Login

russian armor

So Rostov...how about balancing the map?

26 Sep 2013, 21:06 PM

Seriously, the south start point is so much better it's completely ridiculous.

South base starts closer to the left VP

North base has either a bridge cutoff or an ice path to reach the central VP

North base has a sole bridge cutoff directly beside it's fuel point (what the hell?)

Meanwhile, the south side is completely open to normal land travel, except to reach the left VP island by ice.

South base has much easier firing lanes on central VP

This map is just god awful. Please balance it out to be fair to both start points.
26 Sep 2013, 21:11 PM

its a map from TOW coop mission and it should stay there
29 Sep 2013, 07:36 AM

It's balanced in such a way that both teams have an equal chance of starting in the south base ;)
29 Sep 2013, 08:09 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 07:36 AMTivook
It's balanced in such a way that both teams have an equal chance of starting in the south base ;)

I lol'd
29 Sep 2013, 19:09 PM

After a few more games on this map, I think I will just keep it on my veto list. It's nice to have new maps, especially for 3v3/4v4 matches, but this map just too lope-sided.
29 Sep 2013, 20:49 PM

It's a map from the Co-Op mission, I have no problem with it being added since it was there already anyway, whats the gain with it being a ToW only map? And what is the loss with it being a available to also play in skirmish mode?

You don't have to play it and people that like playing against the AI (and that are a lot of people) have the choice to play this map, which is actually pretty fun. I'm personally hoping that all the ToW Co-Op maps will be released eventually. They are in the game files, it doesn't take up developing time since they are already completed, so whats the harm? A freebie.
29 Sep 2013, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2013, 20:49 PMSpiona
It's a map from the Co-Op mission, I have no problem with it being added since it was there already anyway, whats the gain with it being a ToW only map? And what is the loss with it being a available to also play in skirmish mode?

You don't have to play it and people that like playing against the AI (and that are a lot of people) have the choice to play this map, which is actually pretty fun. I'm personally hoping that all the ToW Co-Op maps will be released eventually. They are in the game files, it doesn't take up developing time since they are already completed, so whats the harm? A freebie.

The problem is that it will show up during auto-matched games, where one side will have a significant advantage over the other.
30 Sep 2013, 03:28 AM

This map is another funny Relic joke, c'mon guys, don't you get it?

Actually, I'm having a hard time laughing too. Seriously, how did this get past playtesting?

30 Sep 2013, 04:28 AM

This map is another funny Relic joke, c'mon guys, don't you get it?

Actually, I'm having a hard time laughing too. Seriously, how did this get past playtesting?

developer play with community on this map during announcement, i guess that is their play test, developer was using german on south and they lost the game so i guess they think it is fine
30 Sep 2013, 06:43 AM

The problem is that it will show up during auto-matched games, where one side will have a significant advantage over the other.

Good point, would be nice if these maps could excluded from autoplay. I agree that it shouldn't be included.
30 Sep 2013, 08:21 AM

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the map despite my joke about it.

I have yet to lose on Rostov and I've started in the northern position 7 times in a row, only got to play on the south side the first time I played it. Despite the fact that you get to start on the smaller island in the north I've never felt any difficulties establishing a foothold on the "mainland".

It's all about rushing MG's and stealing as many buildings as possible in the early game because germans don't get rifle grenades before tier 2 so you're pretty safe in the buildings you manage to get.

If I had to choose between getting semi imba maps like Rostov and not getting any 4v4 maps at all I'd choose Rostov in a heartbeat.

After all, there are no symmetric maps in COH, one side will always start a few meters closer to that super important building that gives you early game momentum. Live with it because it's not going to change.

It kind of reminds me of vCOH "Hochwald Gap" where the northern team would only have access to a small bridge to the oh so important fuel island while the southern team had access to a big bridge which wasn't as easy to block with tanktraps and what not.

Still had tons and tons of fun on that map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★