Login

russian armor

Offcial unit statistics

27 Sep 2013, 10:58 AM

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is a guide for unit stats/abilities containing numbers? Something that would resemble SC2 Game Guide available on the main site. I just started playing but feel kind of confused when trying to judge if the unit that I'm currently using is good for the given encounter.

Edit.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post about this so feel free to move it.
27 Sep 2013, 11:08 AM

Ok, now I feel dumb :[

http://www.coh2.org/topic/6598/coh-2-dps-spreadsheet

sorry for this failed post.
27 Sep 2013, 11:09 AM

Still it would be nice if those stats could be available on the main site in a more eye-friendly manner.
27 Sep 2013, 11:10 AM

feel dumb because you're triple posting dude, try the edit button :P
27 Sep 2013, 11:21 AM

feel dumb because you're triple posting dude, try the edit button :P

True. Still after some looking around in the stats it would be nice if someone could point me to any info on the game mechanic. There is quite a lot of stats in this game comparing it back to SC2 :)
27 Sep 2013, 12:51 PM
27 Sep 2013, 13:46 PM

feel free to ask about any game mechanics. There are quite a lot of them and they are nowhere explained.... )=
27 Sep 2013, 18:32 PM

feel free to ask about any game mechanics. There are quite a lot of them and they are nowhere explained.... )=

Well, for once it would be nice to know how armor works in this game :)
27 Sep 2013, 18:37 PM

chance to penetrate = penetration/armor
The penetration is of the attacker's weapon of course and the armor is from the unit/unit area that is hit.

So for example the chance for a Conscript to penetrate (nearly all small arms have 1 penetration) against a Grenadier (1.5 armor):
chance = 1/1.5 = 2/3 = 66%

Or For a Su-85 (170 penetration) to penetrate a Panzer 4 from the front (160 armor):
chance = 170/160 = 100% (no chance over 100% of course)

I think very low chances (e.g. a rifle shot vs. a tank) are rounded down to 0%, too.
27 Sep 2013, 22:12 PM

Thank you very much rofltehcat. Taking this further, could you elaborate (or any one else) what do DPS and time (including/excluding reload) mean (from the stat doc)? Also what is the ingame length that is covered with the default camera angle (to get the sense of scale)?
27 Sep 2013, 22:48 PM

the dps numbers are simply:

(damage*shots before reload*accuracy)/ time with or without reload

the time including reload refers to the amount of time it takes for a squad to shoot an entire clip and reload. for example, grenadiers shoot 5 shots before they have to reload, so it is the amount of time for taking 5 shots plus the reload.

the time excluding reload is only including the time it takes to shoot 1 clip. using grenadiers, its just the time it takes to shoot 5 times.

time including reload is the more accurate dps number over a long amount of time. this number is skewed by weapons with a very long reload time though, which is why we included time excluding reload as well. excluding reload is a fairly useless number to be honest. we made it out of curiosity more than anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★