Login

russian armor

USF got too many buffs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
15 Mar 2019, 09:57 AM

You are clever to avoid something bad , but make no sense to draw the conclusion of USF is balanced. You can have all the tools you need as OKW without picking a commander but USF is simply a crippled faction if you don't pick a decent commander having other kind of infantries ,mobile rocket artillery or heavies.

You are being laughably biased. You are just cherry picking units to give a wrong impression. I'm not denying the USF lacks certain tools, they do. But OKW does lack some tools as well.

For example:

OKW lacks a proper 60 range reliable ATG. Rakettens are shite to use and the stealth creep cheese is their only saving grace (but they still suck for the job you really get them for).

OKW lacks a proper late game AI vehicle. The P4 is not reliable enough.

OKW lacks proper anti-tank infantry. The single schreck on the expensive Sturmpioneers is pretty garbage, and you need those units available for repairs anyway.

15 Mar 2019, 09:58 AM

volks get non tech grenade that denies cover, snare that is not locked behind vet, cheaper weapon upgrade that does not need visit in base and gives substansial dps increase without needing proper positioning (lmg rewuire being still and bars are best when getting close up to the enemy) and much cheaper mp and reinforce cost, which reduces severity of taking losses. I am not saying that volks are op, but flamenades and cheap cost do already put rifles on backfoot.

1 Bar does more max range DPS than 2x STGs. Just look at the stats. You are completly wrong when you think STG is better than Bar at range. Just for your information: at range 34 Bar does 3.819 DPS while one STG does 1.856. On top of that Riflemen have better RA at all vets than Volks. OKW snares are not locked behind vet but they are locked behind tech which is usually worse because it takes longer to get T1/T2 set up than getting mainline infantry to vet 1.

Yes they can upgrade their STGs anywhere but over the course of a game that´s almost completly irrelevant because you will have to retreat for heals and reinforcement from time to time no matter how a game goes.

Double Bar Riflemen eat STG Volks for breakfast, there is just no way to deny it. And it´s good like that because Riflemen are overall more expensive.

Especially in late game situations I also prefer regular nades over flame nades because of wiping potential and the lack of green cover.
15 Mar 2019, 10:00 AM

OKW lacks proper anti-tank infantry. The single schreck on the expensive Sturmpioneers is pretty garbage, and you need those units available for repairs anyway.

Which is why OKW should have gotten an AT-themed doctrine instead of "Grand Offensive". But whatever, a shiny Tiger Tank is probably just more attractive for the average COH2 player.
15 Mar 2019, 10:12 AM

Which is why OKW should have gotten an AT-themed doctrine instead of "Grand Offensive". But whatever, a shiny Tiger Tank is probably just more attractive for the average COH2 player.

By the looks of it, Panzerfusiliers are getting double Panzershrecks as an upgrade option next patch.
15 Mar 2019, 10:39 AM

You are being laughably biased. You are just cherry picking units to give a wrong impression. I'm not denying the USF lacks certain tools, they do. But OKW does lack some tools as well.

For example:

OKW lacks a proper 60 range reliable ATG. Rakettens are shite to use and the stealth creep cheese is their only saving grace (but they still suck for the job you really get them for).

OKW lacks a proper late game AI vehicle. The P4 is not reliable enough.

You simply have no idea what is actually "lacking" a tool. All the example you have just pointed out are performance issue only. But USF simply has no heavies that serve as a spearhead purpose or Mobile Rocket artillery that serve as a punishment tool for heavy static play in stock.
15 Mar 2019, 21:02 PM

The everlasting volks vs riflemen. How cliche.
Funny part is that USF has OP team weapons vs OKM and OP inf vs OST. Deny that.
And someone there was ranting about stuka wiping USF team weapons, of course! They are fat OP now the tech rework has settled down.
Finally 1v1 is what matters, 3s and 4s take but a secondary priority if not a forgotten todo list
15 Mar 2019, 21:03 PM

You simply have no idea what is actually "lacking" a tool. All the example you have just pointed out are performance issue only. But USF simply has no heavies that serve as a spearhead purpose or Mobile Rocket artillery that serve as a punishment tool for heavy static play in stock.

