage and the scatter a bit too
14 Mar 2019, 23:43 PM

Barrage speed is too slow
Also caliope barrage have same problem
14 Mar 2019, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 23:43 PMblancat
well that cause its dirty cheap
15 Mar 2019, 00:00 AM

For the price, and for the rockets fired, seems good to me. In reality it's actually pretty meh, but when you pay meh you get meh.

Hi.

Is this why the Calliope is so good?
15 Mar 2019, 00:06 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Hi.

Is this why the Calliope is so good?

480 HP btw

Hi <444>3
15 Mar 2019, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2019, 23:43 PMblancat

Being slow has it´s benefit of longer area denial

Maybe the crew should be more resiliant to counter barages, but otherwise, I think LM is cost effective and usually worth getting
15 Mar 2019, 12:59 PM

Being slow has it´s benefit of longer area denial

Maybe the crew should be more resiliant to counter barages, but otherwise, I think LM is cost effective and usually worth getting
yes but my main gripe is the targeting circle, I used the red to make u see the circle the game show and green to show u what it actually should look like
15 Mar 2019, 13:35 PM

yes but my main gripe is the targeting circle, I used the red to make u see the circle the game show and green to show u what it actually should look like

Oh, I didnt quite understand, but yeah that should be fixed too
Decieving UI is just plain stupid
15 Mar 2019, 13:43 PM

Oh, I didnt quite understand, but yeah that should be fixed too
Decieving UI is just plain stupid
to put it simply the targeting circle is too big for what it actually hits, u can clearly see it in the tactical map in the bottom left as it's bigger than my screen but the shoots obv don't go that far and mostly hit the center, with red I highlighted the existing targeting circle, while in green I made what it actually should look like
15 Mar 2019, 15:32 PM

It differently got nerfed slightly too hard like a lot of Brit units where it's in the "usable but will likely disappoint you" range. I think if you kept the scatter the same but changed the heavy cover modifier and maybe slighty upped the mid and/or far damage then it would be better.

The problem with it currently (for me) is that it's useful as an area denial or support weapon clump killer but the damage on the rockets are so low (until Vet 2) that even if you get lucky on the scatter that the lethality is so low that it's not worth it and it vets slowly as a result. So I think it's best to keep it a RNG machine but make it so that near misses actually mean something.
15 Mar 2019, 15:50 PM

It differently got nerfed slightly too hard like a lot of Brit units where it's in the "usable but will likely disappoint you" range. I think if you kept the scatter the same but changed the heavy cover modifier and maybe slighty upped the mid and/or far damage then it would be better.

The problem with it currently (for me) is that it's useful as an area denial or support weapon clump killer but the damage on the rockets are so low (until Vet 2) that even if you get lucky on the scatter that the lethality is so low that it's not worth it and it vets slowly as a result. So I think it's best to keep it a RNG machine but make it so that near misses actually mean something.
yes but what about the targeting circle ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★