Login

russian armor

Can we adjust the Scott already?

PAGES (8)down
3 Mar 2019, 16:23 PM

Stuka zu fuss is the ultimate counter to team weapons, because you never can move them in time. What is more, other types of rocket artillery have to shoot at minimal range to be sure they score a wipe against even a single team weapon. Stuka can and will score two at full range, even if your units are spaced out properly just because the line of fire is so long. That makes it the perfect counter to AT guns.

On the other hand mortrars, ISGs and scott can only damage team weapons, but not wipe them, because even if the owner of the weapon reacts after being hit for the first time, he still is going to easily pack up and save the squad. That makes a huge difference for veterancy and manpower cost of being shot at. What is more, the scott can't really engage AT guns, as it will be in their range when firing.

Comparison between Rocket artillery and Scott is misleading, they units work differently.

That is incorrect Scott can barrage ATG from outside the ATGs range. It can even circle strafe an ATG if it is unsupported.

And Scott has a kill radius of 1.27 compared to the 0 kill radius mortars have, it should had probably gotten the same nerf all mortars got.

3 Mar 2019, 16:28 PM

And what’s all the fuss about the fuss (puns intended)? It is a super expensive rocket arty that dies in 1 tank shot and is only reliable in countering emplacements or static weapon teams, you have to be deaf to not hear its firing sound. Seriously, just move your infantry a bit and most often it will end up creating cover, not wiping your men.
yeah u are so smart but try avoid stuka on maps like port hamburg or redball express and pls dont tell me game is balanced around 1vs1 bullshiet. Teamgames are big part of this game and i am sure this game is only alife because teamgames. Real cancer is rocket arty. Scott maybe is annoying but its not broken. Controling double scott its not easy trust me. Controling double stuka? 0 mico needed. I really like viper sugestion about mortar halftruck because the reason why teamgames are cancer artyfest is beacause too much factions has rocket arty. Only vanila factions should have it non doc. My opinion about scott? Leave it We have already faction witout indirect fire aka brits.
3 Mar 2019, 16:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 16:23 PMVipper

Comparison between Rocket artillery and Scott is misleading, they units work differently.

That is incorrect Scott can barrage ATG from outside the ATGs range. It can even circle strafe an ATG if it is unsupported.

And Scott has a kill radius of 1.27 compared to the 0 kill radius mortars have, it should had probably gotten the same nerf all mortars got.

Of course it is inaccurate. But you can't avoid the comparison when OP is forcing it. That is also why the main comparison is between stuka and other rocket artillery types.

As for countering AT guns, well it has barrage with better range but that has never done anything to an AT gun other than making it to reposition slightly. It won't kill the AT gun even if its owner sits there the whole barrage, which makes it pretty useless at countering them. The strength of the scott is its auto-fire and that is what I was refering to. Also, circle strafing AT guns is great when you are a sherman, but when you are a little paper ISG on wheels and will die to one or two shots it is quite an overextension.
ddd
3 Mar 2019, 16:41 PM

If you want to nerf scott, just remove it completly. Nobody will buy it if it doesnt provide enough adventage to compete with axis rocket arty in late game. You want to make it more like mortar? Cool, usf already has mortar, pack howi (oversized mortar) and mortar ht (mortar on wheels). If you want to make it into mortar on treads just remove it and leave 2 units in usf tier 3, axis spammers wet dream.
3 Mar 2019, 16:49 PM

Of course it is inaccurate. But you can't avoid the comparison when OP is forcing it. That is also why the main comparison is between stuka and other rocket artillery types.

As for countering AT guns, well it has barrage with better range but that has never done anything to an AT gun other than making it to reposition slightly. It won't kill the AT gun even if its owner sits there the whole barrage, which makes it pretty useless at countering them. The strength of the scott is its auto-fire and that is what I was refering to. Also, circle strafing AT guns is great when you are a sherman, but when you are a little paper ISG on wheels and will die to one or two shots it is quite an overextension.

