Login

russian armor

Elefant - The overnerfed burden

28 Jan 2019, 03:18 AM

Lmao only thing needed is jagd to get the same nerfs as the ele. In 2v2 ele before and still jagd today if the other team has a brain it means you can no longer use any vehicle to bleed them why they have all day to do it to you and maximum insurance you cant press you and slowly strangle you especially the way most 2v2 maps are designed dota style with 3 lanes that match axis mg arcs perfectly with almost zero chance of trying to “flank”. Gauntlets where mediums just die.The only counter is mass priest prebombardment with suicide dives that half the time might go against you. The “super tank” idea ruins coh same as “super soldier snipers”. This only applies if your playing someone smart enough that dosent make obvious mistakes. I imagine OP just assumes they should win because they made one elephant and probably lost the game long before. This guy i would probanly knock it out the time it has to fire one shot, people who know how to use it big difference.
28 Jan 2019, 03:22 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 03:18 AMRocket

You have hundreds of games as USF but less than 10 games combined as Axis.
28 Jan 2019, 05:04 AM

You have hundreds of games as USF but less than 10 games combined as Axis.

Thats not true but you are correct i play mostly allies. You on the other hand suck at whatever faction/mode. In the sheer ammount of games ive played i know whats up or op axis or allied. I have beat von ivan in 2v2 taylor swift and most the greats. Beat momofosho on his twitch then he cried and had my mate banned for a month.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/67734/do-people-not-know-you-get-banned-for-this-stuff-lul
28 Jan 2019, 05:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 05:04 AMRocket

Thats not true but you are correct i play mostly allies. You on the other hand suck at whatever faction/mode. In the sheer ammount of games ive played i know whats up or op axis or allied. I have beat von ivan in 2v2 taylor swift and most the greats.

28 Jan 2019, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 05:10 AMVonIvan

I consider it more like punching nicholas cage and surviving but thanks.
28 Jan 2019, 05:28 AM

Ah yes the great burden of being able to instantly take almost half the hp off a tank from a third of the way across the map. And yeah, why would anyone ever want high frontal armor on their tanks? Such silly design.
28 Jan 2019, 06:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 05:04 AMRocket

Thats not true but you are correct i play mostly allies. You on the other hand suck at whatever faction/mode. In the sheer ammount of games ive played i know whats up or op axis or allied. I have beat von ivan in 2v2 taylor swift and most the greats. Beat momofosho on his twitch then he cried and had my mate banned for a month.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/67734/do-people-not-know-you-get-banned-for-this-stuff-lul

One game doesnt validate you. I've beaten top 100 players too. https://www.coh2.org/replay/83248/showing-thepope-of-coh2-how-it-s-done Anybody can do it. But the fact is you have almost no experience as axis hence u don't know what is op and what isn't
28 Jan 2019, 07:27 AM

One game doesnt validate you. I've beaten top 100 players too. https://www.coh2.org/replay/83248/showing-thepope-of-coh2-how-it-s-done Anybody can do it. But the fact is you have almost no experience as axis hence u don't know what is op and what isn't

Wrong i know what their units cost, i know the timing of said units. I know what strategies are the most popular commander choices etc. it is what you do if you want to win to be prepared to counter them. It is also not about axis vs allies etc that you are making it into. We are talking about the elephant and the comet tanks (comet in another post), i was informed you do not have a single game as brits then why are you even commenting on the comet tank if were going to use your logic? As i stated before and similiar to what shadowlink said the old elephant was borderline un-counterable and you wish things would go back to the way before when that was so.
28 Jan 2019, 07:40 AM

omg may I please use this as my signature

IncendiaryRounds:) 1 Oct 2018, 19:26 PM #1
Offline Unknown SteamID unknown
I expertly flank around a bunch of 57mm at guns and shred his infantry with vicious flanks with the fatherland's finest panzergrenadiers. Not even the rangers and an extra strenght dose of Americana could save him. As the dull witted US forces trip over several teller mines, my stugs and panthers make short work of the abominations that are the Sherman, Pershing and Jacksons.
28 Jan 2019, 08:52 AM

Lmao only thing needed is jagd to get the same nerfs as the ele. In 2v2 ele before and still jagd today if the other team has a brain it means you can no longer use any vehicle

Quite amusing how you claim you know everything about Axis units and then proceed to say the Jagdtiger is better than the Elefant currently.

28 Jan 2019, 10:13 AM

Quite amusing how you claim you know everything about Axis units and then proceed to say the Jagdtiger is better than the Elefant currently.

Well... Aside from mobility and price the jagd IS better no? Longer range and more armour and the barrage is pretty good as well... It's not cost practical, but it is technically better...
28 Jan 2019, 11:21 AM

Lmao only thing needed is jagd to get the same nerfs as the ele. In 2v2 ele before and still jagd today if the other team has a brain it means you can no longer use any vehicle to bleed them why they have all day to do it to you and maximum insurance you cant press you and slowly strangle you especially the way most 2v2 maps are designed dota style with 3 lanes that match axis mg arcs perfectly with almost zero chance of trying to “flank”. Gauntlets where mediums just die.The only counter is mass priest prebombardment with suicide dives that half the time might go against you. The “super tank” idea ruins coh same as “super soldier snipers”. This only applies if your playing someone smart enough that dosent make obvious mistakes. I imagine OP just assumes they should win because they made one elephant and probably lost the game long before. This guy i would probanly knock it out the time it has to fire one shot, people who know how to use it big difference.

whya are people allowed to post in balance section with no single axis game played?
28 Jan 2019, 13:09 PM

Havent read such a BS in a while.

