Login

russian armor

Please give the MG42 back some bite and other musings

30 Sep 2013, 14:59 PM

While I agree that a vanilla unvetted MG requires a bit much on the babysitting end of things they seem to vet much faster since the suppression nerf and a vet1 and particularly vet 2 have adequate performance. While I agree a bit more suppression wouldn't hurt I still use them and they certainly perform well enough to get the job done.
30 Sep 2013, 15:08 PM

The problem with this community is that the best players never post their critical opinion of balance for whatever reason, they simply stop playing. The forums are more for a bunch of mediocre at best scrubbies to converse with each other.

It gets even better: The guy with most posts on this forum is a guy that doesn't actually play CoH2. He just theorycrafts, and spams the forums. Think he has like 1300 posts now, and 75 games played. Hilarious, isn't it?
30 Sep 2013, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 15:08 PMStoffa

It gets even better: The guy with most posts on this forum is a guy that doesn't actually play CoH2. He just theorycrafts, and spams the forums. Think he has like 1300 posts now, and 75 games played. Hilarious, isn't it?

Nullist - well over 1300 posts, every single one complaining about either a Soviet buff and Ostheer nerf or arguing with anyone who requests such a thing. Any posts not related to that are defenses of Ostheer if anyone thinks they might have OP units.

My guess is he doesn't play because he is too busy posting here.
30 Sep 2013, 16:04 PM

Dave, you are not good enough at this game to tell other people they are not good enough at this game.
30 Sep 2013, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 16:04 PMDanielD
Dave, you are not good enough at this game to tell other people they are not good enough at this game.

wow. i dont remember seeing your name anywhere in coh. And since its a relatively new game, that should be a big factor when we are talking about skill, not comments made by clowns like sevenfour, bigchunk1.
30 Sep 2013, 19:58 PM

Have you all even tried the mg42 post patch? Do you remember what mg42s were like in COH1? They work fine now and still do what they are supposed to, support infantry and lock areas down. I use mg42s every game I play as German and still get what I pay for.

Sure they can be flanked now but isn't that their design? You are trading firepower for a more unwieldy defensive unit. Gameplay is more interesting now; just be more careful with how you position them.
Define firepower? Because if thats what passes for firepower i want to trade back.
30 Sep 2013, 20:06 PM

Actually yeah it was you and if I recall correctly it was Slim who did 90% of the work in that game and all you did was spam Grens mortars and a FHT, lots of skills involved there. Anyway if the game is not good enough for an elitist like yourself, go back to Call of Duty where you belong.

Grens - P4 playa playa on the real. Didn't make one mortar that game.
30 Sep 2013, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2013, 16:04 PMDanielD

Unfortunately, I am.

Though that's just my opinion.
30 Sep 2013, 20:09 PM

never heard of him

darealslimshady would be the name to search.
30 Sep 2013, 20:15 PM

Is this a joke?

Learn to play? What is your rank? How many games have you played? Did you play VCoH?

The problem with this community is that the best players never post their critical opinion of balance for whatever reason, they simply stop playing. The forums are more for a bunch of mediocre at best scrubbies to converse with each other.

I should have never posted in the first place. The game blows anyways, enjoy.

im ranked 200-300 with both factions.
30 Sep 2013, 20:23 PM

I think they might have overnerfed the MG a bit to much. In my oppinion, charging an HMG head on should never be a viable tactic, though I have had several MGs rushed head on and molotoved. The best change from vCOH was the removal of "supersprint", and I really dont want that back.

I really dont get whats so hard about balancing the MGs though. They pretty much nailed it in vCOH, deadly head on and useless while outflanked. Why ruin something they nailed the first time arround.
30 Sep 2013, 20:31 PM

Yea my mg gets charged head on and displaced a little to often..! A slight buff wouldn't hurt.
30 Sep 2013, 20:34 PM
Benefactor 115

darealslimshady would be the name to search.

any other aliases?
30 Sep 2013, 20:40 PM

Darealslim shady was OK, he wasn't top 5 in the slightest though. I've played vs you a couple of times Dave and while you aren't terrible, you shouldn't be insulting other people's skills.

I would like the MG42 to be changed as well, but if you're going to throw in tons of condescending comments towards the dev team, it's unlikely that they'll read your post and take it seriously.
30 Sep 2013, 22:15 PM

I wouldn't insult others if the morons didn't just say "LOL L2P!!!!" out of their own ignorance.

Pretty sure last time I checked the coh leaderboard tyler (slim) was top 5 or at least top 10 as Axis. I haven't been on coh since coh2 came out though
1 Oct 2013, 00:22 AM

Right The overuse of rng criticals and the decreased suppression make it pretty easy to just walk up to an mg and throw a molotov - poof, gone.

I have to agree here.
This sort of thing pissed me off so much, that i had to resort to setting my MG42 to face those stupid conscripts. And WTF is this shit from having to move from molotov fire? It is cold, and it should only warm up models. Now I have to support useless MG with grens so it can't get flanked. Its just stupid
1 Oct 2013, 00:48 AM
1 Oct 2013, 01:30 AM

The problem with the MG is that its useless by itself.

Case and point: I was playing against a guy yesterday in a 1v1 who was completely ignoring a conscript unit. The conscript unit ran directly in front of my MG42 which sprayed it down twice. He finally got pinned by the third burst (at which point he finally started paying attention to his squad). However, by that point he was close enough to continue crawling a few more feet, toss a molotov, and force a retreat of my MG.

I think the MG42 was WAY over nerfed. I think the arch fix was fine, but the suppression the MG42 causes is way too nerfed. Squads running through red cover should be pinned by the second burst at the latest.

As far as the whole d*ck swinging contest goes. I think what Dave was trying to say is that when people who have been playing company of heroes probably as long as you've been alive, have constructive criticism about the game, it should be respected or at least considered.

RoMDarealslimshadY was the alias I went by on coh1. I was top 5 with both vCoH armies on the LOL Ladder. While I wasn't the best player ever, I certainly won WAY more than I lost vs top competition. While I haven't put nearly as much effort into coh2 (because it's LOL broken right now), if you haven't heard of me, chances are you didn't play coh1 very long (if at all).

/end d*ck swinging competition and resume constructive criticism about the game.
1 Oct 2013, 01:50 AM

The problem with the MG is that its useless by itself.

/end d*ck swinging competition and resume constructive criticism about the game.

As someone said, even if You were God of VCOH, saying stupid shit like that, is still stupid.

Mg42 is support weapon, and it shouldn't be used by itself. And walking up to Mg42 frontally and throwing molotov is just a lie (or once of bug)

If you are complaining about having one con unit draw fire while the other closes in on unsupported MG42. Please :blush:

I think the MG42 was WAY over nerfed. I think the arch fix was fine, but the suppression the MG42 causes is way too nerfed. Squads running through red cover should be pinned by the second burst at the latest.

that sounds like reasonable balance discussion. That can be reasonably discussed
1 Oct 2013, 03:11 AM

As someone said, even if You were God of VCOH, saying stupid shit like that, is still stupid.

Mg42 is support weapon, and it shouldn't be used by itself. And walking up to Mg42 frontally and throwing molotov is just a lie (or once of bug)

If you are complaining about having one con unit draw fire while the other closes in on unsupported MG42. Please :blush:

that sounds like reasonable balance discussion. That can be reasonably discussed

no what im complaining about is that conscript squads (even those running through red cover) often aren't suppressed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★