Login

russian armor

Discuss for the votes

PAGES (11)down
2 Mar 2019, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You know I actually predicted that the initial USF mortar addition would be a complete disaster. I made a post about it well before it was on the live patch. And I was right.

You can't predict something you don't know anything about. That's just wild guessing.
Guys, half the new commanders will be OP, the other half will be unused and niche. There we go.

From what I understand Relic switched up the stats to be a copy of the AA mortar the day before patch after the balance team was testing a different mortar in the balance preview.

On top of giving it better vet than any other mortar (vet1 reducing scatter).
On top of "fixing" veterancy on mortars to apply their bonuses to their AA. Everyone basically had higher range 120mm mortars when vetted.
On top of having obnoxious bugs the first week it was released (tracking through FoW, exponentially reducing scatter through vet, etc.)

2 Mar 2019, 09:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

2 Mar 2019, 09:49 AM

Haters gonna hate. Don't let these people pull you down and continue your good work.
2 Mar 2019, 13:38 PM

You know I actually predicted that the initial USF mortar addition would be a complete disaster. I made a post about it well before it was on the live patch. And I was right.

Quite remarkable that you managed to predict that Relic would implemented the wrong unit at the last minute instead of the one that was being tested. Have you ever considered a career as a psychic?
3 Mar 2019, 16:41 PM

Well, in defense of normalcy a lot of things initially introduced into this game could legitimately qualify as disasters.
3 Mar 2019, 20:42 PM

Now returning on topic i think usf commander focused on urban combat maybe should have rangers. Rangers could use some adjustment imo because they are a bit niche unit. 400 mp for cqc unit at 3cp when you have already enough rifles. I think they could use some additional upgrade choices to allow a bit more creativity in their usage.

Id like to have them either long range package with one m1919 or maybe bolt action rifles with good long range damage and supplementing ability like volley fire or such. Second would be tank hunter kit simular to paratrooper support squad with stonger bazooka and something like camo or mines. I also like idea of white phosphorous bazooka i have seen in spearhead mod, having single bazooka upgrade that can fire wp rocket to wanted location for munition cost (every rocket being wp would likely overperform)

I also think 1-3 cp satchel charge for rifles could work in commander as well.
4 Mar 2019, 00:52 AM

Now returning on topic i think usf commander focused on urban combat maybe should have rangers. Rangers could use some adjustment imo because they are a bit niche unit. 400 mp for cqc unit at 3cp when you have already enough rifles. I think they could use some additional upgrade choices to allow a bit more creativity in their usage.

Id like to have them either long range package with one m1919 or maybe bolt action rifles with good long range damage and supplementing ability like volley fire or such. Second would be tank hunter kit simular to paratrooper support squad with stonger bazooka and something like camo or mines. I also like idea of white phosphorous bazooka i have seen in spearhead mod, having single bazooka upgrade that can fire wp rocket to wanted location for munition cost (every rocket being wp would likely overperform)

I also think 1-3 cp satchel charge for rifles could work in commander as well.

Just for the record, Ass Engies are the more urban suited squad because of their flamethrowers and satchels Imo, also ability to build.

But yes, Rangers are a better CQC unit and your idea for them sounds interesting.
9 Mar 2019, 17:47 PM

I would like to point out that imo certain combination of abilities should be avoided for the new commanders. (and they should gradually be removed by older commanders)

For instance it has been suggested for the OKW Paks and Tiger should be available and for the Soviet CommanderT-34/85 should be available with ML-20.

Imo these combination should be avoid because the OKW will have both superior AT and Superior AI with the Tiger and Soviet will have both superior armor and superior indirect fire support.
10 Mar 2019, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2019, 17:47 PMVipper
I would like to point out that imo certain combination of abilities should be avoided for the new commanders. (and they should gradually be removed by older commanders)

For instance it has been suggested for the OKW Paks and Tiger should be available and for the Soviet CommanderT-34/85 should be available with ML-20.

Imo these combination should be avoid because the OKW will have both superior AT and Superior AI with the Tiger and Soviet will have both superior armor and superior indirect fire support.

Exactly how I feel.

