Login

russian armor

Balance and Bugfix Patch – Feb 7th 2109 - discuss

8 Feb 2019, 00:43 AM

So, now let remove the crews of US, maybe? Better buff the repair-speed of Rear Echelon Troops instead by upgrade.

You'd have to buff USF, Tier 4 in particular, to compensate such a big change.
8 Feb 2019, 00:48 AM

Yep, that would be all fine. But the crew-system is simply broken and has to go

The only unit that should have that ability is the M20 Utility Car.

Things like M4A3E8 'Easy 8' Sherman can be non-doc.
8 Feb 2019, 01:08 AM

2 REs can handle repairs just fine, making stuff like the Jackson better, I don't think you really want what you are after.

Fun to think about, but it will never happen, since they made EVC good instead of removing it.
8 Feb 2019, 01:21 AM

no KT buff feelsbadman
8 Feb 2019, 02:51 AM

it isnt good patch to JLI. cuz they dont nuff that g43 rifle (
8 Feb 2019, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2019, 01:21 AMBurts
no KT buff feelsbadman

Yeah was expecting a minor buff or vet change if nothing else.

Still glad they're patching it when the game is this old though.
8 Feb 2019, 10:43 AM

Overwatch bombing had a much smaller indicator in the minimap and ridiculous accurate bombing. They changed nothing.

Yes, the actual range of the ability and the one shown on minimap is almost twice as big. That should be look into in next future changes.
8 Feb 2019, 11:33 AM

OST and OKW will NEVER fall from the OP Throne!
8 Feb 2019, 11:47 AM

What would you say about a pop-cap timer for US?

e.g. if you leave a vehicle, the vehicle still counts as pop-cap until:
a. 5 mins (while that time alliis can't take the vehicle)
b. enemy gets it.
c. it gets destroyed.

So US still can use the crew-funktion. But puishing your pop-cap limit or giving stuff too alliis will be very difficult.

8 Feb 2019, 12:09 PM

b. enemy gets it.
c. it gets destroyed.

So US still can use the crew-funktion. But puishing your pop-cap limit or giving stuff too alliis will be very difficult.

don't fix what's not broken there are so many things more important than usf tank crew
8 Feb 2019, 12:51 PM

don't fix what's not broken there are so many things more important than usf tank crew

You can test my gost-blocking fix. Look into the sand-bag thread.
8 Feb 2019, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2019, 10:43 AMStark

Yes, the actual range of the ability and the one shown on minimap is almost twice as big. That should be look into in next future changes.

I'm not sure if I am right but I read something that the circle on the map is the indicator of the area where planes start tracking stuff. So if a plane "locked on" on of your tanks and you move said tanks outside the red circle, the plane will still bomb the crap out of them.
8 Feb 2019, 13:01 PM

I'm not sure if I am right but I read something that the circle on the map is the indicator of the area where planes start tracking stuff. So if a plane "locked on" on of your tanks and you move said tanks outside the red circle, the plane will still bomb the crap out of them.

Beside that lock on system, its range indicated in the actual map is a lot larger than it is in the minimap. So if a unitt looks to be outside its range in the minimap, it can be detected by bombers
8 Feb 2019, 15:01 PM

Feb 7th 2109

Yes, that seems like an accurate timeframe for a coh balance patch.
8 Feb 2019, 15:26 PM

b. enemy gets it.
c. it gets destroyed.

I think you are over estimating the usefulness of the USF pop cap issue.

If your enemy is fielding tanks over their popcap chances are they will have no infantry/struggle to reinforce.

Its also a pig to micromanage a mass of fairly fragile armour, especially given the tendency of pathing to freak out when moving more than one tank in a straight line through an empty field.

I'd be happy for it to be replaced with a passive repair function instead (removing crews) as I've never found a use/had enough fuel to really exploit the pop cap issue.
8 Feb 2019, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2019, 15:26 PMGrim

I think you are over estimating the usefulness of the USF pop cap issue.

If your enemy is fielding tanks over their popcap chances are they will have no infantry/struggle to reinforce.

Its also a pig to micromanage a mass of fairly fragile armour, especially given the tendency of pathing to freak out when moving more than one tank in a straight line through an empty field.

I'd be happy for it to be replaced with a passive repair function instead (removing crews) as I've never found a use/had enough fuel to really exploit the pop cap issue.

Tell that problem the M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage, it doesn't care about that.

In 3vs3 and 4vs4 you can easy habe ~4 of them + ~4 Jacksons and some inf too. The problem is in lagre multiplayer, not in 1vs1.

And the fix would be such difficult.

Edit: Simply make a counter, so if the crew leaves the tank the vehicle still counts as pop-cap for some minutes. Until that counter alliis can't take the vehilce, only the US-player or an enemy.

The Countdown if for 3-5 min, then the pop will be removed and alliis can take the stuff.

Beside, the M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage is way too strong. And now compare it with the leIG, which is way too bad.
8 Feb 2019, 15:38 PM

I like these changes. But the armour increasing looks like a little over-buff to me. It may make 221 too good against USF.

I have tried several rounds with 221, it is still fragile. So I think the armour increasing is fine.
8 Feb 2019, 15:47 PM

JLI still annoying, no difference whatsoever with how it was before.
The sector assault seems to work fine.
8 Feb 2019, 16:15 PM

Tell that problem the M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage, it doesn't care about that.

In 3vs3 and 4vs4 you can easy habe ~4 of them + ~4 Jacksons and some inf too. The problem is in lagre multiplayer, not in 1vs1.

And the fix would be such difficult.

Edit: Simply make a counter, so if the crew leaves the tank the vehicle still counts as pop-cap for some minutes. Until that counter alliis can't take the vehilce, only the US-player or an enemy.

The Countdown if for 3-5 min, then the pop will be removed and alliis can take the stuff.

Beside, the M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage is way too strong. And now compare it with the leIG, which is way too bad.

Are you really playing as USF? How can one guy have 4 Jackson and 4 M8A1 with 100 pop limit?

Also, M8A1 is powerful because it's a 75 fuel AI only, 400 HP fragile vehicle.

Please show your playercard, so others can judge your opinion as inbalance or L2P issue.
8 Feb 2019, 16:57 PM

Huge thumbs up for this one
I was expecting another long list of quadruple nerf to units (that sometimes wont even be OP to begin with) followed by buffs to their counters
Instead they made very cautious steps and mostly only aimed for the problematic aspects of the units
The JLI were even actually undernerfed IMO, but thats still healthier for a meta diversification than a nefr into oblivion
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★