Again you are incorrect the Scott has 400 HP and an ATG need 3 shot to kill it. In addition it has access to smoke,of the "free jail card"some people like to call it. It actually pretty difficult to lose a Scott to an ATG.
3 Mar 2019, 17:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 16:49 PMVipper

Again you are incorrect the Scott has 400 HP and an ATG need 3 shot to kill it. In addition it has access to smoke,of the "free jail card"some people like to call it. It actually pretty difficult to lose a Scott to an ATG.

Yeah, exactly. It has 400HP which means it dies to a light breeze. The fact that AT gun needs 3 shots is not really important as it is circle strafed in your example. So it is some, possibly heavy, TD that will shoot at the scott while strafing, or it will just simply hit a teller.
3 Mar 2019, 17:23 PM

Yeah, exactly. It has 400HP which means it dies to a light breeze. The fact that AT gun needs 3 shots is not really important as it is circle strafed in your example. So it is some, possibly heavy, TD that will shoot at the scott while strafing, or it will just simply hit a teller.

Ok if in your opinion 400 HP is a light breeze than rocket artillery with 160 HP dies to Spontaneous self combustion.

You are truing to described the Scott as a fragile vehicle, it is not. It actually one of the most difficult to kill indirect fire unit.

The Scott is extremely durable, very mobile while being more effective than the majority of "mortar" weapons having able to hit moving target and having a kill radius of 1.25.

In the latest patch it can also be protected by a wall of ATG, HMGs and strong infatry.
(Actually Scott is only one of the USF that need to be looked at, with the new faction tree)
3 Mar 2019, 17:40 PM

I keep reading people who say getting 2 of these is nasty. The only thing nasty here is the micro of the person using two scotts.

That's a lot of fuel AND attention being given to anti-infantry. It's not like a kv8 or Brumbarr that can tank shots, you have to babysit 2 really fragile units for this to work.

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 17:23 PMVipper

You are truing to described the Scott as a fragile vehicle, it is not. It actually one of the most difficult to kill indirect fire unit.

Yes it's very durable when compared to mortar half-tracks and werfers. What exactly is that saying? Not a whole lot.

3 Mar 2019, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 17:23 PMVipper

Ok if in your opinion 400 HP is a light breeze than rocket artillery with 160 HP dies to Spontaneous self combustion.

The Scott is extremely durable, very mobile while being more effective than the majority of "mortar" weapons having able to hit moving target and having a kill radius of 1.25.

In the latest patch it can also be protected by a wall of ATG, HMGs and strong infatry.
(Actually Scott is only one of the USF that need to be looked at, with the new faction tree)

Extremly durable? Come on. You can call KT durable (not extremely durable), an elefant, or IS-2. But definitely not the scott. If the scott is extremely durable then how do I describe an average medium like sherman or p4? Indestructible?
3 Mar 2019, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 15:15 PMVipper
Scott is not a mortar since the trajectory it uses and projectile speed allows the unit to hit even moving targets.

Why would anyone build a Scott if it didn't hit moving targets?

Nerf it and it's going in the forgotten scrapheap with comet and easy8. Most people already agree brumbar/dozer are much better units, Scott gets used less in comparison to those this patch and it's a core unit
3 Mar 2019, 17:56 PM

Extremly durable? Come on. You can call KT durable (not extremely durable), an elefant, or IS-2. But definitely not the scott. If the scott is extremely durable then how do I describe an average medium like sherman or p4? Indestructible?
vippers has an interesting way of looking at stats, according to him comet has superior vet and performance than panther.
3 Mar 2019, 18:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2019, 15:56 PMVipper

Again it is not mortar HT it far better vs moving targets and it allot tougher. The combination of of good damage output and tenacity is simply too high.

If you took 10s to read and understand before jumping to conclusions you would had read that i said: "IF you nerf the direct fire mode". I'm sure you know how low arc indirect fire units had been nerfed in the past and how they behave now.
If the units is not built and effective on direct fire mode, it might as well be a MHT on last tier. Which is why i said, it's probably better to go with the same type of nerf as the Brummbear received (lower range) but in a more drastic way, but improved and give more alternatives in the barrage department.

3 Mar 2019, 19:07 PM

Extremly durable?