Especially when some of these commanders offer really nothing new or different to the table, and are just rehashes and combos of old abilities that are already available for the faction through other commanders. The whole point of these new commanders was to have the opportunity to take existing aspects/units/abilities and add them to other factions (i.e. Panzerbuchse to Germans, para ability for Soviets, British assault squad with Tommy guns, OKW Tiger I call-in.)
12 Mar 2019, 19:35 PM

12 Mar 2019, 20:04 PM

I propose to take for the Soviet Guards paratroopers - a conscripts skin and guard voices, according to the memories of paratroopers of the 3rd and 5th Guards airborne brigades participating in the Dnieper operation, they jumped in standard infantry form. Standard infantry uniform - conscripts uniform.
12 Mar 2019, 20:15 PM

so as the urban assault tactics appereantly won on the side of usf (and for the others as well) we should start to discuss now more in depth what we would potentially have in them and improve some existing units possibly if they end up in them. I personally think at least for the urban assault tactics, it should have either rangers or calliope. Calliope just is straigth out bbad atm and while rangers are very strong with thompsons, they are incredibly onedimensional with only point getting them is the thompsons. Additional weapon upgrade could be useful for them so they would have more uses. Also i still really wish for rifle satchel charges.

As for grand offensive for okw i think it could contain panzerfussiliers so they could get some proper use outside just volks replacement at 2cp.

12 Mar 2019, 21:16 PM

Calliope just is straigth out bbad atm

Make it an upgrade to base Shermans, tie it in with tech and give the Calliope it's main gun like it was back in the CoH1 days before it was changed.
12 Mar 2019, 21:23 PM

I am not very happy with the results of the Soviet commander votes.

Airborne maybe fun to play, but it lacks the proper tools (T34-85/offmap bombing) to win against Axis in late games.

I would like to see if there is a Soviet commander to have T34-85 and il2 precise bombing (may be shock troop as well).
12 Mar 2019, 21:46 PM

I am not very happy with the results of the Soviet commander votes.

Airborne maybe fun to play, but it lacks the proper tools (T34-85/offmap bombing) to win against Axis in late games.

I would like to see if there is a Soviet commander to have T34-85 and il2 precise bombing (may be shock troop as well).

A thoughtful and interesting doctrine choice is better than making a new commander that cobbles together everything you need than gets picked 100% of the time. Il2, t-3485, and shock troops is not only super bland would probably be the best commander in all modes.

Same reason Grand Operations won for OKW, it has more flavor and Interesting ideas than a doctrine that gives it a bunch of at options that add little to no flavor.
12 Mar 2019, 22:24 PM

I'm sad Special Support lost, but I hope Urban Assault will get the Calliope buffed, it would be good for USF even if the command is basically Armor but with rocket artillery.
13 Mar 2019, 00:06 AM

I'm sad Special Support lost, but I hope Urban Assault will get the Calliope buffed, it would be good for USF even if the command is basically Armor but with rocket artillery.

Yeah, more allied powercreep, now its calliope turn.

I really like Urban Assault winning the voting, more rangers would be interesting to see ingame.
13 Mar 2019, 01:00 AM

A thoughtful and interesting doctrine choice is better than making a new commander that cobbles together everything you need than gets picked 100% of the time. Il2, t-3485, and shock troops is not only super bland would probably be the best commander in all modes.

Same reason Grand Operations won for OKW, it has more flavor and Interesting ideas than a doctrine that gives it a bunch of at options that add little to no flavor.

So you ignored the fact that both OKW/OST new commander give them at least one powerful call-in unit(command tiger) along with power tools such as Radio Intercept or Recon Sweep?

I mentioned the Il2 bombing and t34-85 because there is no such commander option available currently. I didn't add shock troops (I said maybe add) because it might be over powerful.

And in fact, the best commander in my mind is OST Jaeger Armor Doctrine, you have recon, offmap bombing, spotting scope, and elephant in one commander.
13 Mar 2019, 01:53 AM

I know this is a little offtopic here but I hope that Relic allows the balanceteam to slightly tone down all the retarded (overpowered) meta doctrines, so these new docs actually got a good chance to shine.

The most important targets then would be IMO: (with the ridiculous abilities in sentence brackets)

Special Operations Doc (flares, command panther)
Overwatch (territory flares, Anti Tank strafes come too fast)
Jaeger Armor Doc (scopes)

Soviet mark target: the recon capability should be removed

And maybe Pathfinders but idk

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 93
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W