Login

russian armor

OKW v USF top 100 advice

29 Jan 2019, 18:11 PM

See below, advice on how to help with map control - 2nd time i've gone JLI (used two IG) so not the usual spammer however map control was poor and looking for strategist to help me with where my units should've gone or shouldn't have. Builds i thought were reflective of what he had which helped me win in the end but it was a close shave with audacious gambles at times that I felt I shouldn't have to have done. Any advice appreciated - first request i've done.

3 Feb 2019, 19:27 PM

Hey mate, I'll try make it up to you for your review on my video :)

You're higher rank than me on OKW though, so feel free to take it all with a pinch of salt - just some ideas just in case they were things you didn't already pick up on, and all with the benefit of hindsight.

Play by Play
  • 00:40 - This is totally subjective, but personally I don't think Kubel is a good choice in 1v1, and especially not on this map. With all the garrisons, an extra Volks squad would be better.
  • 02:35 - This is why - RE have low accuracy but high fire rate, which actually gives them very high DPS against Kubel.
  • 04:00 - JLI come out, you're aggressive and go for the cutoffs, then follow up with Flak HT - that's exactly OKW's strength at the moment, don't think there's any better play than this... :)
  • 09:00 - Personally I would have gone for healing a little sooner, you had a lot of low-health models on the field until now
  • 10:45 - Was very risky leaving the Flak HT there on such low health, in fact you should have lost it, but the guy completely misplayed with his M20 and didn't shoot at it for some reason (50cal can pen the rear armour easily, maybe he didn't know).
  • 12:00 - You're floating a bit again and he keeps pushing your cutoff hard, I think the solution here might have been an MG34 (I don't usually go MG34 and Flak HT at the same time, but in this case one can defend the cutoff and one can attack). You went for double LeIG instead, not a bad choice in general but see my comment below).
  • 17:00 - Good place for Schwer, but should have something ahead scouting / defending it while it gets built. Luckily he sends his Sherman to the other side so doesn't see it (and weirdly does nothing with it).
  • 24:00 - The Schwer allows you to finally ignore one side of the map and throw all your inf to the other side, then your P4 wipes two Shermans & it's GG.

General comments
Most of the stuff I said above was super minor. But, you did get a bit lucky a couple of times, OKW can be make or break on single units (especially Flak HT & Schwer), but better not leave them to chance IMHO. Of course you were under pressure elsewhere so I do understand why you played it that way, and it worked out this time.

I think the most important thing I would suggest is that another frontline infantry squad would have helped a lot here. I think at least 4 Volks / JLI / etc. is actually the standard play these days (not counting Sturmpios, who can be busy with utility stuff). Or, even get an MG34, perhaps instead of a LeIG. Double LeIG is certainly not a bad choice, but then you had a lot of support units for only 3 frontline units; MG34 can at least hold the line.

IMHO I think that's what would have helped your map control a lot!
3 Feb 2019, 20:14 PM

They’re really good points, appreciate the time to review it. I hadn’t thought about a couple such as keeping MG for a stable position to hold as I’m usually quite aggressive an can sometimes be to my detriment.

Decided to go double Leig to counter MG in houses but maybe 2 was too much - think I thought he had 2 at one point.

Great clarity and detail in your points thanks again mate
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS