Login

russian armor

How can i fight with blob with soviets in early game?

23 Jan 2019, 16:05 PM

How can i fight against blob using soviets in early game?
sorry for the mistake in the title
23 Jan 2019, 16:28 PM

Machine guns and well placed mines
23 Jan 2019, 16:32 PM

Machine guns and well placed mines

mines are good idea and i try to use them but i need a least 2 maxims to supres blob
23 Jan 2019, 18:27 PM
Donator 11

I think this thread needs definition of what OP calls a blob. Why? Because smaller groups of squads like 2-3 squads can be managed with even a single mg. Bigger ones need more mgs and theese mgs need to be microed, but eventually if the blob grows big enough it will just snipe mg models and win against mg. These kind of blobs don't happen to exist in the early game though.
23 Jan 2019, 20:01 PM

I personally think that penals behind cover can deal with blobs a lot more efficiently than maxims, in case the blobber isnt a complete moron and walks head first into the maxim every time.
4 Feb 2019, 21:28 PM

Should I back tech to support building if the axis is blobing infantry? At times Penal DPS isn't enough to deal with them.
5 Feb 2019, 03:48 AM

penals in cover and scout car with flamers, also combat engies on cover do good damage to units out of cover. Just keep kiting then until they are low and push with flame car.
7 Feb 2019, 12:11 PM

How do you managed to get outblobbed while playing as soviets? o_O

you have a lot of options, but either go t1 penals, t2/conscrip combo or just plain olde conscript spam until you get 2CP and then just get a couple of shock troops to completely dominate the infantry battles.

If you go shock rifle both t3 and t4 are entirely optional as you can just hold of until the IS2 (though I would recommend getting at least t3).
10 Feb 2019, 07:58 AM

you have a lot of options, but either go t1 penals, t2/conscrip combo or just plain olde conscript spam until you get 2CP and then just get a couple of shock troops to completely dominate the infantry battles.

If you go shock rifle both t3 and t4 are entirely optional as you can just hold of until the IS2 (though I would recommend getting at least t3).

manpower bleed when using cons or more expensive units (plus inability to build cover) when using penals, I still find mixed arms best as Soviets, maxim first, two cons then another maxim, then a con, after that get guards or shocks, depending on commander choice, also don't split your forces too much.
10 Feb 2019, 09:19 AM

He must be playing like you is how he manages it.
10 Feb 2019, 09:40 AM

OP you gotta give more details, what faction against?
There is no pratical way to defend against blob in early game, there is a drawback and an advantage to every play style.
If he blobs a lot, and you find your units outmatched, try to extend over the map.

And it depends also on the map.
Keep in mind that with soviets, doing 3 cons into maxim build is mostly viable, don't try penal builds if you're not yet experienced with that faction.
10 Feb 2019, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2019, 09:19 AMCresc

He must be playing like you is how he manages it.

What does that even mean?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS