Login

russian armor

Vilshanka vs OKW

7 Mar 2019, 20:56 PM

ok guys, how on earth are you supposed to win vs OKW on that map? Flak trak covers south and mid vp is essentially right in front of their base. I can't hold 2 vps even if the opponent plays badly. OKW just turtles gets obers and gg. I think the only way is to destroy the flak truck which is impossible cuz the map is way too small so you can never really throw them off the map.

Strategic advice pls. No nub answers.
7 Mar 2019, 20:57 PM
7 Mar 2019, 21:03 PM
7 Mar 2019, 21:06 PM

Another day, another post askin for advice without mentionin what faction they play as :loco:

But Ok, Ill try to give a general advice (that also works on other maps):
0) Do bunch up early. Like not blob, but keep troops close to each other
1)Identify his teching
2) Medical HQ means lack of hard-counters to support weapons and indirect fire, so make a hell-load of those, but of course keep infantry nearby
3) Repairs HQ means a possible stuka and also LVs, but lack of healing. Focus on ammo points rather than fuel, get weapon unlocks, do lots of baiting for flame nades, an AT gun and (situationaly) try to avoid gettin LVs yourself. Support weapons are still a good call, but not many of them

7 Mar 2019, 21:09 PM

Another day, another post askin for advice without mentionin what faction they play as :loco:

But Ok, Ill try to give a general advice (that also works on other maps):
1)Identify his teching
2) Medical HQ means lack of hard-counters to support weapons and indirect fire, so make a hell-load of those, but of course keep infantry nearby
3) Repairs HQ means a possible stuka and also LVs, but lack of healing. Focus on ammo points rather than fuel, get weapon unlocks, do lots of baiting for flame nades, an AT gun and (situationaly) try to avoid gettin LVs yourself. Support weapons are still a good call, but not many of them

faction is not relevant I thin. At least US and Sovs have a similar problem. I had the described issue 2 times so far. So admittedly not a lot of experience.

Edit: I don't need general advice. I need a specific late game playstyle to coutner turtling OKW for all the allied factions. Particularly as Soviet.
ddd
7 Mar 2019, 21:18 PM

OKW is the faction benefiting most from having all units in one place, you will try to concentrate your forces in one place and fight head on, you will lose to okw.

1)Identify his teching

You can safely bet he will go mechanized and if its needed, backteching to med truck is cheap af

You go team weapons heavy vs mechanized? Here go stuka with luchs and puma into command panther.

"Lack of healing"? You know sturms can drop med crates? And please dont act like okw is struggling with munitions, if not flame nades, you will get hit with 15 muni infiltration nades. Also good luck surviving as any allied faction against mechanized heavy build without light vehicle yourself.
8 Mar 2019, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2019, 21:18 PMddd

OKW is the faction benefiting most from having all units in one place, you will try to concentrate your forces in one place and fight head on, you will lose to okw.

You can safely bet he will go mechanized and if its needed, backteching to med truck is cheap af

You go team weapons heavy vs mechanized? Here go stuka with luchs and puma into command panther.

"Lack of healing"? You know sturms can drop med crates? And please dont act like okw is struggling with munitions, if not flame nades, you will get hit with 15 muni infiltration nades. Also good luck surviving as any allied faction against mechanized heavy build without light vehicle yourself.

0) I dont think so. If you split up, one squad gets forced off by sturms rush, while other 1vs1ed by kubel or slowed down by volks. Together, they prevent sturms from closin in and then, hopefuly duke it out against kubel or volks

1) The back tech would be around 60 fuel, that guarantees you either an edge in medium timing or a well timed (relatively to his vehicle arrival) heavy tank, if you can survive for a while on ATs only

2) Medical HQ is the one that doesnt have a stuka.
I kinda forgot about command panther and we can agree that its broken, at least the tech-bypass

3)Sturms drop 3 crates for 45 ammo (do I have the number right??). This creates massive strain on either the timing of his healing (he will often have to wait with a lone, low health squad in base for others to join in, or go unhealed) or his ammo. Affording the STG upgrade on all Volks AND tossing flame nades is difficult for him, if you have your ammo all the time and also occasionaly deny his.
We can agree that 15 muni infil nades are a BS.
Not getting LVs means that Puma will hardly pay for itself (even though its AI is great) and both Puma and Luchs (and partially even P4) can be kept in check by combos of handheld AT, AT guns and snares.

Just for the record, OKWs early game power is indeed pure BS, just saying that if you miracleously survive it, there is some good check-mating possible

If I remember and will have enough time, Ill try to provide some replays

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight