Login

russian armor

Weekly Thread of team balance

14 Mar 2019, 19:26 PM

So 3v3 and 4v4 for allies is just spamming tank destroyers and artillery.
Infantry doesnt matter after 20 min for axis.
And the reason why? Most maps have so many empty points, which mean you can spam fuel caches in them.
So if you have 8 fuel caches + fuel point, you get 60 fuel every minute, which mean you can spam a tank every second minute.

Maybe we should remove fuel caches for the game, so 3v3 and 4v4 isnt a """"fest every game.
14 Mar 2019, 20:33 PM

Unless you talk about 2 premade teams going against each other with all 8 players being of similar skill, you can't really talk about balance in 4v4 as there is too many random factors from players alone.
14 Mar 2019, 20:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

tbh it's not surprising. TD spam is required because of the 960 HP non doc panther. The nondoc obers don't exactly encourage infantry play from allies either. And in turn because of TD spam you're required to callin a heavy TD to out range them. :new: Welcome to the meta
14 Mar 2019, 20:48 PM

I agree that big game balance is pretty hit-or-miss, but I would support scaling some things for game size.

For instance, faster CP gain for larger games, since it tends to be slower there. Maybe 15% for 3v3, 30% for 4v4.

Caches should also become more expensive with more teammates. Could go up from like 150 or 200 to 350.
14 Mar 2019, 20:50 PM

Also axis can as well spam panthers which can survive pretty much 3 vollies of 2 tank destroyers fireing at it and jadgtigers and elefants that can 2 shot tanks out of the reach of allies unless you arty. There is cheese equally on both sides
14 Mar 2019, 20:56 PM

Also axis can as well spam panthers which can survive pretty much 3 vollies of 2 tank destroyers fireing at it and jadgtigers and elefants that can 2 shot tanks out of the reach of allies unless you arty. There is cheese equally on both sides

Panthers have 960HP and die in 6 shots to the 160 damage tank destroyers. Firefly (200 dmg) kills them in 5 shots.

Jagdtiger and Elefant deal 300 damage per shot and can not two-shot medium tanks (640-800HP).
14 Mar 2019, 20:59 PM

Panthers have 960HP and die in 6 shots to the 160 damage tank destroyers. Firefly (200 dmg) kills them in 5 shots.

Jagdtiger and Elefant deal 300 damage per shot and can not two-shot medium tanks (640-800HP).

Yeah bit off, but still being able to tank even 2 vollies of at fire is quite strong. Elefant damage i forgot as it was "quite" recent.
14 Mar 2019, 21:32 PM

Many people once said to deflate resources for 3s and 4s. Maybe this way infantry game last longer and artyfest takes longer to install.

If you divde fuel income by 3 on 3s its already a big deal, same goes for 4s.

I really wonder how hard can it be to implement
14 Mar 2019, 23:45 PM

tbh it's not surprising. TD spam is required because of the 960 HP non doc panther. The nondoc obers don't exactly encourage infantry play from allies either. And in turn because of TD spam you're required to callin a heavy TD to out range them. :new: Welcome to the meta

Pretty much.

I love medium tanks, especially the sherman, but find myself having to have multiple Jacksons before anything else to keep the panthers at bay and try to finish them off before they vet up.

15 Mar 2019, 00:45 AM

So 3v3 and 4v4 for allies is just spamming tank destroyers and artillery.
Infantry doesnt matter after 20 min for axis.
And the reason why? Most maps have so many empty points, which mean you can spam fuel caches in them.
So if you have 8 fuel caches + fuel point, you get 60 fuel every minute, which mean you can spam a tank every second minute.

Maybe we should remove fuel caches for the game, so 3v3 and 4v4 isnt a """"fest every game.

While fuel is indeed important for teching and getting those first critical vehicles and tanks, late game fuel is not nearly as important. Manpower bottlenecks you severely as your income is reduced by your larger army size and you are constantly having to replace or reinforce your infantry squads team weapons and vehicles.

Infantry never loses importance but they do become more vulnerable to wipes later on. I've found that munitions caches are substantially more useful in team games than fuel caches. This is because the importance of munitions and munitions consumption rate never drops off with the exception of a couple soviet doctrines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★