Login

russian armor

Pathfinders Spam Counter?

1 Mar 2019, 07:33 AM

I've been seeing this a lot, and I was wondering what's the best way to deal with 1-2 pathfinders and rifles? I've only been able to counter this with a double MG coverage since one just gets picked apart or your grens just get picked apart by some flanking ones. Trying to attack with them in green cover is also just suicide.
1 Mar 2019, 08:18 AM

Light tank and indirect fire because i use them a lot and they are 4 man wiht no snare so these things counter them espiecially in teamgames or bigger blob
1 Mar 2019, 08:45 AM

try fight in close range you'll outDPS them
1 Mar 2019, 09:32 AM

Do not use more than 1 HMG unless you have a commander with camouflage package. The Pathfinders will spot the MG long before they enter its arc of fire.

You gotta spam mainline infantry vs this strat and use cover a lot. Pathfinders suck vs cover. And try to rush light vehicle/ light tank
1 Mar 2019, 16:09 PM

Against normal pathfinders: try to force short range engagements, their double scoped rifles are terrible at short range.

Against IR pathfinders: only get 1 scoped rifle and 3 elite carbines, so they become dangerous at all ranges. Fight defensively around cover, use your hmg more agressively, upgrade lmg's and tech light vehicles.

Keep in mind that they get commando camouflage and extra range with vet, so be careful if you plan on going sniper.

Move team weapons ASAP if you see the IR arty smoke. You can't wait to listen if it's a decoy or real barrage, because it's already too late to pack up once you hear the shells.
2 Mar 2019, 00:15 AM

Against normal pathfinders: try to force short range engagements, their double scoped rifles are terrible at short range.

Against IR pathfinders: only get 1 scoped rifle and 3 elite carbines, so they become dangerous at all ranges. Fight defensively around cover, use your hmg more agressively, upgrade lmg's and tech light vehicles.

Keep in mind that they get commando camouflage and extra range with vet, so be careful if you plan on going sniper.

Move team weapons ASAP if you see the IR arty smoke. You can't wait to listen if it's a decoy or real barrage, because it's already too late to pack up once you hear the shells.

+1

I'm not 100% sure about this but I thought they only got the ambush camo type camo with vet, as opposed to commando camo which gives them 3 seconds of camo after they step out of cover (same as snipers). Paths have the kind that lets them move around when they're in cover and they'll still be camo'd but as soon as a majority of the squad steps out of cover the camo is off with vet, and at vet0, they just camo when stationary in cover. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That being said sniper is my go to counter to paths but paths are usf's best infantry counter to snipers XD I've killed a few using paths myself.
4 Mar 2019, 16:57 PM

I'm not 100% sure about this but I thought they only got the ambush camo type camo with vet, as opposed to commando camo which gives them 3 seconds of camo after they step out of cover (same as snipers). Paths have the kind that lets them move around when they're in cover and they'll still be camo'd but as soon as a majority of the squad steps out of cover the camo is off with vet, and at vet0, they just camo when stationary in cover. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yeah, you're right about the three camo types.

Paths have ambush camo at vet 0 and commando camo at vet 3, I was surprised about this myself. Maybe it got changed some time to be like that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 18
Germany 14
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %