Login

russian armor

Why does the Firefly have to suck so much?

PAGES (11)down
9 Mar 2019, 20:43 PM

And what is it going to brawl against with that mobility and rate of fire? Luchs?
a brawler is a brawler, take hit and deal damage, if u meant hit-and-run like Jackson then it is not
9 Mar 2019, 20:47 PM

a brawler is a brawler, take hit and deal damage, if u meant hit-and-run like Jackson then it is not

No, brawler can take a hit and dish it out.
Panther is a brawler. Easy 8 is a brawler. T34/85 is a brawler. Comet is a brawler.
FF is just a slow firing TD with above average armor for allied TD standards. It'll be roflstomped even by P4 when it'll try to "brawl" against it, unless you'll be really lucky and score a deflect, but if you need luck for that, then you most certainly aren't looking at brawler unit.
10 Mar 2019, 00:09 AM

A PzIV firing on FF at range 40 while moving has 29% chance to score a hit and a 69% chance to penetrate.

Total chance to score a hit and penetrate is 20% (should be a bit higher due to collision hits.)

(edited correct range of PzIV thanks to Katitof)
10 Mar 2019, 01:26 AM

I specifically said all the side tech makes them comprable, but they do have an advantage if they want to rush and not upgrade anything else along the way

30 T1, 115 T2, 15 T1.5, 50 T2.5, Grenades 10, Weapons 15, Bolster 35. 270 - 20 initial = 250.

No they have the advantage period. You are being disengenous when you are trying to sneak the t2.5 cost into this conversation. Who gets hammer/anvil before getting a firefly?
10 Mar 2019, 01:34 AM

No they have the advantage period. You are being disengenous when you are trying to sneak the t2.5 cost into this conversation. Who gets hammer/anvil before getting a firefly?

If you're going Churchill - Firefly, you'd go Anvil » Churchill » Firefly.
10 Mar 2019, 02:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 01:34 AMLago

If you're going Churchill - Firefly, you'd go Anvil » Churchill » Firefly.

Yes that is true, but the original post was comparing croc and firefly to KT an insisting they had a similar tech cost
10 Mar 2019, 02:20 AM

I agree with insaneHoshi.
One thing is that Tech is needed.
Other thing is that its neccesary or recommended.
But here there is plenty of room to use a quick FF build if you have a teammate that gives a frontliner tank.
Sry to say that but as long as you CAN do it, you should PAY for it.
Otherwise imagine OKM being able to get KT just by building T4... That would be comparable to the current FF teching
10 Mar 2019, 03:31 AM

Yes that is true, but the original post was comparing croc and firefly to KT an insisting they had a similar tech cost

No it wasn't, that's just a convenient moving of a goalpost.

I said that a Croc and Firefly are 385 fuel. Which, as a raw fuel cost for the physical vehicles, is well in excess of a KT. It's a shit ton of fuel.

CP/Tech/Etc is circumstantial. It factors wait times and unlocks and all else. Yes, you can rush out a Firefly. No, you can't rush a Croc, it has a CP lock. Yes, rushing denies you a lot of upgrades an OKW players gets as they tech.

Doesn't matter.

If anybody wants to say 'oh being able to rush a FireFly is as impactful as a King Tiger' I can't stop them, but I am going to look down my nose at the suggestion that a FF has anything remotely similar to the field presence of a KT. Come on. Try harder.
10 Mar 2019, 07:31 AM

With the current state of UKF, a KT being snared by RE, can be KITED by a FF, thats pretty funny uh?
In other words a 155Fu can beat the crap out of the 280Fu KT costs (I dont remember Fu costs exactly tho)
If that is not impactful i dont know what is
10 Mar 2019, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 00:09 AMVipper
A PzIV firing on FF at range 45 while moving has 29% chance to score a hit and a 69% chance to penetrate.

Total chance to score a hit and penetrate is 20% (should be a bit higher due to collision hits.)

And there I was, thinking P4 firing at FF at 45 range while moving has 0 chance to hit and 0 chance to penetrate, because its range was 40.
10 Mar 2019, 10:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 10:12 AMKatitof

And there I was, thinking P4 firing at FF at 45 range while moving has 0 chance to hit and 0 chance to penetrate, because its range was 40.

Wow after you have posted hundreds of times with the single purpose of proving wrong, making hundred of mistake and false claims you managed to correct me on a value of range. Well done.

Thanks for the correction, now you can also correct you claim about how lucky one need to be not to take damage from a PzIV.
10 Mar 2019, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2019, 10:52 AMVipper

you managed to correct me on a value of range. Well done.
feels good
10 Mar 2019, 11:14 AM

With the current state of UKF, a KT being snared by RE, can be KITED by a FF, thats pretty funny uh?
In other words a 155Fu can beat the crap out of the 280Fu KT costs (I dont remember Fu costs exactly tho)
If that is not impactful i dont know what is

Well there's a totally reasonable argument. The KT can be snared, therefore a firefly (one of) is suddenly the same field presence as a KT.

A KT which can kill four models or more a shot, which has MGs, which has front armour through the roof and a HP pool to match.

But no, for sure, brits being able to field one slightly underwhelming TD that can't touch Infantry and has to constantly burn MU to stay relevent is totally the same. Absolutely.
10 Mar 2019, 12:22 PM

Well there's a totally reasonable argument. The KT can be snared, therefore a firefly (one of) is suddenly the same field presence as a KT.

A KT which can kill four models or more a shot, which has MGs, which has front armour through the roof and a HP pool to match.

But no, for sure, brits being able to field one slightly underwhelming TD that can't touch Infantry and has to constantly burn MU to stay relevent is totally the same. Absolutely.

Wow and this one takes the prize. The literal exaggeration in a single sentence. I wish KT were that good but alliebabies would be crying because of it all the time, oh wait it already happens. Brumbarr would be shadowed by KT with such AI potential...

But wait, theres more, its an exaggeration plus a victimhood message, quite confusing, if you mean by sensible meaning, its like you pretend to force someone to think like you, but no reason or watsoever.

Anyways i disagree.
10 Mar 2019, 13:41 PM

Wow and this one takes the prize. The literal exaggeration in a single sentence. I wish KT were that good but alliebabies would be crying because of it all the time, oh wait it already happens. Brumbarr would be shadowed by KT with such AI potential...

But wait, theres more, its an exaggeration plus a victimhood message, quite confusing, if you mean by sensible meaning, its like you pretend to force someone to think like you, but no reason or watsoever.

Anyways i disagree.

You confused what KT does when it hits with how often it actually hits.

I'll let you figure out yourself why its not accurate vs infantry anymore, but when it rolls jackpot and hits, its a squad wipe.
11 Mar 2019, 07:42 AM

KT is only uselfully when support by one..even better two full armys to safe it ..

That FF can be teched and build as the fastes and cheapest TD ingame...make the pricetag-discussion to a joke.
11 Mar 2019, 07:44 AM

KT is only uselfully when support by one..even better two full armys to safe it ..

That FF can be teched and build as the fastes and cheapest TD ingame...make the pricetag-discussion to a joke.

Cheapest TD? Isn't it the most expensive TD in the game?
11 Mar 2019, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 07:44 AMFarlon

it has the cheapest to tech and get costs...(60 range td)
11 Mar 2019, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 07:44 AMFarlon

Yes it is.
11 Mar 2019, 08:49 AM

i think he meant tech cost as it's only 30+110/120 (i don't fully rember)
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Germany 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak