Login

russian armor

Input lag for (german + EU) Players

PAGES (10)down
23 Sep 2019, 23:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I am getting constant re-connections here in Australia the past month or two.. It just ruins the experience, it wasn't like this earlier.
17 Oct 2019, 18:09 PM

Since the last server maintenance's i have like 600 ms average delay (read out from the in game console). Is it just me?
26 Oct 2019, 13:23 PM

@madin2 Happens for us too. Its super frustrating
23 Nov 2019, 12:59 PM

I'm having serious lags at the moment, which wasn't really an issue for me in the the last 6 months.
The interesting part is that I changed my internet provider 12 days ago from 1&1 (DSL) to Unitymedia.
Both technologies are working in parallel at my place until June next year. So I will have some time to experiment a little:
The first thing I did was to disable IPv6 in my local network.
I have only played 1 game since that and cant say too much atm. It seems better now but this could be the odd game where the lag is very small.
Btw I'm living in Herrenberg (BaWü).

I will continue to post my findings on this matter
23 Nov 2019, 17:55 PM

lag is back :banana:

How are people getting numerical values for lag? I sometimes have issues where I don't get warnings for grenades or snares don't want to fire, and if the snares do work they turn into guided missiles that go a long distance.
23 Nov 2019, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 17:55 PMGrumpy

How are people getting numerical values for lag?

Ingame console. I dont know how to open it on a US or any other Keyboard but on the german one it's Ctrl + Shift + Ö for example. I recommend trying Ctrl + Shift and then some of the keys that are near the Enter button to the left side of it.
Oh, and you have to be in a coh2 match ofc. It doesn't work in the CoH2 lobby or main menu

Then you have to wait for the text line where it says
"MaxDelay[...ms] MinDelay[...ms] AvgDelay[...ms]" or something like that.

A normal value for AverageDelay during lag-free times is something like 70 or 100. But during the lags it's usually 500+ ms up to 2000ms
28 Nov 2019, 22:08 PM

Tonight was pretty bad for me.
During all the games I played I had MaxDelay of ~1500 ms with spikes up to 3000 ms.
The game is just unplayable like that
28 Nov 2019, 22:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Tonight was pretty bad for me.
During all the games I played I had MaxDelay of ~1500 ms with spikes up to 3000 ms.
The game is just unplayable like that

strange i know from many germany players they are fine now again
28 Nov 2019, 22:52 PM

I changed from my new provider (unitymedia) back to DSL (1&1) for 1 game and the lag went back to normal levels of ~500 to ~600 ms even though I use Wifi for this connection instead of ethernet...

This is all very confusing to me
28 Nov 2019, 23:46 PM

I changed from my new provider (unitymedia) back to DSL (1&1) for 1 game and the lag went back to normal levels of ~500 to ~600 ms even though I use Wifi for this connection instead of ethernet...

This is all very confusing to me

unitymedia is a horrible provider overall, nothing but problems with it
2 Jan 2020, 22:40 PM
Donator 22

I had serious lags the last weeks.
Today I tried the VPN thing.
--> worked perfectly for this evening.
let us see if it stays like this.
Is paying a few € worth the lag-killer? of course!
15 Jan 2020, 20:53 PM
Donator 22

And two weeks later: I sometimes have lag with VPN, I sometimes have lag without VPN, very often everything is fine.......
I cannot see correlation between lag an VPN at this point in time.
20 Jan 2020, 23:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

And two weeks later: I sometimes have lag with VPN, I sometimes have lag without VPN, very often everything is fine.......
I cannot see correlation between lag an VPN at this point in time.

Try choosing the correct server. If you use NordVPN try Denmark 85, was the one which i used and made me be able to play without input lags
25 Jan 2020, 19:23 PM

Last five random games I played had a player dropping within 5 minutes of the start of the game.

First game was opponent dropping after around 4 minutes for no apparent reason. Then I had 3 games where my teammate dropped either at the beginning of the round of within the first 2-3 minutes. Then the last game was even worse it loaded up but never started. Instead after 1 minute of waiting the defeat screen appeared and I had another loss.

Is this a conincidence or is something seriously wrong with the servers today?
25 Jan 2020, 22:30 PM

@blvckdream, it happened to me too few times in past couple of days (before it never happened), just kicking me out of game without even "connection lost, reconnecting" message. And today I was playing with CF and he got kicked too. First time It happened I thought it's my hardware issue, but I have net connection all the time, even connection to COH2 servers is maintained after kick, because I don't need to click "reconnect". I don't know what is going on :/
25 Jan 2020, 22:33 PM

@blvckdream, it happened to me too few times in past couple of days (before it never happened), just kicking me out of game without even "connection lost, reconnecting" message. And today I was playing with CF and he got kicked too. First time It happened I thought it's my hardware issue, but I have net connection all the time, even connection to COH2 servers is maintained after kick, because I don't need to click "reconnect". I don't know what is going on :/

Yeah Ikab had it too. It just kicks you out of the game saying you got disconnected.
26 Jan 2020, 11:05 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Today was the first time i got this issue too, random disconnected in a game wtf
28 Jan 2020, 15:08 PM

Still getting these lag spikes in-game. My internet is fine but the game sometimes freezes for 5 seconds, sometimes even almost 10 seconds. With or without connection lost -> reconnecting notification.

Never had this issue in the past but the last two weeks it's happening frequently. Very annoying. The games that are affected by the freezes are also the games where I have input lag. It's very strange though because it doesn't happen in every game. Only like 30% of games.
28 Jan 2020, 19:33 PM

Still getting these lag spikes in-game. My internet is fine but the game sometimes freezes for 5 seconds, sometimes even almost 10 seconds. With or without connection lost -> reconnecting notification.

Never had this issue in the past but the last two weeks it's happening frequently. Very annoying. The games that are affected by the freezes are also the games where I have input lag. It's very strange though because it doesn't happen in every game. Only like 30% of games.

when i get input lag its mostly becouse of random freezes in the first few sec in the game, and then the game is unable to "catch up"
22 Feb 2020, 00:04 AM

Yesterday and today 2 seconds input lag in every game.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS