Login

russian armor

Balance and Bugfix Patch – Feb 7th 2109 - discuss

12 Feb 2019, 15:06 PM

The vet 1 ability is bullshit. Why no sherman smoke?

The vet 1 Launcher ability is historically accurate (though it should say mine launcher rather than grenades), and it's a good way to deal extra damage to infantry. Smoke launchers would be bad since part of the vehicle's tremendous firepower is balanced by the fact that it has to expose itself to enemy fire.

"Close defence was not forgotten, and a 100 mm (3.94 in) mine launcher was located at the rear of the loader’s hatch"

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/SturmTiger.php
12 Feb 2019, 15:06 PM

Grayhound spam is only 1vs1 problem, in 4vs4 only noobs do that and then they ragequit anyway why grayhound need to be call in ? In my opinion grayhound should be in t0 after u unlock full oficer. Because its really hard to balance cp timing espiecialy bettwen 1vs1 mode and 4vs4. In 4vs4 cp4 is sometimes when u can have sherman already.
12 Feb 2019, 15:26 PM

Grayhound spam is only 1vs1 problem, in 4vs4 only noobs do that and then they ragequit anyway why grayhound need to be call in ? In my opinion grayhound should be in t0 after u unlock full oficer. Because its really hard to balance cp timing espiecialy bettwen 1vs1 mode and 4vs4. In 4vs4 cp4 is sometimes when u can have sherman already.

This was always a problem for me. Those CP requirements for mid-game units just make those units miss their timeframe in 4v4s.
12 Feb 2019, 15:27 PM

In my opinion grayhound should be in t0 after u unlock full oficer. Because its really hard to balance cp timing espiecialy bettwen 1vs1 mode and 4vs4.

That would make it come way earlier in 1v1s than it currently does.

Timings is always an issue between modes. But it's better to have it underpowered in one (too late in team games) than have it overpowered in the other (would come way too soon in 1v1s).

The only way of resolving this would be to manually adjust XP values so the CP gain for all modes becomes relatively equal. But that would take a very big amount of work.
12 Feb 2019, 15:29 PM

The vet 1 Launcher ability is historically accurate (though it should say mine launcher rather than grenades), and it's a good way to deal extra damage to infantry. Smoke launchers would be bad since part of the vehicle's tremendous firepower is balanced by the fact that it has to expose itself to enemy fire.

And? this game is "based on" ww2

smoke would be cool anyway in this Doctrin

12 Feb 2019, 16:37 PM

This was always a problem for me. Those CP requirements for mid-game units just make those units miss their timeframe in 4v4s.

There is any easy fix for this:
Call-in units become available in 2 ways, as call-in with a premium or as build-able unit requiring tech cost.
12 Feb 2019, 18:50 PM

The only way of resolving this would be to manually adjust XP values so the CP gain for all modes becomes relatively equal. But that would take a very big amount of work.

Why not just change the "cost" of each CP based on number of players? That would be an easy fix.
I'm not actually sure if that can be used as a requirement in the modding tools, but I'll look into it.

I also like the idea of caches increasing in cost with more players.
12 Feb 2019, 19:10 PM

Why not just change the "cost" of each CP based on number of players? That would be an easy fix.
I'm not actually sure if that can be used as a requirement in the modding tools, but I'll look into it.

I also like the idea of caches increasing in cost with more players.

These are all great ideas that would be worth a thought if we´re gonna get another balance patches besides the commanders add-on

If anything, it would be best to have completely different prices and stats and maybe even army compositions based on game modes, but its definitely too late for that in CoH2
13 Feb 2019, 07:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2019, 16:37 PMVipper

There is any easy fix for this:
Call-in units become available in 2 ways, as call-in with a premium or as build-able unit requiring tech cost.

This would be the best solution. I'm all up for normalizing timings between game modes by binding them to amount of resources (tech cost).
13 Feb 2019, 10:09 AM

So that should at least stun enemy infantry and therefore block them form using the snare. Currently i don;t see any point of using it. Sturmtiger bases on long range shots far from line of sight and this ability is short range, small grenade that do shitty damage that has 0 impact on a battle.
I would trade for something else - for example flare (like soviet sniper) but i guess again for some that would be opieOP.
13 Feb 2019, 10:44 AM

The vet 1 ability of the ST could fire bouncing mines around the vehicles it would work both for balance and for historic reasons.
13 Feb 2019, 10:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2019, 10:09 AMStark
So that should at least stun enemy infantry and therefore block them form using the snare. Currently i don;t see any point of using it. Sturmtiger bases on long range shots far from line of sight and this ability is short range, small grenade that do shitty damage that has 0 impact on a battle.
I would trade for something else - for example flare (like soviet sniper) but i guess again for some that would be opieOP.

I think it's fine, it's only 20 munitions and causes enough damage on a good hit to force off a squad or crew weapon without having to waste the rocket or before reloading it. It might even wipe squads that are clumped together. 35 range is enough to use it through sight blockers. It's good for self defense when being chased by AT infantry after having used the rocket now that it can be activated on the move.

It could get better mid range AOE to put it in line with regular grenades but I don't think it's needed.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2019, 10:44 AMVipper
The vet 1 ability of the ST could fire bouncing mines around the vehicles it would work both for balance and for historic reasons.

I doubt that would be possible due to lack of animations. The Sturmtiger's mine launcher was a single turreted mounted launcher as opposed those other vehicles' multiple one-off all around mine discharger units I imagine you are talking about anyways.
13 Feb 2019, 11:16 AM

I doubt that would be possible due to lack of animations. The Sturmtiger's mine launcher was a single turreted mounted launcher as opposed those other vehicles' multiple one-off all around mine discharger units I imagine you are talking about anyways.

I doubt the animation will be a problem, the current one can be used. The current ability is UP and it can easily be replaces.

By they way where the friendly fire modifier fixed? I haven't checked.
14 Feb 2019, 21:14 PM

So it turns out there's a multiplier that controls resource gain based on number of players on the team. It can even be set per army.
If that multiplier is functional, implementing faster CP gain for larger games would be as easy as can be.

Any suggestions for what to set the multipliers to? or should it be left alone? maybe 1/1/1.15/1.3?
14 Feb 2019, 21:40 PM

The sector assault ability in overwatch is still a bit bigger than the minimap circle suggests. That should probably get fixed. Also, it's a rather long ability for something that has recon, suppressive strafes, and targeted bombing runs all at the same time. Basically means you can't go on that part of the map with anything for the full duration unless you have AA. I know there's other abilities sort of like that, but most of them don't have the same wiping potential that the bomber in the sector assault does.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 22
Peru 13
United Kingdom 53
unknown 6
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W