Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg tactics balance issue

22 Oct 2013, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned

Speed reduction barely makes a dent. It still goes just as fast (maybe even faster) than it would without engine damage, and the ability doesn't last for 2 seconds either.

You are critically misunderstanding me.

I mean a reduction to where it moves only slightly faster than engine dmged speed.
Approx. x0.5 engine dmged speed, so roughly walking speed.
Enough to finish it off when overextended, but also enough to crawl around a corner when its just the engine crit.

I thought I had been quite clear on that, but there is clarification, nonetheless.
22 Oct 2013, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2013, 15:09 PMNullist

I mean a reduction to where it moves only slightly faster than engine dmged speed.
Enough to finish it off when overextended, but also enough to crawl around a corner when its just the engine crit.

I thought I had been quite clear on that, but there is clarification, nonetheless.

Damn dude you really turned a leaf. A really good idea again.
22 Oct 2013, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2013, 15:09 PMNullist

Ah, that's better then. we agree the ability is broken as it is. By engine crit, do you mean light damage or heavy damage? I'd say light damage means simply a speed reduction like you said, while heavy damage cancels out the ability completely until repaired.
22 Oct 2013, 16:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks Paranoia!

The Courier: I thought engine crits had all been normalised, so there is only one kind. Meaning no light or heavy, just a fked engine, period. Am I wrong?

I made my suggestion under the assumption it had been. If they havent, then your version sounds good. But I have a huge gap in my knowledge as to what could cause either, and at what success chance.

In any case, Im glad I cleared up the misunderstanding about my proposed speed reduction.

I agree the warp speed, and even normal speed, when engine dmged, is no good, and must go. But I prefer my compromise solution, to the absolute negation of Vet ability some propose. Just enough to finish it off when overextended, but also enough for it to use the Vet ability it has earned to crawl to safety when the ATNade really is the only AT Sov was positioned to hit it with in the first place.
22 Oct 2013, 17:05 PM

I just played a game, and yes there's two degrees; light is what you get most of time, the result of an AT nade or a light mine. Heavy happens sometimes (rarely) via AT nades and more often via heavy mines like the Teller or lucky shots from big shells (ISU-152, Russian howie...). Heavy damage means the vehicle might as well be immobilized, yet they can still use Blitzkrieg; it doesn't make them go very fast, but still. When a tank's engine is literally on fire, it shouldn't be able to go faster than a crawl no matter how good the crew is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Korea, Republic Of 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment