Login

russian armor

WARSAW - new turn-based tactical rpg

28 Feb 2019, 09:29 AM

WARSAW is an upcoming “turn-based tactical rpg” set during the Second World War. Obviously there’s a big Darkest Dungeon influence here, not just from the genre but the art style as well.

Link to article.

28 Feb 2019, 09:54 AM

Looks cool but i am sure most people from west europe didn't know what warsaw uprising was or americans who even dont know where Poland is so i dont think this game will be popular maybe only in Poland
28 Feb 2019, 11:32 AM

- Sounds interesting. I'd get it.
- I don't just get games because they are popular.
I get them because I'd enjoy them.

Else, we'd all uninstall every game and exclusively play Fortnite.
Checking the top world game daily to see if we need to uninstall and
play Kitty's Island Adventures or something ;)
ie: Lemmings.
1 Mar 2019, 22:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Guys what are those orbs at the sides of their nose!?

The very idea of them doing something like implementing cover and flanking in a 2D turn-based game alone makes me hopeful this will be quite an interesting game with an obvious inspiration rather than, well, a setting-shifted ripoff.
15 Mar 2019, 12:03 PM

Looks cool but i am sure most people from west europe didn't know what warsaw uprising was or americans who even dont know where Poland is so i dont think this game will be popular maybe only in Poland

well it's not exactly a triple A game, so they don't necessarily need to get the entire world on board to get their finances in the black.
15 Mar 2019, 21:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

well it's not exactly a triple A game, so they don't necessarily need to get the entire world on board to get their finances in the black.

And it is Poland, so they just need to afford potatoes around there anyway.

...yeah, that was awful, I don't really know any racist jokes on the Poles.
15 Mar 2019, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2019, 21:25 PMVuther

And it is Poland, so they just need to afford potatoes around there anyway.

...yeah, that was awful, I don't really know any racist jokes on the Poles.

Yeah you probably need to polish your Polish jokes a bit more for them to be spot on ;) Get it? polish? the verb? Yeah mine need some work to...

It used to be so easy slagging of Polish people as being sluggish and primitive, but these days they are honestly pushing out some of the best games both in the triple A genre like Witcher 3 and in the indie genre like Frostpunk and This war of mine.

Go back to being good joke material Poland (just kidding! Please don't stop pushing out amazing games!)
16 Mar 2019, 13:00 PM
Donator 11

snip

Please, this isn't really a place for politics. People come here to have fun and talk about games.
18 Mar 2019, 10:36 AM

Yeah you probably need to polish your Polish jokes a bit more for them to be spot on ;) Get it? polish? the verb? Yeah mine need some work to...

It used to be so easy slagging of Polish people as being sluggish and primitive, but these days they are honestly pushing out some of the best games both in the triple A genre like Witcher 3 and in the indie genre like Frostpunk and This war of mine.

Go back to being good joke material Poland (just kidding! Please don't stop pushing out amazing games!)

======

I agree with everything you just said.
And yea, they do push out some great games. I'm pleasantly impressed :)
26 Mar 2019, 06:24 AM

Poland is above and to the right of germany
26 Mar 2019, 10:59 AM

Poland is above and to the right of germany

So which German city sees Poland to the South West ? :)
26 Mar 2019, 19:22 PM

So which German city sees Poland to the South West ? :)

???? I don’t know
27 Mar 2019, 11:09 AM

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/danzig
Danzig.

German City Danzig taken from Germany in 1919 after WW1.
Given free status and... put on north east of Poland. To punish
Germany. It included some 200 German villages and towns. Hitler's
desire to reunite Germany included taking Danzig back...by going
through Poland.

- They also claimed Poland fired first. Which was a lie.
A fascinating story in itself.

After World War II, Danzig and its environs became part of Poland. The German population either fled or was expelled. The Poles renamed the city Gdansk.

27 Mar 2019, 11:51 AM

or americans who even dont know where Poland is

:lol:

looks cool for me this game :)

27 Mar 2019, 16:50 PM
Donator 11

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/danzig
Danzig.

German City Danzig taken from Germany in 1919 after WW1.
Given free status and... put on north east of Poland. To punish
Germany. It included some 200 German villages and towns. Hitler's
desire to reunite Germany included taking Danzig back...by going
through Poland.

- They also claimed Poland fired first. Which was a lie.
A fascinating story in itself.

After World War II, Danzig and its environs became part of Poland. The German population either fled or was expelled. The Poles renamed the city Gdansk.

Actually, it is more of a polish city. The city was founded in 997 under polish rule and it stayed like that for first 300 years of its existance, to be then ruled by german teutonic order for next 150 years and come back to the polish crown for another 300 years. In fact in its whole over 1000 years history, the city was under polish rule for more than 700 years and under german one for less than 300.

The name thing is actually the other way round. The german word "Danzig" is simply the way germans written the original name of the city, which was "Gdańsk" ever since the city was founded.

A better choice would by the city of Königsberg (currently Kalinigrad or Калининград), which was also conquered by the teutons, but it was under german rule for much longer than Gdańsk was. It was also not founded by the germans, but from old prussians, indigenous people of the region who disappeared through the ages and who never had a chance to get it back under their rule.
2 Apr 2019, 10:24 AM

Actually, it is more of a polish city. The city was founded in 997 under polish rule and it stayed like that for first 300 years of its existance, to be then ruled by german teutonic order for next 150 years and come back to the polish crown for another 300 years. In fact in its whole over 1000 years history, the city was under polish rule for more than 700 years and under german one for less than 300.

The name thing is actually the other way round. The german word "Danzig" is simply the way germans written the original name of the city, which was "Gdańsk" ever since the city was founded.

A better choice would by the city of Königsberg (currently Kalinigrad or Калининград), which was also conquered by the teutons, but it was under german rule for much longer than Gdańsk was. It was also not founded by the germans, but from old prussians, indigenous people of the region who disappeared through the ages and who never had a chance to get it back under their rule.

Never heard that.
You learn more every day.

Thank you.

Yea, I knew about teutons.
And "Danzig" is important, as it is an important part of the rationale of Hitler for invading Poland :
"Re-unite Greater Germany". - And as a result : Soviet rationale for invading Poland. Especially at the same time.

One thing I find very very odd.

Britain and France said they would declare war if Poland was attacked.
Germany : Britain and France declared war against Germany.
Soviet Union : Nothing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 149
unknown 4
unknown 1
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L