Want heavies to spearhead a pak wall? That doenst sound right.
If you really want heavies play OKM or SU
USF has a design, respect it or dont use the faction otherwise
15 Mar 2019, 21:05 PM

Take a moment to thunk, many allie fanboys could have raided the votes for grand offensive in order to deny something obviously lacking for OKM. (AT inf) because many got so butthurt of shrekvolks
15 Mar 2019, 21:08 PM

Finally 1v1 is what matters, 3s and 4s take but a secondary priority if not a forgotten todo list

I think the playerbase of 3v3 and 4v4 combined is roughly 7 times as large as the 1v1 playerbase. I don't think their game experience should be neglected.
15 Mar 2019, 21:12 PM

I think the playerbase of 3v3 and 4v4 combined is roughly 14 times as large as the 1v1 playerbase. I don't think their game experience should be neglected.

point is:
you can balance 4v4 perfectly if everyone has the same skill level. Thats (almost) never the case, because of 8 people involved, there will be skill gaps(and this skill gap has way more influence of the outcome of the game). that is the problem with 4v4.
15 Mar 2019, 21:21 PM

I think the playerbase of 3v3 and 4v4 combined is roughly 7 times as large as the 1v1 playerbase. I don't think their game experience should be neglected.

I agree with you, i really do. But there are only two points of view mutually exclusive each other.
If you take first priority 4v4, as bananaheld said, skill levels could never be balanced and game balance will suffer from that, take an example looking at nowdays MOBAs and MORPGs.
After that 1v1 get completely ruined by stale gameplays and the fun of pro players is taken away, because skill means less.
On the other side, 1v1 can be balanced, since it makes the scheme of the game simpler, but also other "not so frequent" units on 1s get automatically transported into the teamgames realm. Its a multi layer balance design, harder to pull off but actually more stable. People learn to play this way and the skill is rewarded
15 Mar 2019, 21:42 PM

You are clever to avoid something bad , but make no sense to draw the conclusion of USF is balanced. You can have all the tools you need as OKW without picking a commander but USF is simply a crippled faction if you don't pick a decent commander having other kind of infantries ,mobile rocket artillery or heavies. Yet, USF is still a bit crippled, because there has no commander have access to all these options which OKW comes with stock.

How does OKW get Snipers, t0 mortars, mg nests and fuel cashes?

Riddle me this, is the statement "OKW lacks a 60 range ATG" true or false?
15 Mar 2019, 21:55 PM

How does OKW get Snipers and fuel cashes?

Snipers and fuel caches arnt something you NEED. also with hyper cost effecient volks there leaves alot of mp free for snipers and caches. Wouldn't be good.
15 Mar 2019, 21:57 PM

Snipers and fuel caches arnt something you NEED. also with hyper cost effecient volks there leaves alot of mp free for snipers and caches. Wouldn't be good.

Neither does USF NEED a stock heavy or stock rocket arty.
15 Mar 2019, 22:51 PM

Double Bar Riflemen eat STG Volks for breakfast, there is just no way to deny it. And it´s good like that because Riflemen are overall more expensive.

For what you pay for rifleman they really should eat them even more. Look at how badly volks smack around cons over 10mp and 60 Muni. Hell if you include cons side tech volks are essentially cheaper and yet they own cons.

Meanwhile I invest 120 Muni on each, 300 mp and 30 fuel at the HQ, all for a squad that already costs more to buy and reinforce.

Maybe this is more a statement against conscripts than Rifleman. But all I know for certain is volks are too cost effective.
15 Mar 2019, 23:15 PM

Neither does USF NEED a stock heavy or stock rocket arty.

i agree. im not one arguing that they do.
15 Mar 2019, 23:33 PM

For what you pay for rifleman they really should eat them even more. Look at how badly volks smack around cons over 10mp and 60 Muni. Hell if you include cons side tech volks are essentially cheaper and yet they own cons.

Meanwhile I invest 120 Muni on each, 300 mp and 30 fuel at the HQ, all for a squad that already costs more to buy and reinforce.

Maybe this is more a statement against conscripts than Rifleman. But all I know for certain is volks are too cost effective.

Riflemen win against volks without upgrades too, they just obliterate them with upgrades and vet, and BARs cost 15 fuel 150mp to unlock.
16 Mar 2019, 00:14 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I mean you can't deny that the way these new commanders have gone through reworks, said shiny tank is probably gonna be omegastrong, or at least better than KT LUL
16 Mar 2019, 03:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 23:33 PMFarlon

Riflemen win against volks without upgrades too, they just obliterate them with upgrades and vet, and BARs cost 15 fuel 150mp to unlock.

Grenades+bars cost 300mp and 30 fuel added together. Unless you play OKW without using flame nades...

I didn't say rifleman don't beat volks. I said cons and volks are further apart in performance than volks and rifles, despite being much closer in cost. I don't know why you're telling me that Rifleman beat volks
16 Mar 2019, 03:53 AM

Grenades+bars cost 300mp and 30 fuel added together. Unless you play OKW without using flame nades...

And Surprise! UFS starts with 20 fuel to compensate.

Furthermore OKW has a more expensive tech tree, so the cost for flame grenades and STGs is rolled into it.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS