Login

russian armor

I got a gaming headset and I'm not Happy

2 Feb 2019, 22:07 PM

Recently my dad came back from his holidays and bought me a new pair of gaming headphones (Sate AE 263). They got an excelent mic (people tell me they can hear me more clearly) but I have notoriously less audio quality than my studio headphones (Maxwell ST 2000). Do gaming headsets sound boxy* or muddy*?

No effects or post procesing of any kind is in effect

This is REALLY important to me. As I spend a lot of my time listening to music and i'm getting torn apart because its a gift and my studio headset needs a replacement (it works wonders but we had to rig it like 3 times)

Boxy: Everything sounds like it has just bounced inside a box before coming out of the speaker
Muddy: Audio sounds dirtier
2 Feb 2019, 23:34 PM

I looked up both and can tell you right now that in non gaming specific activities you will be disappointed with the new gaming headsets. A lot of gaming headsets focus on mics, comfort, asethics, branding, etc but sacrifice overall audio quality. (Unless you get very expensive gaming headsets) What they do is tune specific frequencies of audio important in gaming (take for example footsteps in an FPS) to create an illusion of clearer audio. The reality is that in non gaming activities the audio will likely be notibly worse than the steroid headsets.

What I would recommend is using the gaming pair for gaming and having a stereo pair for music and other Sound base activity. If you still feel a noticeable bad difference in game than maybe a cheap stand mic could also be worth it.
3 Feb 2019, 03:07 AM

The only brand i recommend with gaming headset is HyperX, they have great noise cancelling, the best confort out there and the sound is really good for 100€ more or less. They also provide you with 2 year warranty
My headset is the hyperx Alpha, you can find it in here:

Hyperx Alpha - Dual Chamber

They are great for music and games and btw the mic and the cable are detachable. Shroud also uses this brand.
If u want to spend less money buy a studio headset.
Ps: Kimbo also uses them ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS