Login

russian armor

Advanced Warfare Tactics needs some love

31 Jan 2019, 15:51 PM

I think the issue with advanced warfare is that armoured assault is too similar. Two abilities are the same: radio intercept and t34/85
Two other abilities in each commander are quite similar, however, at least in my mind, armoured has in both comparisons the edge:
Conscript repair < Vehicle repair
Il-2 strafe <<< Il-2 Attacks

ppsh and is 2 are hardly comparable, however, in terms of utility, I think no ability has the edge.
What I would like to see is a replacement for the Il-2 strafe, which is better and set both commanders apart. Therefore I suggest the Il-2 strafe gets replaced by the Il-2 PTAB Bombing Run from tank hunter. It is a useful tool while not being op, a strafe that is good against tanks and support weapons. Also, an off-map ability that is meant against tanks can only be found in two other Soviet commanders: tank hunter and NKWD so advanced warfare would be more unique.
31 Jan 2019, 16:04 PM

The PTAB run would make Advanced Warfare a solid commander. The IL-2 Strafe is a meme, making Advanced Warfare essentially a worse Guards Rifle.
31 Jan 2019, 17:03 PM

Agreed, I really want to love Advanced Warfare because PPSH and 85s on paper look like a great combo. Part of the problem is that the Strafe is bugged/broken where the the damage doesn't line up properly - though I agree that the PTAB or Overwatch would have a lot more utility over even a fixed Strafe (especially when compared to IL2 Loiter commanders). I suppose something could be added/merged to Conscript Repair to make it more attractive as well.
31 Jan 2019, 17:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

For me, it always was a little brother of this guy

Both have PPSh for cons
Both have cons repair
Both have good doctrine vehicle(T-34-85 and KV-1)
Both have AI ability (IL-2 and incendiary barrage)

Btw i would like to see some tweaks for Advanced Warfare, he is in the same spott with Shock Motor Heavy (Shocks with ISU) and rare used by players. Just becuase here are commanders with better abilities combinations.
31 Jan 2019, 18:22 PM

There should be an ability for a passive upgrade with exo-skeletons, and when you lose units, pressing F to pay respects will give you a partial MP refund
1 Feb 2019, 10:33 AM

There should be an ability for a passive upgrade with exo-skeletons, and when you lose units, pressing F to pay respects will give you a partial MP refund

first I did not understand what you wanted but then I remember there was that game ...:*(
However :ot:
1 Feb 2019, 10:43 AM

For me, it always was a little brother of this guy

Both have PPSh for cons
Both have cons repair
Both have good doctrine vehicle(T-34-85 and KV-1)
Both have AI ability (IL-2 and incendiary barrage)

Btw i would like to see some tweaks for Advanced Warfare, he is in the same spott with Shock Motor Heavy (Shocks with ISU) and rare used by players. Just becuase here are commanders with better abilities combinations.

They are very similar indeed but for me, the key are the tanks. Why should I pick Advanced when I can go for armour, why should I go for Conscript Support when I can go for guard rifle, why should I go for Shock Motor when I can pick Mechanized Support?
They are not bad they just get overshadowed. So I think the best solution is to make them more unique.
1 Feb 2019, 11:51 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

They are not bad they just get overshadowed. So I think the best solution is to make them more unique.

That's what i am talking about! ^_^
1 Feb 2019, 11:56 AM

i think conscript repair is better

i would buff the plane for sure
1 Feb 2019, 19:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

i think conscript repair is better

i would buff the plane for sure

More like: fix the damn tracking cause the aiming UI is bad
1 Feb 2019, 19:52 PM

More like: fix the damn tracking cause the aiming UI is bad
it still deals almost 0 damage
1 Feb 2019, 20:21 PM

The only real issue of the doc is the IL-2 strafe being literally useless. 90 munitions, the enemy squad doesnt even move away yet still 0 damage being done
1 Feb 2019, 20:32 PM

I think it would be better to get rid of the strafe entirely. even if it would become viable it would be still against inf. just as the Il-2 attack. It would be better, in my opinion to at the PTAB run to divert the commanders, for the sake of commander diversity.
1 Feb 2019, 21:12 PM

I really really like this commander but yea that late game IL-2 Strafing run is next to useless!
2 Feb 2019, 04:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

it still deals almost 0 damage

Because if you aim dead center with the ability it will deal 0 damage while if you "miss aim" with it you can actually kill things.
2 Feb 2019, 10:38 AM

Because if you aim dead center with the ability it will deal 0 damage while if you "miss aim" with it you can actually kill things.

Which only further confirms how broken the ability is.
2 Feb 2019, 16:20 PM

il-2 strafing run is useless skill

i think it can be replace to il-2 strafing run(loiter)

3 Feb 2019, 21:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Which only further confirms how broken the ability is.

Just so people get an idea what i'm talking about.

Performance when putting the strafe in the middle.

Performance when overshooting.

In the Stuka image you can see how far it can still hit things away.
This is more or less the ideal way to aim with it.
3 Feb 2019, 21:16 PM

The ability works this way for literally years now, I'm well aware of it, but its a good presentation for ones who don't.
4 Feb 2019, 03:41 AM

I really dont understand the pictures

The strafe turns pumas into stukas or something?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★