Elefant is the most important axis unit in teamgames on most maps. It's almost autowin on maps like Across the Rhine, Red Ball Express, Alliance of Defiance or Crossing in the Woods etc etc.

For top level play that is ofc. Dunno what's going on at rank 1000 or lower as these players live in their own world.

I agree with your opinion about the elefant but don't like your elitism.
Offtopic:
There are a lot of players below rank 1000 (teamgames) who understand the role of the units very well but cant compete with the better / top class players because of their micro. And to be honest not every top class player give helpful feedback on this forum or cares about the game. And lets not forget that being a great player means automatically that you can be a great coach / analyst.
28 Jan 2019, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 13:09 PMSmartie

I agree with your opinion about the elefant but don't like your elitism.
Offtopic:
There are a lot of players below rank 1000 (teamgames) who understand the role of the units very well but cant compete with the better / top class players because of their micro. And to be honest not every top class player give helpful feedback on this forum or cares about the game. And lets not forget that being a great player means automatically that you can be a great coach / analyst.

true, but OP stated that elefant is just meant to camp 1 spot and can do nothing else, which indicates to me he doesnt know at all how to use it and how to synergize with things like spotting scopes, brummbar, and the OKW units for instance. I know that I couldnt care any less, but it is annoying whenever I stumble upon a nonsense balance post written from someone who has no playercard or replay uploaded on this site.
28 Jan 2019, 14:21 PM

true, but OP stated that elefant is just meant to camp 1 spot and can do nothing else, which indicates to me he doesnt know at all how to use it and how to synergize with things like spotting scopes, brummbar, and the OKW units for instance. I know that I couldnt care any less, but it is annoying whenever I stumble upon a nonsense balance post written from someone who has no playercard or replay uploaded on this site.

As is said before i think you are completely right about the elefant who- used correctly- is a game changer for Axis teams. I think people should also not only focus only on "kills" - allied repair time is also an important factor. After only 1 ele hit most allied tanks can get used anymore on the frontline which is a win too for your own team.
28 Jan 2019, 15:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 07:40 AMRocket

omg may I please use this as my signature

IncendiaryRounds:) 1 Oct 2018, 19:26 PM #1
Offline Unknown SteamID unknown
I expertly flank around a bunch of 57mm at guns and shred his infantry with vicious flanks with the fatherland's finest panzergrenadiers. Not even the rangers and an extra strenght dose of Americana could save him. As the dull witted US forces trip over several teller mines, my stugs and panthers make short work of the abominations that are the Sherman, Pershing and Jacksons.

I'd love it if you used that as your signature. I was just adding a bit of "flair" to my commentary. I'm glad I triggered you.:lolol:
28 Jan 2019, 16:07 PM

Man being able to instantly take off almost half a tank’s health is such a burden. Shit’s rough.

For real though, don’t underestimate the power of its alpha strike capability. I mean if you compare it to allied TDs it’s slightly cheaper than 2 of them (except su85s? Don’t remember their price) and does slightly less damage than 2 of them in one shot, at greater range, with a far greater health and armor pool than both of them combined (lul). The only downside is that it’s slower.
29 Jan 2019, 14:56 PM

I am glad Elephant and JT got nerfed. In team games, the TDs were just straight cancer and completely shut down any vehicle play.
29 Jan 2019, 22:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge

[...] how to synergize with things like spotting scopes, brummbar, and the OKW units for instance. [...]

The synergy with spotting scopes and reconnaissance overflight that come with the same doctrine as the Elephant itself has always made it a strong choice. Spotting of armour to shoot it down and to react to flanks preemptively are crucial to keep your Elephant a worthy investement as well as alive.

Jagdtiger does only offer Panzerfusiliers as another plus. Those can become killing machines at high veterancy levels. However, they do not contribute to enhance the AT capabilities or efficiency of the Jagdtiger itself... if you count their weird AT nades out that trigger way too slow to prevent mediums from encircling your Jagdtiger.
29 Jan 2019, 23:05 PM

Jagdtiger does only offer Panzerfusiliers as another plus. Those can become killing machines at high veterancy levels. However, they do not contribute to enhance the AT capabilities or efficiency of the Jagdtiger itself... if you count their weird AT nades out that trigger way too slow to prevent mediums from encircling your Jagdtiger.

The Jagdtiger does have the added benefit of being able to be surrounded by cloaked ATGs, which can really make the Allied team take a miscalculated dive unless they are using recon planes. Panzerfusiliers AT grenade is slow, but with vet2 it's also by far the longest range snare in the game (about 25 range) so you'll always have a good chance to tag a tank as it drives along.

And their flares have really good synergy with the Jagdtiger, although it costs a lot of munitions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★