Again it has 400 HP + smoke + it shoots over shot blockers with good range. Unless the USF player micros them very badly Scotts are almost impossible to kill if both sides have an equal army size and the opponent can´t completly overrun all your units with several tanks. The only really effective options to kill them are Ele with spotting scopes or Rak cheese.

I am not saying Scotts are generally OP by the way, just that it´s hard to counter them because of mobility, decent HP and smoke.
3 Mar 2019, 19:22 PM

In order for scotts to auto fire they shou ld be stationary or else they should have the crappiest accuracy ingame, and i mean it really bad like literally backfiring into your own base.
Now seriously scotts should ve stationary to auto fire with a moderately low setup time and have mobile barrage abilities that require micro.

People sayin that scotts are micro intensive is because they use them that way, like driving an ostwind between AT penals. Its no argument or whatsoever
3 Mar 2019, 19:32 PM

Comparing scotts to a IS2 or KT. Man! Really?
And then You won the internet most retarded sentence in a single strike!.
For real when my scotts get hit by any kind of AT, i simply take them back and use smoke to cover its retreat path or the attacker unit. It has an audio queue and everything. The only scott that dies to its "fragility" is the one who plays hero against a Pakwall.
Scotts are survival enough because of that 400HP vippen mentioned and its high mobility.
Scotts are nothing like sitting ducks like other long range mortars or howitzers
3 Mar 2019, 19:41 PM

If you took 10s to read and understand before jumping to conclusions you would had read that i said: "IF you nerf the direct fire mode". I'm sure you know how low arc indirect fire units had been nerfed in the past and how they behave now.
If the units is not built and effective on direct fire mode, it might as well be a MHT on last tier. Which is why i said, it's probably better to go with the same type of nerf as the Brummbear received (lower range) but in a more drastic way, but improved and give more alternatives in the barrage department.

The issue with making it a fuel based short-mid range barrage unit is it's going to suck just like the old sexton was before it was made into a priest unit (normal howitzer performance, long range).

If it can't deal with shreks or volks running at it the same way a Brum or dozer can then it's the old sexton all over again, current Scott is unique as you just trade that health and armour for smoke and speed. As such it's arguably a more skill intensive unit

With perfect micro a pair of Scott's can do more damage but only a handful of players in the game like Hans or DevM can make it work perfectly.
3 Mar 2019, 19:56 PM

Again it has 400 HP + smoke + it shoots over shot blockers with good range. Unless the USF player micros them very badly Scotts are almost impossible to kill if both sides have an equal army size and the opponent can´t completly overrun all your units with several tanks. The only really effective options to kill them are Ele with spotting scopes or Rak cheese.

I am not saying Scotts are generally OP by the way, just that it´s hard to counter them because of mobility, decent HP and smoke.
with your logic mobile wermaht mortar with smoke is imposible to kill because alies dont have raks or ele
3 Mar 2019, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

Of course. All indirect fire units are hard to kill when they use their range. And nobody says it is not the case. The problem is that vipper happened to mention that they are extremely durable, which has nothing to do with staying behind the lines, and that they are great at circle strafing AT guns, which is exactly how you throw a scott.

I'm not saying scott is right or wrong. I'm just saying it is not what some members in this thread belive it is.
3 Mar 2019, 20:32 PM

Of course. All indirect fire units are hard to kill when they use their range. And nobody says it is not the case. The problem is that vipper happened to mention that they are extremely durable, which has nothing to do with staying behind the lines, and that they are great at circle strafing AT guns, which is exactly how you throw a scott.

I'm not saying scott is right or wrong. I'm just saying it is not what some members in this thread belive it is.

Your definition of durable exceeds its normal values. Firstly you use it equally as tough, wich scotts are not, but secondly you ignore the facts that scotts have higher HP than any other mobile light arty. As for it takes 3 shots it means you have plenty of time to retreat, since the normal ambush uses 2 AT guns at most. Lastly because scotts have such a high performance in other role than their intrnded role (indirect fire cover) OP asked for a discussion. Not its durability, not his mobility, but its AI autoattack power. Nice derail there tho.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS