Login

russian armor

Pack Howie Airdrop

18 Feb 2019, 21:20 PM

I don't want Greyhound to counter 222 as hard as a Stuart would (Abilities + 80 damage). 60 (or even 50) Damage would place Greyhound on perfect ratio of Fuel to damage ratio for LV damage and would mean that it wouldn't sometimes get countered by a vehicle that costs half as much fuel and is a no-brainer counter. 50 Damage would mean that it would take 7 shots to kill a 222 and 8 to kill a Luches - making it extremely inefficient as a LV counter still.

I ran a load of tests on the Greyhound a while ago: with its .50 cal upgrade it beats the 222 and fights fair with the Luchs. Given its a Luchs itself, that seems about right to me.

The Greyhound without the .50 cal is utter trash, so just think of the unit as also costing the 70 odd MU you need, like Obers.
19 Feb 2019, 01:46 AM

Honestly, that's just too much of a manpower sink for me, since they cost 30mp to re-enforce making it a really expensive pack howie, especially with how prone to wiping it is now. RE are only 20mp to re-enforce a pack howie, and since it's behind my lines most of the time it can stay reasonably safe. That said, the moment it's flanked by a rifle nade, or any other sort of arty / nade it will be wiped very quickly. Also, airborne take forever to re-enforce too.

I never really use beacon re-enforce anyways, I usually have an ambulance out by the time the airdrop is ready to be called in and I'll just call it in next to my ambulance to re-enforce.

Paras are 28mp to reinforce. That's what I crew them with, just cuz it's nice to be able to reinforce from the beacons after you get pushed by inf a bit or a leig hits the crew or whatever. On top of that, you don't have a lot of cheaper options as usf for weapon crewing; the only thing cheaper than 28 being rear echelons, which aren't that much cheaper (25mp). I think the airdrop reinforce is worth the 3 extra manpower to reinforce, considering the pack howie won't be losing a ton of crew members like a real infantry squad, but when it does, you can stay on the field for that much more time instead of pulling it back.
20 Feb 2019, 02:08 AM

Paras are 28mp to reinforce. That's what I crew them with, just cuz it's nice to be able to reinforce from the beacons after you get pushed by inf a bit or a leig hits the crew or whatever. On top of that, you don't have a lot of cheaper options as usf for weapon crewing; the only thing cheaper than 28 being rear echelons, which aren't that much cheaper (25mp). I think the airdrop reinforce is worth the 3 extra manpower to reinforce, considering the pack howie won't be losing a ton of crew members like a real infantry squad, but when it does, you can stay on the field for that much more time instead of pulling it back.

Should use Survival Instincts then, so Paratrooper models have the same RA as Rifles, 0.97
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★